Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Needs To Come Back To The Market

OblivionNecroninja

With the implmentation of Damage 2.0, Gorgon now has an important role to fill: it's the ONLY automatic rifle with more Impact physical damage than other types. As a result, it NEEDS to return to the market so that people who like automatic weapons have an effective Primary option against the Corpus.

Edited by OblivionNecroninja

You can still get it as a login reward. Makes it a giant hassle to get, yeah, but it isn't inaccessible.

That said DE has retired several weapons in the past so this is a trend that's probably going to continue.

From what I understand, all the weapons that were retired (including the Gorgon, at the time) were retired for balance reasons (I.E. they sucked). But the Gorgon DOESN'T suck anymore, so it should come OUT of retirement.

Except the Snipetron. Dunno what was up with that.

Sniper on was retired for continuity issues. It was a solid round corpus weapon, so was replaced with the Lanka

See, I WOULD belive that...

Except for the fact that we've got stuff like the Cestra: a Corpus pistol that takes Grineer Neural Interfaces (Neurodes) to build. So CLEARLY DE doesn't really care about stuff being consistant with the setting.

PLUS the evidence (the fact that they have Vandals and the way that Tenno weapons look completely different) indicates that the Braton series are Corpus weapons as well, and DE didn't pull THOSE.

Sniper on was retired for continuity issues. It was a solid round corpus weapon, so was replaced with the Lanka

DE can't write lore; Braton, and Lex are Corpus weapons that use solid rounds.

The smart fix would be to say "The Corpus have upgraded their technology and no longer use solid round technology, they have outfitted their forces with newer, energy based weaponry. The Snipetron was produced in limited quantities for elites, and has been completely sold out."

See, I WOULD belive that...

Except for the fact that we've got stuff like the Cestra: a Corpus pistol that takes Grineer Neural Interfaces (Neurodes) to build. So CLEARLY DE doesn't really care about stuff being consistant with the setting.

PLUS the evidence (the fact that they have Vandals and the way that Tenno weapons look completely different) indicates that the Braton series are Corpus weapons as well, and DE didn't pull THOSE.

Neurodes are an Infested object. Neural Sensors are Grineer apparently but it dropped from both Infested and Corpus bosses. I don't think it really breaks the lore if materials from a different faction are used. (Corpus are merchants, they could've easily traded for these and integrated into their technology)

Technically any Corpus robot could use neurodes and neural sensors to function.

On a topic related note:

For the Gorgon, I still have hopes that it will eventually become a clan weapon.  The Gorgon was a favorite gun among the playerbase so I feel outright scrapping it would be a bad idea.  DE however, isn't always known for making good decisions...

With the implmentation of Damage 2.0, Gorgon now has an important role to fill: it's the ONLY automatic rifle with more Impact physical damage than other types. As a result, it NEEDS to return to the market so that people who like automatic weapons have an effective Primary option against the Corpus.

I support this if only to stop getting it as a login reward! Three times in the last four bloody days!

I wont agree with it coming back due to impact dmg, but i agree it should come back cause ppl actually want to use it now.

Edited by Davoodoo

Neurodes are an Infested object. Neural Sensors are Grineer apparently but it dropped from both Infested and Corpus bosses. I don't think it really breaks the lore if materials from a different faction are used. (Corpus are merchants, they could've easily traded for these and integrated into their technology)

Nah, they retconned Neurodes into Grineer and Sensors into Infested 'cause they got them mixed up.

As for Corpus using Neurodes... Why not just use Control Modules?

wait till you can trade blueprints and I can give you the 10 Gorgon BP's that I've been collecting since log in rewards were introduced =P 

Good thing i boguht the Gorgon BP before they removed it from the market *Me Gusta*

I support this if only to stop getting it as a login reward! Three times in the last four bloody days!

Yeah, yeah, rub it in! :P

Is it weird that I liked the Gorgon more so than the Soma? The higher base damage scaled better with Serration. And a single, not even fully upgraded Fire rate mod solved any issue with the wind-up.

No, it's all a matter of taste. I like the soma because it's accurate, and I'm more than willing to have trade-off in damage.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing the Gorgon making a comeback. I have had a couple of friends asking me if there is a "heavy machine gun" type rifle available early on for the player, but sadly there aren't any in the game, aside from Supra which requires Clan access, a lot of farming of Fieldrons, loads of control modules, tons of plastids, a massive amount of credits to craft, and last but not least high mastery rank.

There should be an "archetype" of each weapon class available for starting players to keep their interest up.

Examples:

Assault Rifle : Braton

Burst-fire Assault Rifle: Burston

Semi-Automatic Battle Rifle: Latron

Shotgun: Strun

Sniper: Vulkar (not sure about the mastery req, was high rank when I got it) or Vectis

Full-auto Sub-machine gun: Grakata (I rank it as a SMG due to poor accuracy and damage, haven't used it for ages though)

Light Machine Gun: None atm, Gorgon would be a great choice.

If players feel their choices are limited and they can't find something they want to play with, they may lose interest. Which in the long run is not good for DEs business.

Nah, they retconned Neurodes into Grineer and Sensors into Infested 'cause they got them mixed up.

As for Corpus using Neurodes... Why not just use Control Modules?

LOL, sad thing is that they STILL don't seem to realize that doing so didn't even fix anything regarding their issues... *shrugs*

@OP - Not only Gorgon, all retired weapons should come back. Why limit the market? Boar, Ether Daggers, Machete and even Snipetron should all come back. They say they removed them because of "lore / style" reasons. Yeah right -.- We aren't that naive... Just bring them all back already.

You can still get it as a login reward. Makes it a giant hassle to get, yeah, but it isn't inaccessible.

That said DE has retired several weapons in the past so this is a trend that's probably going to continue.

Got it from the Login Reward today. First time I got something good from that for 2 straight months. I normally get Warframe XP and Weapon XP. That's it. Kinda lucky this time.

Got it from the Login Reward today. First time I got something good from that for 2 straight months. I normally get Warframe XP and Weapon XP. That's it. Kinda lucky this time.

Gotten it 2 or 3 times in the last 4 days now. I think I am getting spoiled... Too bad I already have one fully ranked and Forma'd up.

I wish they would let us trade blueprints, I could make a lot of players happy with them.