Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your forums are dying

(XBOX)K1jker

I don't know about others but I constantly have problems with getting logged out, which is annoying. But more often than not, I'm refused to log back in as well.

This time it was the bug where it thinks I'm a new account that needs to be set up, but previous times it would just not update the page and keep me logged out.

Isn't it about time you bring this up with the forum owner? It's getting really tedious and tiresome. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

have problems with getting logged out

Is there a reason you want to log out? Does someone else use your computer/console?

PS: I fail to see how the thread title has anything to do with your problem.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

I don't know about others but I constantly have problems with getting logged out, which is annoying. But more often than not, I'm refused to log back in as well.

This time it was the bug where it thinks I'm a new account that needs to be set up, but previous times it would just not update the page and keep me logged out.

Isn't it about time you bring this up with the forum owner? It's getting really tedious and tiresome. 

The forums are not dying lol, but I agree with this. Its so annyoing when you click "remember me" and 2 days later youre suddenly logged out for no reason and have to login all over again. Also Im pretty sure they own their own forums so they can directly work on fixing it. And if someone is looking for the specific bug, my opinion is that its all about the "remember me" button not working at all. I get the same experience when I dont click it anyway.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Is there a reason you want to log out?

OP means the forums keep logging you out for no reason. Has been happening to me as well since... 2020 I think? A few logouts every week.

What's even worse, lately it started forcing me to enter captcha from time to time. No matter if I do it right, it still says captcha failed. Other times I get lucky and get no captcha. Logging into forums became a lottery.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Xaero said:

OP means the forums keep logging you out for no reason. Has been happening to me as well since... 2020 I think? A few logouts every week.

What's even worse, lately it started forcing me to enter captcha from time to time. No matter if I so it right, it still says captcha failed. Other times I get lucky and get no captcha. Logging into forums became a lottery.

ROFLMAO, you got some extra treatment it seems. RIP.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zakkhar:

Is there a reason you want to log out? Does someone else use your computer/console?

PS: I fail to see how the thread title has anything to do with your problem.

Like someone said, it automatically logs me out for a long while now, while previously I stayed logged in for literal years. It's annoying. Plus it bugs out and doesn't allow me to login again, either with the new account bug or just refusing to log me in. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MaxTunnerX:

The forums are not dying lol, but I agree with this. Its so annyoing when you click "remember me" and 2 days later youre suddenly logged out for no reason and have to login all over again. Also Im pretty sure they own their own forums so they can directly work on fixing it. And if someone is looking for the specific bug, my opinion is that its all about the "remember me" button not working at all. I get the same experience when I dont click it anyway.

On console login there is no remember me, it automatically used to keep you logged in for years until you log out manually (that's how it also works on Xbox.com ). That's not the case anymore and it logs me out up to multiple times per week. 

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

On console login there is no remember me, it automatically used to keep you logged in for years until you log out manually (that's how it also works on Xbox.com ). That's not the case anymore and it logs me out up to multiple times per week. 

Oh, I see. Welcome to the real world, Neo. Now were all on the same boat.

• Like 2

I've been having forum problems for months now; I definitely know what OP is talking about. Right now I'm able to access the forum on my computer but not my phone. I'm getting that endless loop of showing I'm signed in while telling me I need to be signed in or it pops open the page asking me to complete my registration. Support takes weeks to respond, 2 seconds to reset it for me, then a day or maybe a week later I go through the whole stupid process again. It's absolutely insanity-inducing. I suspected it was due to their implementation of cross-save, somewhat confirmed by support telling me the problem is on their end, not mine. Seems to me they have no intention of fixing it, so if you don't want to join the cross-save parade... you're just SOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:
3 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

The forums are not dying lol

Because it's already (almost) death?

3 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Also Im pretty sure they own their own forums so they can directly work on fixing it.

They own forum but they don't own software that this forum is using. I'm pretty sure that they CANNOT fix it even they could (e.g. some programmer know how to change code).

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
2 hours ago, Xaero said:

No matter if I so it right, it still says captcha failed.

This bug occurs only on certain browsers.

Anymore info? Because:

36 minutes ago, DOGGOWoo said:

Using Firefox and haven't had this happen. Perhaps it's some browser specific setting that keeps clearing site data?

and yet I was using Firefox and it still logs me out. I was using FF on win 8.1 (no new feature, just security fixes I think) and now I'm on w11 and it's till the same. I'm using 'no script' addon that blocks executing certain scripts. I allow using:

-wf.com

-g.static.com

- invisionic.com

'recaptcha.com' is not allowed but forum.warframe.com doesn't ask for it. Only main site. It needs for login.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn:

It's absolutely insanity-inducing. 

That's precisely why I made this topic.. the forums aren't fun to navigate this way.

And that constant light mode flash.. ugh! 

The registration part always scares the hell out of me because I don't want to accidentally reset my account, or whatever could happen if I engage with it. 

All in all it's just frustrating. I tried multiple browsers and they're all the same for me. 

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

The registration part always scares the hell out of me because I don't want to accidentally reset my account, or whatever could happen if I engage with it.

It won't do ya any good anyhow. It'll just give you a message that the account is already taken -- which may or may not cause you to yell at the screen "well of course it is... it's taken by me, it's my flippin' account you stupid bot!"

Edited by (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn
  • Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn:

It won't do ya any good anyhow. It'll just give you a message that the account is already taken -- which may or may not cause you to yell at the screen "well of course it is... it's taken by me, it's my flippin' account you stupid bot!"

Oh ok 😅 I still won't engage with it 😂 I don't trust the forums

"Remember me" requires Cookies. If you have declined Cookies or your browser clears them when closed - that is why you keep logging out. Some AdBlockers also clean-up cookies - so just checking your browser's settings might not be sufficient to prevent them from being deleted. 

Posted (edited)
vor 21 Stunden schrieb 3mptylord:

"Remember me" requires Cookies. If you have declined Cookies or your browser clears them when closed - that is why you keep logging out. Some AdBlockers also clean-up cookies - so just checking your browser's settings might not be sufficient to prevent them from being deleted. 

I'm not sure if that's the case, I tried multiple browsers and even bare bone, non add ons ones that have everything allowed and still got logged out. 

It's also important to mention that this forum is the only website that logs me out. Every other website is fine, and the forums were too. Was logged in for years without issues. Even the Warframe main page warframe.com doesn't log me out.

But here we are.. and I'm not alone, and there's already been talk about it outside feedback:

It's not security, it's a pain 😭 and trying to log back in causes issues as well, like the create account thing, or no response from the page entirely. 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
Wording

Just now I needed to log out and back in on the main warframe.com page. That still said I was logged in, but the forum "log in" was taking me to the main page instead of the forum login page.

• Like 1