Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polearm stances in need of some serious tender love and care

TheBlingKing

When the Melee changes hit, a lot of the Stance mods were revamped to incorporate the new Combo system. But in today's case, I use the word "revamped" very lightly, because despite being one of my favorite aesthetic-and-range-wise class of weapons, the Polearms are suffering from a serious case of CSMS (Crappy Stance Mod Syndrome).

Twirling Spire is the only polearm Stance animation-wise that feels like the Warframe is taking full advantage of the weapon's length and potential for fluidity, but its polarity only matches that of two of the possible 14 weapons (at time of posting) it can be equipped on, and some of the moves lock the movement in place.

Shimmering Blight literally uses the exact same animation for THREE of its possible four Combo moves.

2lg4qEg.png

Bleeding Willow shares this exact same problem, but not only lacks the spins you get from Stance 2, but also shares the 2-weapon Polarity issue from Stance 1.

lAIpsd4.png

At the very least, I'd suggest the Stances have differing animations for other attacks within the Stances as well, like Slide Attacks, which you would want to do with a weapon class of this range, or Heavy Attacks, which the new addition of Tennokai is incentivizing players to use more of. Just a little something to keep the variety there. I know Forma's an easy fix for the polarity issue but it shouldn't have to be considering there is a multitude of weapons with stances that fit all weapons of their class just fine. In this day and age, I don't really see the reason why two weapons in particular (especially when said weapons are the Serro and the BASE ORTHOS) need to be the exception.

CSMS isn't a Polearms-exclusive syndrome, but I thought I'd call out the polearms specifically because I'm biased and the Edun is the closest I'm getting to a spear weapon in WF other than spearguns and Styanax, so...

• Like 5

Yes, please.  I'd really like all the stances with missing combos to be completed.  Some that don't even have one complete stance even more so than polearms, which at least has Twirling Spire with all four moves.  Sparring, Staves, and Whips  all lack even that.

And then, getting further afield, I'd love a second stance for all the weapon classes that only have one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darkskytzo_Prime said:

if it's not broken don't try to fix it, cause you and i both know if they try to fix it it'll be way worse than what they are now and you'll hate it even more and we'll all be stuck with it

And when if that scenario comes into fruition, I'm giving you permission to stone me first for when Melee 4.0 drops and the Stances become even more unbearable.

39 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

a second stance for all the weapon classes that only have one.

ALL the yes. I need a reason to blow the dust off of my Ghoulsaw riven.

On 2024-03-03 at 11:34 AM, TheBlingKing said:

And when if that scenario comes into fruition, I'm giving you permission to stone me first for when Melee 4.0 drops and the Stances become even more unbearable.

ALL the yes. I need a reason to blow the dust off of my Ghoulsaw riven.

i gotcha

leave my shimmering blight alone!!!! its the only stance i truly love! i hate the ones that force me to stagger or stop all the time and if they "fix" shimmering blight we will end up with that same stagger bs.