Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't see person in dojo trade

TofuFramePrime

Question

Whenever I try and trade with someone from wf market I can't see them in my dojo trading window. I see other people in the dojo, who I can successfully trade with. They can also invite me to their dojo, or to Maroo's bazaar and that works fine. But neither of us can see the other in the trade window at my clan's dojo. Any ideas?

12 answers to this question

Seems like a connection issue where you simply cant host properly (at all). The only way to make sure is to do whatever youre trying to do somewhere completely else, with a different internet provider etc.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Seems like a connection issue where you simply cant host properly (at all). The only way to make sure is to do whatever youre trying to do somewhere completely else, with a different internet provider etc.

I have hosted and traded with my friend, we do missions together and I've traded with them no problem

tell them to teleport to vault, that usually fixes it for me (fast travel -> vault), then they can also initiate trade with you on the console, use Z/ Y (or whatever keybind) for marking the place in your dojo for them to come to, too

11 hours ago, TofuFramePrime said:

I have hosted and traded with my friend, we do missions together and I've traded with them no problem

Thats what Im saying. You might have crappy connection (or secure, depending how you look at it), Its called strict NAT and it only allows you to interact with some people, like a third of global population or less. So you can totally fully interact with some people but be unable to interact with others.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Yeah it could be an "out of range" problem too. But I guess you always had the players facing you or near you right?

Did the Clan build the Arrival Gate, which DE released a while ago to try and stop the Railjack bug, players may still be spawning away from the Main Hall via the old bug.

I'm guessing the Trade console is in the Main Hall. 

Railjack problem.

If partner is in Railjack section of Dojo - they will not be shown on the list until they move out. Esc  > FAST TRAVEL > DRY DOCK will fix this.

Clan architects may place an Arrival Gate decoration in their Dojo to prevent guests from spawning inside Railjack.

I'm just spitballing, I have no idea what might be your problem, with some players.

Edit:
I found the info on the Arrival Gate. To check if the Clan did build one, the link in this sentence will take you straight to the text in the post.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Thats what Im saying. You might have crappy connection (or secure, depending how you look at it), Its called strict NAT and it only allows you to interact with some people, like a third of global population or less. So you can totally fully interact with some people but be unable to interact with others.

Just looked into this, went through it with a guide to change some settings, I'll see if that makes a difference going forwards 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Has the clan built the forced join pad in the Dojo?

It's meant to stop them from landing/spawning somewhere else in the Dojo.

Not sure, how can I check this?

Just saw your follow up comment with helpful info in it, thanks for that

Edited by TofuFramePrime

1 minute ago, TofuFramePrime said:

Just looked into this, went through it with a guide to change some settings, I'll see if that makes a difference going forwards 

Strict NAT should've cause this issue with trading, I operate exclusively on strict NAT.

In my experience, the best way to prevent this bug is by inviting them while you're in the dojo already. They then might have to teleport to your location and be physically within range of you.

My clan's dojo is organized pretty well, but generally see the most issues with other people's dojo that don't have teleporters to the 'main hall' where the trading might be to be able to get physically closer to who you're trying to trade with.

Some dojos were seemingly designed to confuse people and actively made it difficult to find things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Agall said:

My clan's dojo is organized pretty well, but generally see the most issues with other people's dojo that don't have teleporters to the 'main hall' where the trading might be to be able to get physically closer to who you're trying to trade with.

Some dojos were seemingly designed to confuse people and actively made it difficult to find things.

Looking around my clan some more, I found a trading post in the room where you spawn in. I haven't played in a long time and I didn't know their icon on the map (it was also floating in the air and I couldn't see it lol) so I always took the teleporter to another room with a trading post in. Perhaps that room was too far away and causing issues.

With the network changes and this new knowledge hopefully it won't be a problem anymore, I'll find out when I next try to trade. Thanks everyone for the advice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TofuFramePrime said:

Good luck. When I had connection problems in other games (specifically with this sstupid strict NAT thing) back in the day, I was never able to fix it by port-forwarding or whatever else the guides said. It was only after my ISP changed their ways that I got better connection. Thats why I first recommended you to go to a completely differerent location using a different computer and a different ISP to make sure it really is your connection and not something else. But if there are these guides, it has to work for someone right? And it may as well work for you! All the best man.

Edited by MaxTunnerX