Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Dante tweaks

While I think Dante is a very strong frame in general, I feel that he suffers quite a bit from a lack of scaling in his abilities. Notably, in his 4. The amount of paragrimms and the damage of word warden don't increase with strength which is very underwhelming and while the debuff the paragrimms apply is very powerful it feels very unreliable as with only 3 they takes ages to prime enemies before you hit them, especially in crowds.

Speaking of crowds, his 3 and by extension tragedy is a very meh nuke as it suffers from extremely long cast times and weak damage. Tragedy in particular is a cool concept that has already been explored with expedite suffering but it suffers from the fact that enemies will almost always be dead before you can cast it to take advantage of it. Coupled with the fact you have to cast the already very slow dark verse 2 times and it makes for a poor nuke.

I would love to see a few tweaks, chiefly making wordwarden scale with strength, and have pageflight paragrimm count also be increased with strength. To improve dark verse I suggest giving it a debuff of sorts such as a status duration increase against hit enemies. As for tragedy it would be much improved if it was also turned into a debuff that makes enemies auto consume DoTs with the damage multiplier it already has applied. That way it can be preemptively cast while achieving a more reliable version of what it already does now.

• Like 3

From my testing he doesn't really need scaling on his doulbe 3 and 4 combo (Tragedy). The problem right now is that it is bugged, when you are not hosting the abilitty will remove the dots but it doesn't register the stored damage and deals next to no damage.

I find it weird that there are some values that don't scale of stats at all, as you said the amount of Paragrimms and Wordwarden damage.

Could also use a custom hud which makes it easier to track buffs.

Overall a very solid and fun frame still.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, HoizPrime said:

From my testing he doesn't really need scaling on his doulbe 3 and 4 combo (Tragedy). The problem right now is that it is bugged, when you are not hosting the abilitty will remove the dots but it doesn't register the stored damage and deals next to no damage.

I find it weird that there are some values that don't scale of stats at all, as you said the amount of Paragrimms and Wordwarden damage.

While I do agree with your points about the hud, the reason I said it should have a debuff is largely because the nuke itself finds itself in a spot where you have to use it before an enemy would die from a dot so the window for use can be very small at times and winds up being overkill or ends up completely missing.

• Like 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb HoizPrime:

Yeah I noticed the client thing, at first I thought the ability was bad, but it's just bugged when not hosting 😅

Wordwarden isn't for DPS, it's for utility. It exists to have infinite tome mod uptime or additional status on every damn thing that moves, for everyone in your squad, all the time. If you build it for damage it still does respectable work, but the main thing is really just - you already have some of the most powerful support buffs in the game on call, why do you expect it to also kill everything? That and if you stack at least two invocations, you'll also just get Dante's stats through the roof. Build it like a CO primer or something and watch things get eradicated anyway.

I have legitimately never had issues with Pageflight's paragrimms. They draw almost all the aggro off me, they group up enemies into a nice cluster and that helps with their targeting.

Tragedy just had a bug that's been fixed. But... If the enemy's dying before you can nuke with it, what's the problem? Doesn't that mean you don't need it? Just keep up 100% uptime (trivially easy, especially with the Ris invocation and primed continuity+augur message, get that rizz with a nearly 90s tome buff duration) on Triumph, Wordwarden, and Pageflight, and use Tragedy if you just really, really need enemies in the same zip code to stop existing. Especially easy if you build Wordwarden to proc slash and one more DOT at the very least.

Dante has two major problems on a frankly otherwise perfect warframe: His cast speed is so atrocious it needs at least two amber shards (ideally two Tauforged) to make it feel good, and Dark Verse in general has a bizarre bug that gives it input delay after you cast it. The other side issue is that he's terrible until you at least unlock Final Verse (because of the terrible base stat on Light Verse R0, his only survivability option at rank 3), but that stops being relevant very quickly.

EDIT: I was wrong about Wordwarden. I forgot Invocations require the alt fire, and it seems a lot less reliable for proccing canticles than I first thought. It should have the base damage% buffed so it can proc canticles, and probably fire altfire waves occasionally to proc invocations, but only for you (otherwise it would be monstrously OP, giving everyone in squad infinite energy, efficiency, duration, and strength buffs).

Edited by FelisImpurrator

21 hours ago, HoizPrime said:

Aaaaah so that's why I sometimes nuke well enough for Saryn to be ashamed and sometimes don't do anything at all. I thought I'm doing something wrong but it was likely this bug all along.

On 2024-03-29 at 8:18 AM, FelisImpurrator said:

forgot Invocations require the alt fire, and it seems a lot less reliable for proccing canticles than I first thought. It

Does woodwarden require you to use noctuas alt fire to work? 

I subsumed noctua off on all 3 default builds b4 i could test.

On 2024-03-28 at 9:13 AM, LightlessIvara said:

Tragedy in particular is a cool concept that has already been explored with expedite suffering but it suffers from the fact that enemies will almost always be dead before you can cast it to take advantage of it. Coupled with the fact you have to cast the already very slow dark verse 2 times and it makes for a poor nuke.

cant agree more i played a few runs of level cap attempts has a caster frame (u know like a Wizard) and it was like 10+ casts (3 yellow shards for casting speed) to kill even trash and mid tier enemys into the run of cascade and i kept failing until i said fk range and only put 2 ranged mods for 175% range and all the str in the world using energy nexus and archon plus hound for 5 energy a second and still not able to do much enegy issues but then
the build became same has i said 2 ranged mods 5 energy a second arcane energized (R3) and on noctua xata invocation and str for another 10 energy a second and another 60% str ended with a total of 424% str and i had a build that was... able to kill high level enemys in less then 8 casts... 6 was still the number of casts needed for 3 before tragedy to kill but i got there and used noctua on top for more slash on tanky units so it was fine and fun but holy hell what a massive amount of investment it needed when i was able to use liek mesa and 2 green shards or any other frame to kill faster and easier 

but god is birds fun to have fly around... (and yes i got a bit rant-ish)

4 hours ago, Darkumineru said:

the build became same has i said 2 ranged mods 5 energy a second arcane energized (R3)

Take Xata on the Grimoire instead, better fire rate and tick application then pack Noctua with as much DoT damage as possible it will scale Tragedy better than Dark Verse. The effective nuke area is much smaller though.