Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

As an Inaros Prime main, the rework ruined the game for me.

As an Inaros main, I was surprised that he was getting a rework since there was nothing wrong with him. I had a feeling this would end terrible, and it did.

Devour was his most useful abilty, and what made the frame unique and fun to play. I enjoyed his gameplay so much I'd often sometimes into the game to do a random mission or two, just because it was fun to play him.

This rework is a horrible move and really put me off the game since my Inaros Prime was one of the things I enjoyed the most about it.

Please revert this terrible change or at least give us the option to choose between the new and the old. The new animations are okay, but everything else is a major downgrade.

Some honest feedback from an Inaros Prime main.

• Like 2

I can't agree with the opinion about Inaros, but everyone has the right to write their impressions. Especially the perception of the game is different and has a place.

• Like 3

On 2024-03-28 at 6:34 PM, Arrilena said:

Devour was his most useful abilty, and what made the frame unique and fun to play. I enjoyed his gameplay so much I'd often sometimes into the game to do a random mission or two, just because it was fun to play him.

I am thoroughly impressed; Thank you for showing me a point of view truly unique, shared by not a single soul on this planet.

• Like 5

I gave it another shot today and liked it a bit better. I'll give it a shot in some higher level missions tomorrow.

But there is no way to delete topics here, so there we go 😄

On 2024-03-28 at 10:34 AM, Arrilena said:

As an Inaros main, I was surprised that he was getting a rework since there was nothing wrong with him. I had a feeling this would end terrible, and it did.

This rework is a horrible move and really put me off the game since my Inaros Prime was one of the things I enjoyed the most about it.

Please revert this terrible change or at least give us the option to choose between the new and the old. The new animations are okay, but everything else is a major downgrade.

Some honest feedback from an Inaros Prime main.

Explain why devour is good because it make no sense whatsoever, like your literally thete sucking the life out of an enemy while also not killing them and healing yourself. 

Devour isn't the problem and it was good because yes it made sand copies but it also held enemies in place to scan them for simarus and it gives a open free heal to any ally the only difference to a partner finishing devour and inaros doing so is no sand duplicate 

Devour has two solid advantages over the new version of Sandstorm:
1.) Superior team play, where you could start devouring an enemy and then leave it for a low health ally to consume, I used this semi-frequently when helping newer players as a discount well of life/dispensary
2.) Cheesing relays, because once you start the devouring process the enemy is stuck there. If you could get into melee range and land devour that was it, you won the relay fight.

The second one was kind of egregious but I actually enjoyed the first benefit and I would love to see an Inaros augment that restores that team healing capability, maybe on Dessication where by holding it you can turn enemies not immune to CCs into little health packs for teammates, or make Scarab Swarm heal allies while damaging enemies