Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Chroma's New Guardian Armor

First sentence of the augment, "Chroma's Health takes 50% of the damage dealt to Allies".
It does, unless there is Overguard. Did some testing when I got Dante in my lobby. idk if the damage is just being so mitigated before its even applied to my health or if its actually applied to overguard. Either way, no damage bonus 

• Like 10

please make it apply to overguard. at the moment overguard completely invalidates his kit. also please fix it not working if you are hosting

the "squad kills" only counts if chroma is killing things at the moment as well

Edited by Firewolfslayer
  • Like 3

The augment now has a max duration cap equal to the max modded duration since the last hotfix.

Like, seriously? It was so good to finally drop Narrow Minded and have some range to buff my squad. With this change the augment becomes pointless, having Narrow Minded and being an egoistical player giving no buffs to anyone is simply more effective and has none of the drawbacks (like almost dying because teammate decided it was a good idea to face tank the Effervo boss's laser).

Edited by p_silveira
  • Like 2

So going over the current state of the augment: I really dislike the cap. I am able to get a decent build up with chroma on his buffs, but limiting the duration cap to the max duration really hurt this mod due to how Chroma is current set up in the game. 

My fix on this if you really want it capped at the Build's duration cap is to increase the amount if duration we get per kill. Maybe increase the duration by 3 instead of 1 so that we can actually sustain the Mod instead of seeing it go away so quickly. I know a lot of chroma players can be satisfied with that answer, but if this is going to be the mods current state, then DE, YOU gave us nothing for this augment. I love this game, but this augment was honestly what I was looking forward to the most on Chroma, and now its kinda useless. Please increase the amount of duration we can get per kill.

If it were me, I would rework the duration to cap out at 60 seconds and kills increase duration by 3 per kill. Though the change above I imagine is more feasible. 

• Like 2

I agree, the addition of the duration cap feels like a knee-jerk, last-hour-in-the-day nerf - to say nothing of the unintentional bug it caused.

It feels really good to surpass the cap! I had a defense mission where I was fuelling a Mesa with a helminth'd dispensary while she was fuelling my vex duration, that felt like a very fun interaction!

Furthermore, the augment has a strong drawback (Beyond eating up a high-demand mod slot) in that in can absolutely liquify your health pool if your allies suddenly take a lot of damage. I don't think the aug can kill you outright but you're pretty much dependant on your shields to protect yourself while you wait to bounce back - and I'm perfectly happy with that risk if it doesn't mean I need to endlessly babysit my vex buff.

Ah, look, I'm not even asking for it to go back to the way it was, something as simple as 2x the starting duration is an acceptable compromise, that's all I'm saying.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, FrenchLinko said:

It does, unless there is Overguard.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAC3m6V0HauiB9LKkDg8V

Overguaaaaaaard!!

Seriously though. It's getting frustrating that Overguard is interfering/overriding a lot health tanks and their abilities now.

• Like 6

It feels to me like 1 second does next to nothing. It might against a horde of infested. But staring at the timer, I'll kill 3 or 4 enemies in rapid succession and it maybe added 1 second total.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Marksman_X6 a dit :

It feels to me like 1 second does next to nothing. It might against a horde of infested. But staring at the timer, I'll kill 3 or 4 enemies in rapid succession and it maybe added 1 second total.

Im not sure but that looklike a bug hosting, when YOU Kill is working. the mod was very , very pleasant when launched , but DE always found something for kill our fun.

Edit : and manage to break it in the volley , so the augment was cool and clear for 4H , they patch for "too much duration LOL" and we got a bugged useless mod.

Edited by Zeliphar
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TeaHands said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAC3m6V0HauiB9LKkDg8V

Overguaaaaaaard!!

Seriously though. It's getting frustrating that Overguard is interfering/overriding a lot health tanks and their abilities now.

i love this hahaha

• Like 1

Even after patch the mod is disapointing.

168% of duration = 40 seconds of armor , and even 40 second i can't self sustain with the mod = i continuing to babysit my spell , because.. 1 sec per kill who work like magic...

Stack when ally take hit ? who care if i need to spamm my spell , i will just throw myself like old time into enemy for stack.

Conclusion : until change i think more strenght > augment 

i wish a lot for this augment , but unfortunately he will take dust into arsenal , one of my biggest disapointment 

36 minutes ago, Nazuud said:

rework chroma instead of this bs

Yeah honestly, all this augment has done is really highlight the fact that Chroma's kit is in desperate need of an update for modern Warframe.

• Like 2

I think this augment would be great if it was just part of his OG kit, Chroma can soak up 50% of the damage his team takes, especially with that health regen.

A Chroma rework is needed, I just love Vex Armour's bonuses. I think its cool he can change his element in his kit with his One, but that damn One. I find no synergy with spewing fire
with his kit, I always thought of a damage accumulation thing with Vex. Like the damage done to Chroma and allies through vex can be added up into an elemental fireball with a large aoe and armor strip. 
i love chroma, hurts to see other characters get crazy good treatment and other frames get shafted 

• Like 1

i think a Overguard rework is mandatory. Chroma is also in deperate need for a rework and now that Dantes are everywhere it's almost impossible to use Vex on a mission because of Overguard.

If Overguard counted as a sort of overshield but for health, like temporary hp (it sorta does, but the game refuses to count it as health), and Vex and the abilities ecc... that use Health also used Overguard in the same way even with halved efficiency or less, almost all the problems would be solved. Feel free to share your thoughs about it 

now i will make a hard take:

Chroma rework could have a Vex Armor which extends in minor form his damage bonus as the newly introduced Ability Damage bonus.

By doing this both Effigy and Spectral Scream, both useless and both weak as hell, could actually do a bit of damage.

another possibility would be adding an ability which works like Bloodletting, consuming hp (and buffing Vex) to charge up the Ability Damage or to do damage itself, like a self damage spectral scream

I know DE probably wont do this, but with the new Inaros hope is there even for a up-to-date version of Chroma. Maybe nothing strong as hell, but at least viable.

Edited by (PSN)baghera99r