The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overguard and arcane avenger

Why do people keep saying it can't be procced while you have overguard?
Its like one of the biggest complaints I've seen about having dante in teams and its not even correct.

Just look at the wiki.... OR actually try it before lying

• Like 3

Yes, they patched it and they technically made it able to proc even through overguard. Although the biggest issue is that the main reliable strategy is to use it in combination of the aura Combat discipline which deals 15 damage on kill directly to your health. That way you don't risk taking huge hits from enemies to trigger the arcane. And this doesn't work anymore when overguard is active.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Yes, they patched it and they technically made it able to proc even through overguard. Although the biggest issue is that the main reliable strategy is to use it in combination of the aura Combat discipline which deals 15 damage on kill directly to your health. That way you don't risk taking huge hits from enemies to trigger the arcane. And this doesn't work anymore when overguard is active.

Again.. more misinformation... go ahead and actually try it.

I just did it and it worked perfectly fine... go figure

Edited by Kosynth
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Combat Discipline's hp loss to Overguard can proc Avenger.  What's odd about the aura is that it takes that hp from OG in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Kosynth said:

Again.. more misinformation... go ahead and actually try it.

I just did it and it worked perfectly fine... go figure

Hey can you try to be a little respectful?

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Combat Discipline's hp loss to Overguard can proc Avenger.  What's odd about the aura is that it takes that hp from OG in the first place.

That's nice that it got patched too, I didn't realize that aspect worked now, that's good for this one at least. That's my bad on that.

Although critiques towards Overguard still have fundations. To this day, it negates all warframes that require to take damage on shield or health like Chroma or any Rage mod user. And looking at the feedback you can see many that expected Chroma's new augment to help save him. And then realized it's still the same story, negated by your allies applying overguard anyways. And stuff like Trinity's Champion's blessing is also negated because you can't heal anymore. Getting damage directly on your health with combat discipline to trigger Archon intensify with a self healing warframe is also negated.

• Like 1

There's also other arcanes that proc on damage to health as well and really only shieldless frames can benefit from those since they were made before shield gating.  I think damage to overguard always procced avenger.  It did not have an on health requirement.  It was also an issue proccing equilibrium when you couldn't pick up health orbs on full HP and relied on combat discipline to damage your HP, but that's been fixed.