Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

1 hour ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my tragedy can clear whole tilesets on regular content so i can see them nerfing the radius on that

My Tenno in the Void, a R3 press on the Cedo can clear regular content. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

I hope everyone has learned their lesson on these DE hype train frame releases

How quickly the Styanax debacle was forgotten 

I did learn yes I took a loooooong break for this exact reason but was told DE was different in recent years I had an itch to get back into it and lucky me a new frame is releasing ,oh snap you’re a wizard Dante , I returned at a good time oops DE hasn’t changed after all nerf him 5 days after release so I  only had fun for about 3 days with him.

55 minutes ago, PsychoGlory said:

Dante is now useless, what they did to Styanax is what they did to Dante but even worse.  Dante is now just as bad as Caliban.

Yup put him back in your closet and lock the damn door

47 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

My Tenno in the Void, a R3 press on the Cedo can clear regular content. 

This made me bust out laughing I needed that ty

• Like 3

I wonder what the DE offices are like...

The overreaction to this is even more insane than Styanax's.

At this point DE could say: "We've lowered [Frame]'s str stat by 1."

Forums & Reddit: "[Frame] is absolutely useless. Just delete it from the game."

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

it’s like they like making there communities angry for no reason. 

Put on your tinfoil hat.
Repeat after me
Anger is great for engagement.
You may now stop repeating

By hyping up, then releasing something that is OP for early content and mid for late content
First wave of engagement, people flock to check the frame out, see that it's promising, spend $$ on the plat for reactors/formas/etc (traded plat is still purchased plat).
Then collect some data.

Second wave of engagement - people that do early content are discomforted by the OP nature in early content, late content players try to explain their side. Thanks to the nature of the debate and subject matter, it's quite easily turned into more and more and more engagement on both forums and in game.
Let it fester.
Nerf by changing a few numbers around or by adding/changing a condition.
Third wave of engagement <-we are here
A barrage of "I told you so"'s and "now the thing is fine", though many actual issues are not fixed for the thing itself, or globally (such as chroma - overguard debuffteraction).
Less, but still some players spending more resources on trying to rework the something into being usable for their needs.
Let it fester.
Release a patchy fix for the something, that either brings it closer to what it was before or makes it somewhat op again.
Fourth wave - Can be repeated multiple times until the something becomes stale.

You may now cleanse your memory and remove the tinfoil hat.

I hope you have enjoyed my bit of S-posting.

• Like 2

I meaaan i did netracells and the new activity in elite mode and Dante is still very good. Everything dies. Just jump high before casting tragedy to ensure you see as many enemies as possible. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

I wonder what the DE offices are like...

The overreaction to this is even more insane than Styanax's.

At this point DE could say: "We've lowered [Frame]'s str stat by 1."

The real issues with interactions have not been fixed. The OG debacle could have been fixed for both basepath and steelpath players by changing it to scaling instead of flat generation/regen, or in multiple other ways. Instead it got a trivial nerf for basepath and brought the frame even lower in sp. The LOS could be OK, if the LOS code was not riddled to hell and back with false negatives. e.g. khora players learn to anticipate this and start getting the feel of which part of a wall/ceiling to hit to be able to hit those 3 sobs that have a 30cm (roughly 1ft) rock in front of one of their shoes. Other things may apply but I was more concerned with how they were gonna handle the OG part, since that seems to be the direction that DE wants to take wf in now.

I had faith in DE adjusting frames based on previous nerfs.
This time however I'm completely disappointed what they did to a 7day old frame with a knee jerk reaction.
I really want to trust Reb's "minor adjustment" but this isn't it, and in the context of what other frames can do... Date is an end game frame from end game content. This can't be justified.

Edited by Nokton
  • Like 3

People telling op that it's not his fault should remind themselves of the fact that DE pointed fingers towards this specific thread and that Megan responded to it. Whether it's what he wanted or not is irrelevant because A) he was wrong B) DE doesn't nerf they scrap things so knowing this, him intentionally bringing it to their attention pretty much doomed Dante. Must feel amazing basically being identified as the reason why people can't enjoy the new frame only a week after his release, Jesus Christ lad. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

People telling op that it's not his fault should remind themselves of the fact that DE pointed fingers towards this specific thread and that Megan responded to it. Whether it's what he wanted or not is irrelevant because A) he was wrong B) DE doesn't nerf they scrap things so knowing this, him intentionally bringing it to their attention pretty much doomed Dante. Must feel amazing basically being identified as the reason why people can't enjoy the new frame only a week after his release, Jesus Christ lad. 

they point to this post since it was the most popular and had the most eyes on it, not because i made this happen, if you think you can just name drop something to get nerfed and DE will listen, youre insane, and also i NEVER directly asked about a nerf in my post, if you have the time to spend on this, go reread it, i asked for OPINIONS at the end, not for nerfs dude, you're angry and thats clouding your judgement, if you believe DE will listen to one guy and nerf one frame because of a single post, make more about how you want dante to be buffed back or your frame to be buffed to Top tier, apparently if i can do it so can you. 

its not even an argument, singling out a dude for putting up his opinion in GENERAL DISCUSSION and discussing something wont make DE change their philosophy on this, and your post is basically saying anyone that says it wasnt my fault is wrong and i SHOULD be harassed? are you hearing yourself right now dude? you're actively trying to get people to start a witch hunt?

• Like 2

Just now, Xenevier said:

they point to this post since it was the most popular and had the most eyes on it, not because i made this happen, if you think you can just name drop something to get nerfed and DE will listen, youre insane, and also i NEVER directly asked about a nerf in my post, if you have the time to spend on this, go reread it, i asked for OPINIONS at the end, not for nerfs dude, you're angry and thats clouding your judgement, if you believe DE will listen to one guy and nerf one frame because of a single post, make more about how you want dante to be buffed back or your frame to be buffed to Top tier, apparently if i can do it so can you. 

its not even an argument, singling out a dude for putting up his opinion in GENERAL DISCUSSION and discussing something wont make DE change their philosophy on this, and your post is basically saying anyone that says it wasnt my fault is wrong and i SHOULD be harassed? are you hearing yourself right now dude? you're actively trying to get people to start a witch hunt?

Your inner league of legends player is showing

• Like 2

Coming back to my post that was merged and god knows where now, i talked about the vocal nerf minority controlling the forums and now i realize i was 100% right, seeing how many people coming to the forums to speak about how AWFUL the nerf situation is shows that the majority was happy so they had no reason to come to the forums at all 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Your inner league of legends player is showing

that's rich coming from a guy who's apparently active in Sona mains in reddit, i guess league players sees league players huh 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Coming back to my post that was merged and god knows where now, i talked about the vocal nerf minority controlling the forums and now i realize i was 100% right, seeing how many people coming to the forums to speak about how AWFUL the nerf situation is shows that the majority was happy so they had no reason to come to the forums at all 

This isn't "the nerfing crowd", but the average display of DE's lack of education on their own previous decisions. You'd think after the negative feedback to LoS every single time it's added, they would have considered the precedence that adding it to Dante would be in bad taste.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

that's rich coming from a guy who's apparently active in Sona mains in reddit, i guess league players sees league players huh 

I don't go around asking for nerfs in a pve game, we're not the same

maybe i should go to genshin impact reddit and ask to nerf raiden shogun cause she's too good 

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This isn't "the nerfing crowd"

We tried to warn you guys, DE doesn't nerf DE kills but all you did was complain about dante because people were having fun, i'm sure you and everyone who asked for the nerf feels a real sense of accomplishment 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I don't go around asking for nerfs in a pve game, we're not the same

maybe i should go to genshin impact reddit and ask to nerf raiden shogun cause she's too good 

stop being salty, i didnt even talk about how you're 3 times my level in league, nor did i mention genshin, chill its not like people love how xiangling is power creeping half the game but yeah we are not the same, clearly i dont go telling people to go after one dude and hate on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenevier said:

They point to this post since it was the only one. The ratio of don't nerf dante posts to dante is op posts was 10>1 here and on reddit. I didn't say you asked for a nerf, no you pointed towards him being overtuned, which you were objectively wrong about. I'm not angry lad, I just feel bad for you because this is a S#&amp;&#036;show you might have not wanted to start but goddamn are you going to take a lot of heat for.  DE listens to a handful of people all the time, the only times they listen to the majority is when the majority starts going full on doomsday. Honestly DE pointing to this thread in the first place was putting a target on you and they should have not done it, especially as they saw the multiple threads that were proactively petitioning against a Dante nerf. 

On 2024-03-28 at 12:48 AM, Xenevier said:

i get that its a PvE game and stronger options dont make others weaker, but you are ignoring the fact that even in a PvE game power creep is a thing ... and also i get that we have strong frames like you mentioned but saryn needs to build spores, mesa cant preform as well against armor, kullervo has less survivability than dante, revenant only gives 1 charge of his shield without the mesmser shield augment and needs to actively seek out allies and hit them with his 3 while dante just casts 2 and everyone gets the overguard... again theres the chance im over reacting to this whole thing

this is true and Dante needs between  200 energy to 250 energy to use his 4

3 minutes ago, DanteTheHawk said:

this is true and Dante needs between  200 energy to 250 energy to use his 4

25+25+50 to cast his 4, its 100 energy at base

4 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

says a lot about low level players in all games but WHO AM I TO JUDGE

oh no dont worry, level 150+206 on NA is low for league, and no i dont have 1000 hours on warframe

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

Oh yeah i know, your profile is basically public knowledge atm everyone looked you up

oh no thats just you mate, you're acting like a stalker, not everyone is a weirdo lmao

• Like 4

Just now, Xenevier said:

25+25+50 to cast his 4, its 100 energy at base

yeah but now we have to use 224 twice at least to get to the same it was plus no one who wants to nuke will play it without neg eff so all thats been done is make him play horrid to play..... OG is bad high levels now we have to not just cast it more but micro manage it more early on.... the LOS things pointless is 3 already had it and is needed for nuke.... so yeah energy hungry become more so  

Just now, Xenevier said:

oh no thats just you mate, you're acting like a stalker, not everyone is a weirdo lmao

will you believe me that i didn't even look it up ? a lot of people just started talking about it that i gathered a lot of info from here and there