Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QuesoKnight Not Content Creator With Perks?

iampftw

There is no reason QuesoKnight shouldn’t continue to be a Warframe Content Creator. He was being cyber-attacked relentlessly through Warframe’s software, and he communicated fully, honestly, and transparently with Digital Extremes. He never once accused DE of doing the cyber-attacking. He is STILL suffering these attacks, yet he continues to play Warframe, to stream content from Warframe, and to be an amazing community member and leader despite DE offering no support whatsoever. Criticism enables a system to improve. I’ve been in his streams nearly every day for almost a year, and I’ve NEVER heard him accuse DE of anything. I’ve only heard CRITICISM, which is needed for improvement, of DE’s lack of support and communication.

I’ve played Warframe off and on for years. I didn’t come back to this game and now play it almost daily for nearly a year for Warframe or for Digital Extremes. I found QuesoKnight’s stream, not DE’s streams. I’m PROUD to be part of QuesoKnight’s community, not DE’s community. He deserves better after working so hard to do everything right and still get lied about and cut off. Help the people who enable you to do what you love. Just be better, please.

• Like 6

Hello,

I am writing as a gamer, a Warframe and DE huge fan, a friend, and a network engineer that has been part of QuesoKnights stream and community. I have been aware of what has been happening with his network and system attacks since the start of it, as well as when he made content creator, was raided by DE, and when he was grasping at straws trying to find any solution that he could to be able to continue to stream while he was consistently being attacked. I have personally been witness to the entire situation, including now that DE is under the belief that he accused DE of somehow being involved or responsible for such attacks. I can personally say that this was never an accusation that I heard or read anywhere during this terrible situation that he has been under.

I encourage the DE staff that is responsible for making these decisions in regard to who is eligible to be a part of the content creator program to reconsider. The positive outreach that QuesoKnight has made his entire platform about is helping new players which is a pain point for Warframe. This is a very positive person who was put in a very terrible and challenging position. He is not a network engineer, not an information security professional, or an IT professional, but rather an advocate for Warframe and DE dedicated to helping other players with a focus on new players. What I can attest that he did mention is that he was not getting responses, or at least helpful responses from DE as a content creator when he was reaching out for help or some form of guidance for the situation. Due to the severity of his attacks I think this is an understandable reaction when he was essentially getting his entire stream shut down from these attacks which affects his livelihood as a full-time streamer. 

I have no doubt that QuesoKnight would be a strong content creator for DE and is a positive influence for other players, especially new players. We are all human, we all make mistakes, we all experience strong emotions when we are under personal attack. Please be mindful of this and place yourselves in these shoes for a moment. This is a good person who I know will be an asset to the content creator program and adhere to any guidelines about what can and cannot be said as a part of this program.

Thank you DE for all that you do, you have been my favorite game developer for many years and I have faith in your team.

• Like 9

I second this post. Queso is an amazing creator and has done SOOOO much for the warframe community as a whole. I believe his status as an official creator should be reconsidered, QuesoKnight deserves a second chance.

As someone else from Queso's community, I also believe the decision to not make him an official creator should be reconsidered. Queso does so much for the warframe community, and gives away 90% of his time to new members of the game specifically. He is a huge, positive influence on new players to the game.

If anyone from DE is reading these, please reconsider QuesoKnight's standing as an official warframe creator. I think there has been a misunderstanding, Queso is an amazing creator and gives everything he's able to new players to help them enjoy the game and keep going. He answers tons of questions and is always helping new players out.

• Like 4

QuesoKnight deserves to be official creator please reconsider QuesoKnight's standing, he has been the victim of serious DDoS attacks, but he has not been held responsible for the attack on DE

• Like 4

I don't know much about everything that went on, and I prefer to stick to truths...

QuesoKnight is a light in the dark for both new tenno and old. He gives out free prime warframes to baby tenno, and that includes my sister. But even for me, who isn't new, he has given me a better arsenal, tips to improve, helped me get the galvanized mods I need to move forward in the game, and his streams really just bring me up emotionally. It feels good to be part of a community focused solely on helping others. There is no shaming, only support. He's built a community on that, and I think when everything happened with his internet security, lines got blurred in frustration, and things got taken way out of context. If there is anyone who deserves to be a content creator, it's Queso, because he's the posterguy for upstanding warframe community member. He cares about helping everyone make it, new or old. He's exactly what people think of when we say "Warframe has one of the greatest communities in gaming", and I think he deserves another chance.

• Like 5

Have for a long time followed Quesoknight. 
Been part of his clan in the game and part of his community.
Have myself seen and to some extent,
tried from limited insight to guide and enlighten Quesoknight,
regarding various threats and other aspects that may be contributing to his current situation.
And have never heard him accuse DE of hacking his computer,
absolutely he has said that he would rather it would be DE than any other outsider.
He has explicitly stated several times a desire for DE's participation in solving the problem.
Aware that THEY have been part of the viewers of the stream.
Edited by xxWildCardxx
  • Like 4

Queso has been a massive help in helping me understand and make progress in the game. I stopped playing back in 2017 and picked the game back up a few days before finding his stream and probably would have abandoned it again if not for him. Y'all #*!%ed up by punishing him for the actions of others.

• Like 3

I'm guessing since most of the commenters here have exactly one forum post (the ones in this thread) that QuesoKnight viewers are taking to the forums because something happened.  I have never heard of QuesoKnight before nor am I aware of what purportedly happened.  Does anyone want to fill the rest of us in?

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I'm guessing since most of the commenters here have exactly one forum post (the ones in this thread) that QuesoKnight viewers are taking to the forums because something happened.  I have never heard of QuesoKnight before nor am I aware of what purportedly happened.  Does anyone want to fill the rest of us in?

A few months ago, [DE] Raided him after a stream and he was giving out prime frames left and right. 33 Khoras, a bunch of hildryns and so on. Shortly after, he because having severe network security attacks. At one point during one said attack, he said something that was misunderstood or misconstrued, and today he told us [DE] removed his content creator status. The reason most users only have one or two posts is because Queso's main audience is "baby tenno" (between MR 2 and MR 11) and so it's mostly new players he's helped out, and people are upset at the situation.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

A few months ago, [DE] Raided him after a stream and he was giving out prime frames left and right. 33 Khoras, a bunch of hildryns and so on. Shortly after, he because having severe network security attacks. At one point during one said attack, he said something that was misunderstood or misconstrued, and today he told us [DE] removed his content creator status. The reason most users only have one or two posts is because Queso's main audience is "baby tenno" (between MR 2 and MR 11) and so it's mostly new players he's helped out, and people are upset at the situation.

Thanks for the clarification.  So it sounds like whatever he said was the reason he was removed from the program?  I'm curious what he said but if it's enough to get someone booted out of the creator program I'd guess it would also be enough to get a forum post moderated.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

To make a long story short, QuesoKnight is a streamer on twitch. His niche is newer players and giving them gear or advice to keep them playing and having fun, as well as giveaways for veteran players. In the past few months, Queso has been experiencing weird network issues, taking his stream down while he is live. He believes he is getting DDoS'ed as he has greatly stepped up his security and monitoring software since the issue started. During this time, Queso stepped away from streaming for a few days, and let DE know he wasnt going to be streaming. At that time, he lost his content creator status. Now hes back and in full swing, but somewhere along the way it was believed that Queso blamed DE directly for the DoS'ing issues, and they communicated that he was no longer eligible to be a creator again. 

We as the community are trying to use our voice to get them to reconsider, as we believe its a misunderstanding and that queso never meant to implicate that DE was the cause of the DDoS issues. We just want to see if DE will give Queso another chance as a partnered content creator.

• Like 4

I would also like to state for the record that I do not believe that DE attacked (ddosed) my stream. I have never believed that. I never said that on any stream. I did say that it seems very weird that I am not getting help from DE to resolve the issues I am having. I have already provided DE the prof that this kind of attack is possible through Warfarme. I have also proved that it is it is significantly less likely that the issue is with my network or hardware.

My Stream was attacked again today and I did not blame it on DE. The truth of this issue is inconvenient but it is inconveniencing me the most not DE. I should not be punished for this when I have tried to provide as much info as I can to DE to help them resolve this network security threat.

• Like 7

QuesoKnight has been a big inspiration for me, my wife, and my brother playing Warframe. He has worked tirelessly day and night (literally) to get primes and other items in game to give to new players. He has also been an invaluable source of information as we learn the game. This situation has understandably been very stressful for him, but I fully expect him to become one of the biggest Warframe Twitch streamers. His growth over the past year is evidence of the quality of entertainment and help he provides. I look forward to his positive, wholesome, and goofy streams every day. He is hands down my favorite Warframe streamer.

DE, please reconsider your decision. QuesoKnight is a great influence for the Warframe community and worthy of what the Creator Program stands for.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, QuesoKnight said:

I would also like to state for the record that I do not believe that DE attacked (ddosed) my stream. I have never believed that. I never said that on any stream. I did say that it seems very weird that I am not getting help from DE to resolve the issues I am having. I have already provided DE the prof that this kind of attack is possible through Warfarme. I have also proved that it is it is significantly less likely that the issue is with my network or hardware.

My Stream was attacked again today and I did not blame it on DE. The truth of this issue is inconvenient but it is inconveniencing me the most not DE. I should not be punished for this when I have tried to provide as much info as I can to DE to help them resolve this network security threat.

Any idea why someone would be attacking you?

I'm just really wondering how a DDoS could target someone through WF without it impacting WF aswell, or the specific Twitch (I assume Twitch is used) channel without impacting all of Twitch aswell. Since both go through official servers initially. In WF there is no connection between individual players until a group is made or you enter a relay/hub. And in a group it would at that point be one out of those 3 other players doing something specific. While in hubs you are using the DE servers.

And if a stream was attacked by a DDoS, wouldnt that imply an insane amount of viewers? Which again would really end up stressing Twitch overall.

Another odd thing is that we havent heard of this from other streamers afaik. So why are you specifically attacked?

• Like 6

I'm not familiar with the streamer but it seems like a strange situation. If the DDoS was a major issue you would think it would be mentioned more often, people that target streamers tend to go for ones with higher number of viewers just to get attention, I doubt it would be something DE would ignore.

Can it really be confirmed that it's a DDoS and not some other issue specific to this streamer?

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Can it really be confirmed that it's a DDoS and not some other issue specific to this streamer?

It can be, but likely not something achieved through WF or Twitch (unless a raid), but something direct due to a leaked IP or such. I think the reason for the perk removals in this case is because he implies as stated here by him in this thread that it is a security risk tied to the WF software. If it was we would have heard about more WF streamers suffering from this and likely a megathread on the issue aswell since it wouldnt just be a risk for streamers at that point.

I mean there have been DDoS attacks directed at streamers in general, but nothing indicates it is tied to the games or twitch itself, outside of those that swamp people with raids. But that would result in a massive view increase, which could help pinpoint the root of the problem.

• Like 2

On 2024-03-14 at 9:31 AM, Joylesstuna said:

Any idea why someone would be attacking you?

I'm going to guess it's the age old art of DDoSing thing you don't like.  I wouldn't be shocked if the ones that were doing this doesn't even play the game.  There was a similar issue with an XIV streamer.  Turns out it was a bunch of angry WoW fans trying to close down this guy's stream who was just doing some sketches of people's characters who were tuning into the stream.  In DE's case it's a bad situation for Mr. CheeseKnight since this game's main gameplay loop is collecting things and streamers who can give away in game items will always get more views because people like free things.  The guy sounds like a real newb helper (I gotta catch a livestream of his one of these days!) so this really helps babby Tennos like me.  Stinks that all this happened.  I pray DE will fix this but I'm a glass half empty sort of guy so... good luck Quesoman!

Edited by MetalMechabolic

20 hours ago, MetalMechabolic said:

I'm going to guess it's the age old art of DDoSing thing you don't like.  I wouldn't be shocked if the ones that were doing this doesn't even play the game.  There was a similar issue with an XIV streamer.  Turns out it was a bunch of angry WoW fans trying to S#&$ down this guy's stream who was just doing some sketches of people's characters who were tuning into the stream.  In DE's case it's a bad situation for Mr. CheeseKnight since this game's main gameplay loop is collecting things and streamers who can give away in game items will always get more views because people like free things.  The guy sounds like a real newb helper (I gotta catch a livestream of his one of these days!) so this really helps babby Tennos like me.  Stinks that all this happened.  I pray DE will fix this but um a glass half empty sort of guy so... good luck Quesoman!

QuesoKnight is a fantastic streamer and person, and we (his little community) would gladly welcome anyone, whether you’re a baby Tenno or not, as long as you’re respectful and follow his chat rules. He really puts himself on the line to help people find as much enjoyment as possible out of a game that he loves so much by a game developer and publisher that he also loves. He’s said MULTIPLE times in his streams that Digital Extremes is his favorite. We’re not sure whether this cyber-attacker is a jealous person, a person who thinks QuesoKnight is undermining the market by giving ONE free prime Warframe to baby Tenno, or a person who’s just plain rude. Definitely jump in his stream on Twitch! He also has VODs posted on his YouTube channel. Come and show QuesoKnight some support!

On 2024-03-13 at 6:58 PM, QuesoKnight said:

Its not DEs responsibility to help with your issues.  This is a problem with YOUR security vulnerabilities. This may have happened because of warframe, but it didn't happen THROUGH warframe. There is no evidence I can find of any warframe streamer being DDoSed through warframe. You would be the first if this is true. If I had to guess about content creator status... You handled it poorly. You have quit and come back more times than I have ever seen any streamer. You left your discord server open and barely communicated anything and left everyone to speculate on what was going on numerous times. There were people accusing each other of being the DDoSer, there were people speculating if you or your family were in danger, all because you didn't communicate what was going on. On top of all that, at the first sign of trouble you quit, deleted all your social media and youtube, how do you expect to be a content creator when you didn't have any place to upload content? You have since brought your youtube back, but do you really think DE wants to put someone on their content creator program when at the first sign of an issue will just blame their game and delete all their content? 

I just think you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction, I think the way you are handling it is not good either. I don't think warframe has any blame in this whatsoever. In fact, at one point you said in your discord server that some OBS plugins were the cause of your issue, which has NOTHING to do with warframe. But when I googled those plugins, no one had any issues as you stated. Which would also make that another first. Do I think you're having issues? Yeah, clearly, but I dont think those have anything to do with warframe or DE. 

For what its worth, I like you queso, really I do, I think you got a chill vibe and the things you do for baby tenno are amazing, but all this other stuff, it aint it chief. 

• Like 4