Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Sevagoth Glaukus skin is still not fixed

In the PC Update 35.5 patchnote, there is this fix:

Le 27/03/2024 à 16:01, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixed Energy color not applying to the entirety of the transparent materials of Sevagoth’s Glaukus Shoulder Armor, the Gillychap Shoulder Plate, and Sevagoth Glaukus' Shadow. 

• Players may want to tweak their fashion frame to accommodate for this fix! 

DE, you still are missing a critical problem:

EVERYTHING IS TIED TO THE ENERGY COLORS ! THE EMISSIVES COLORS SETTING STILL DOES NOTHING !

I still don't understand how you can miss something so basic after 52 warframes and who know how many skins. So, a quick reminder:

• The EMISSIVE colors are for the glowing parts on the warframe. In this case all the transparent materials you "fixed".
  • The ENERGY colors are for the powers FX of the warframe, so particles, lights and all the fireworks. In this case for example, things like Shadow's trails or Gloom's fire ring.

Let me show you my Sevagoth with his default skin to make it extra clear:

q2ELmqx.jpg

5G2uP8j.jpg

In the current state of Sevagoth Glaukus skin, BOTH the transparent materials AND powers effects are tied to the energy colors setting, when the transparent materials should be customizable with the emissives colors setting instead.

Here is Sevagoth with the Glaukus skin. As you can see here, the red of the EMISSIVE colors are nowhere to be seen. The transparent parts only take the ENERGY colors:

mBFydUr.jpg

So, dear DE, can you please be more careful on what you are doing and properly fix this skin emissive and energy colors.

And while we are at it, Sevagoth's Deluxe skin still has some flagrant problems:

• Litteraly every extra elements of this skin are clipping with the main body, incuding syandanas, the belt, the chains, the auxiliary attachment and the tendrils from his right shoulder armor.
  • Shadow's Reap still has his head completely shoved inside his body when cast:

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 2

Ahh, I thought they fixed everything with this skin. I have a weird theory as to why what should be the emissive is tied to energy instead; because of the shadow. The show inherits energy colors as it lacks its own, and thats probably why its coded that way. Im at least happy that they fixed it taking no colors, but you are correct. It is confusing. 

As for the shadow's head, I am assuming this is intended, otherwise they may have to stretch the model to mimic the default's position?

Lastly, yeah. A lot of syandanas have clipping issues with this skin, but many other deluxes also share this same issue. Makes it hard to pick things for fashion a lot of the time. 

Posted (edited)
il y a 14 minutes, Beryliberries a dit :

Ahh, I thought they fixed everything with this skin. I have a weird theory as to why what should be the emissive is tied to energy instead; because of the shadow. The show inherits energy colors as it lacks its own, and thats probably why its coded that way. Im at least happy that they fixed it taking no colors, but you are correct. It is confusing. 

Here is the catch: it’s not like the Energy Colors option is really gone. It’s still there, but hidden. You can still give different energy colors to your Shadow. The roundabout way is to simply give Sevagoth the energy colors that we want on the Shadow, and then use the Copy Main Colors option on the Shadow to apply these colors to it. Same deal for Shadow’s Ephemera: we copy the wanted colors to the Shadow, then use copy again on the accessory customization menu. After that, revert Sevagoth’s energy colors as you want.

So no: Sevagoth and his Shadow customization still behave like any other warframe. Hidding the Shadow's energy colors is only a thing to give an illusion of symbiosis between the two, but at the price of our own customization freedom.

il y a 14 minutes, Beryliberries a dit :

As for the shadow's head, I am assuming this is intended, otherwise they may have to stretch the model to mimic the default's position?

It's more than likely a bug, since it's only occur with the Shadow spawned by Reap. When you are using Sevagoth's 4 to completely switch to the Shadow, his head is perfectly normal. I showcase it in my linked topic.

Edited by Yulfan

1 hour ago, Yulfan said:

Here is the catch: it’s not like the Energy Colors option is really gone. It’s still there, but hidden. You can still give different energy colors to your Shadow. The roundabout way is to simply give Sevagoth the energy colors that we want on the Shadow, and then use the Copy Main Colors option on the Shadow to apply these colors to it. Same deal for Shadow’s Ephemera: we copy the wanted colors to the Shadow, then use copy again on the accessory customization menu. After that, revert Sevagoth’s energy colors as you want.

So no: Sevagoth and his Shadow customization still behave like any other warframe. Hidding the Shadow's energy colors is only a thing to give an illusion of symbiosis between the two, but at the price of our own customization freedom.

It's more than likely a bug, since it's only occur with the Shadow spawned by Reap. When you are using Sevagoth's 4 to completely switch to the Shadow, his head is perfectly normal. I showcase it in my linked topic.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That reap bug is really weird. Also, is it just me, or is the gillychap shoulder piece still REALLY bright under the new GI lighting?

xOxkzxB.png

Edited by Beryliberries