The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am super curious about how Xaku Prime is gonna be designed. Reason: lore

Kronxito

22 hours ago, Kronxito said:

Prime frames are the original design, sightly better than mass produced frames. 

Varzia explicitly says some started as base frames and Primed later. This means Primes are not always the originals.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

I thought I read somewhere that Primes were basically the elite guard of the warframes so to speak, sort of a 'hey, this warframe did well so it gets gold armor to show off'. Any warframes getting 'Primed' after the fall of the empire would basically be the Tenno going 'hey, this frame has achieved elite status' and slapping on the upgrades to it. Easier to think of that way anyhow as it fixes any weird issues w/ Primes being the 'originals' and frames from newer points in the timeline.

Went to check and Varzia says, "Some Warframes were Primed from the start. Others earned it. Ballas never told the whole truth." 

So this seems to follow that the Orokin probably wanted certain frames to already be 'elite' by their standards, maybe for marketing purposes or propaganda, and others getting Primed probably in ceremonies (they sure seem to love their ceremonies).

• Like 1

all frames will be primed, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Revenant prime was pretty much stated to be a causal Anomaly, one that Ballas took personally as an insult.

I too am curious how he'll look, but I'm not worried if he turns out ugly as I've got his Deluxe Skin to fall back on. 

Xaku is a living requiem it uses 3 requiems as its main abilities but for the sheer fact of it being a broken frame with broken scaling potential all I can picture is an energy armor shield and hp boost high enough to keep them alive for more then 1 instakill thraxx centurion hit at level 155+

On 2024-03-16 at 7:32 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

all frames will be primed, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Revenant prime was pretty much stated to be a causal Anomaly, one that Ballas took personally as an insult.

I too am curious how he'll look, but I'm not worried if he turns out ugly as I've got his Deluxe Skin to fall back on. 

The problem is xaku has no gender so it doesn't follow the 2 female and 2 male prime cycle so immediately after xaku gets primed yareli is up then it's lavos and sevagoth for the male frames in 2025

On 2024-03-14 at 3:46 PM, Jarriaga said:

Varzia explicitly says some started as base frames and Primed later. This means Primes are not always the originals.

Retcon Retcon Retcon yeah buddy. Hurray for retcon. Wouldn’t makes sense without it. 

On 2024-03-14 at 3:46 PM, Jarriaga said:

You know that’s a retcon right? I mean you should you have been around awhile. That used to not be the case. But we all know DE make it up as they go and if it no make sense hail the almighty retcon. 

On 2024-03-16 at 2:33 AM, Ylluria said:

Went to check and Varzia says, "Some Warframes were Primed from the start. Others earned it. Ballas never told the whole truth." 

Yeah that’s a retcon. It used to not be that way. But if you haven’t played in a while you would have no idea. Unless you are keeping up with the updates and read their pages of retconed convoluted lore.

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82

10 hours ago, ArmoredDragoness said:

Xaku is a living requiem it uses 3 requiems as its main abilities but for the sheer fact of it being a broken frame with broken scaling potential all I can picture is an energy armor shield and hp boost high enough to keep them alive for more then 1 instakill thraxx centurion hit at level 155+

The problem is xaku has no gender so it doesn't follow the 2 female and 2 male prime cycle so immediately after xaku gets primed yareli is up then it's lavos and sevagoth for the male frames in 2025

Yareli? no, Protea would be next if it's gonna be a female, Yareli is too recent. and anyway, it's up to DE to decide whether a male or female prime should come afterwards, and I reckon they'll choose one that they reckon will sell well... so not Yareli. 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-13 at 5:45 PM, Kronxito said:

Prime frames are the original design, sightly better than mass produced frames. 

Xaku is an amalgam of 3 frames that got lost in the void. So, for it to be coherent with the lore…. Xaku prime shouldnt be a thing.  

It should be 3 prime frames instead:  Gaze prime, Accuse prime and Deny prime.  

3 Prime Accesses which would be 9 months in total. Obviously this isnt gonna happen (it would be amazing if it did!!!!!).

I've been hoping DE would actually make those 3 warframes that also make up Xaku. 

I mean you could technically still craft them, so why not have the 3 frames that make up Xaku also playable warframes in the game? Especially when they have concept art of those 3 frames and have shown them off on a devstream. 

Edited by Cram_Duahcim

There are no rules when it comes to primes.

Does the lore state it would make no sense?

Too bad, here's some new lore snippet that now says it can happen!

Revenant is the prime (haha) example of this.

Long standing thingummy is that the only real difference between a 'Prime' Warframe and a 'regular' one isn't even the looks. Since Primes can be skinned (and canonically skins exist from both the comics and in-game functions like The Silver Grove), the look doesn't really matter.

The only difference is the actual specific crafting components used to create them, which gives them better base stats. We get hold of those through Relics (which are quantum-nonsense, meaning the part you get out is the original part, and always is the original part, and you can have 40 of the original part), and we craft the 'regular' versions through blueprints we acquire from other sources.

It's theorised that we basically 'interpret' the blueprints we find with the parts our Foundry can use to create the same Ability set, even if it's visually different from the frame the blueprints are based on. It's why Valkyr looks like she does, compared to Valkyr Prime, because we scan the parts from Alad's Lab, not from the original Valkyr (and the Gersemi skin was a skin, so there's some... lost appearance that exists for Valkyr from before the Lab).

What this means for Xaku is simple: The lore says that the three original frames were failures, and so merged into Xaku. Those three were most likely 'Prime' frames, made with the things that gave them the superior base stats, and so the original Xaku would have been Xaku Prime. And so that's what we're going to get out of Relics.

The Xaku we make now is no different to the Revenant we get, which is an 'interpreted' version of the blueprints we find in game. It looks different because... the Foundry doesn't care ^^ It's just creating the frame so that it performs the same way.

Only the parts we get out of Relics produce the Prime look and stats.