Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

On 2024-03-29 at 8:55 AM, Mitra00 said:

The game still doesn't have a strict concept regarding many of the game mechanics. It's not clear what to expect from the helmint. It is not clear what is the rationale behind certain actions to change the balance. There is no detailed description of these or those motivations for them. DE, if you think that this is a healthy attitude towards the community, which is the only thing that supports your game, then I think you need to at least reconsider your views from the other side.

Let's be honest, there is more than just a casual layer of players in your wonderful game. A large number of people: thousands, tens of thousands of them, are looking for complex mechanics, trials, challenges, as well as ample opportunities to deal with them. Everyone finds in your game his own corner and his own occupation that brings him pleasure. Trampling on one before the other is the worst strategy for treating a community. It segregates the community. Divides. It should unite and expand.

If you're so worried about different "levels" of players getting power peaks that don't match their content, then make the ability to increase their power multiples an option. Make the hilmint two levels of skill grafting. Up to the current level (I mean before the nerfs that was on the example of the same eclipse) and for the initial levels. As a result, it will be easier to monitor the balance, because the groups using, albeit twice as many abilities will be divided clearly by the level of content in which they apply them.

I wish your game nothing but the best. To you and our community.

That's a large part of the problem, they do note explain their methodology, this is why it always feels knee jerk and reactionary, rather that reasonably considered and most of the time it usually is. They just hear that something is wrong and do not take the time to understand why something is good in comparison to the rest. Too many helminth abilities are too situational and too weak, because DE is afraid of powercreep or something, despite the game being power crept into the DPS meta we have now for years.

Destiny 2 for all its problems, always explains its reasoning when it comes to balance. They have set out goals and ideas for how abilities, weapons and powers should work within their sandbox and their roles within their games, they do this all the time in long blogposts. So not just the Devs but the community have guidelines and what to expect from them.  DE on the other hand never changes things till backlash or huge negative community sentiment, very often.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 2

Chart showing how useless Eclipse Helminth now is only situation where eclipse is better than roar is when you dont have a single dot effect than eclipse does 50% more dmg in any other scenario roar does way more dmg 171% more dmg when you play without faction mod and 144% when you play with faction mod (this is with 300% strenght build)

image.png?ex=661cb7b8&is=660a42b8&hm=303

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eisenstirn said:

Chart showing how useless Eclipse Helminth now is only situation where eclipse is better than roar is when you dont have a single dot effect than eclipse does 50% more dmg in any other scenario roar does way more dmg 171% more dmg when you play without faction mod and 144% when you play with faction mod (this is with 300% strenght build)

You also have Xatas whisper too, Eclipse is unusable now as a damage buff, outside on mirage herself.

• Like 2

On 2024-04-01 at 3:17 PM, Eisenstirn said:

You're literally showing that eclipse isn't useless. There are legitimate scenarios where it does more damage than roar, namely those that don't rely on DOT effects. You also need to remember eclipse costs only a third of what roar does, can be recast, and has a shorter cast time. I won't mention the defensive utility because you and many others love to pretend that doesn't exist either.

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb GrumpyPants:

You're literally showing that eclipse isn't useless. There are legitimate scenarios where it does more damage than roar, namely those that don't rely on DOT effects. You also need to remember eclipse costs only a third of what roar does, can be recast, and has a shorter cast time. I won't mention the defensive utility because you and many others love to pretend that doesn't exist either.

no like I said in my post eclipse has 1 single scenario where its better by 50% what is nothing compared to roar wich is better in every other scenario and not only by 50% but by 140 and more

and the defensive part is useless no sane person on the whole planet uses that except 1 or 2 inaros player 

• Like 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb -ShadowRadiance-:

HI! 

Im using it on my wisp build to offer reliable DR as a wisp!

vor 21 Stunden schrieb --Leyenda-yight6:

Just because it seems useless to you doesn't make it less important.

Congrats you are insane

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eisenstirn said:

Congrats you are insane

I am? i wish someone would have told me before now!, i could have cashed out benefits!

Anyhow, 

As long as Eclipse offer the flexibility with a built in "OH SHI" button in the form of the DR. It should -never- be able to compete with specilized buffs that only does one thing (Regardless of how many mini buffs that enhances that dmg in 15-200 different ways)

Eclipse has two powers in one. Two vastly different effects.

As long as it has that functionality. It should -never- be able to compete with roar, or xata or similiar buffs reliably. 

So either beg Pablo to give it some previous rework examples, of cutting an ability in two. (Which will kill Mirage) (But im sure you will be fine with, as long as you get your dmg)

I dont see it happening. Nor will i stop posting in every single thread about eclipse to share that viewpoint.

Am 4.4.2024 um 10:32 schrieb -ShadowRadiance-:

I am? i wish someone would have told me before now!, i could have cashed out benefits!

Anyhow, 

As long as Eclipse offer the flexibility with a built in "OH SHI" button in the form of the DR. It should -never- be able to compete with specilized buffs that only does one thing (Regardless of how many mini buffs that enhances that dmg in 15-200 different ways)

Eclipse has two powers in one. Two vastly different effects.

As long as it has that functionality. It should -never- be able to compete with roar, or xata or similiar buffs reliably. 

So either beg Pablo to give it some previous rework examples, of cutting an ability in two. (Which will kill Mirage) (But im sure you will be fine with, as long as you get your dmg)

I dont see it happening. Nor will i stop posting in every single thread about eclipse to share that viewpoint.

Ok Its fine for me if you are 1 of the 10 players that uses the dmg reduction but why cant we just use a system where you have to decide what buff you want before you go in the mission

Am 4.4.2024 um 11:14 schrieb BroDutt:

Wait there's still a number of player playing Eidolon and Profit Taker? Why?

Warframe v

Wait because they have fun doing it or speedrunning it, and idk if you knew but you need Credits that you get the best way from profit taker

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-04-06 at 6:31 PM, Eisenstirn said:

Wait because they have fun doing it or speedrunning it, and idk if you knew but you need Credits that you get the best way from profit taker

If you can speedrun Profit Taker before Eclipse rework then you shouldn't have problem with credit NOW. Even with 10 - 15 m (normal solo) per Profit Taker with booster and Effigy can get you 1- 2 millions in an hour. I never ran out of credit once I passed the 20 millions since you rarely spend that much (trading tax mostly under 100.000 cr) and you can recoup that by playing normal game (eg. selling Harrow Chasis). 

Losing the multiplier buff sucks, but actually being able to survive more than a few seconds with Mirage on SP is a huge boost. Eclipse's Rework also allows frames like Banshee that are also agonizingly fragile to work better in Solo. Mirage still has one of the best scaling 4ths in the game, and it doesn't take much to get it cooking entire rooms.

Mirage is just fine, some of y'all need to calm down.

• Like 1