Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

35.5.3 changes to Dante

29 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

They are improving LoS on his ability. He is still very strong. 

No, he’s not, and you know that. Tragedy was meant to be used after priming enemies with Dark Verses, Pageflight and weapons. You would strategically prime groups of enemies and finish them all off with one “FINAL Verse” (irony of the name). Now you can’t do it. By the time you finished priming them, they are already out of your stupid LoS. Playing Dante now means to mindlessly chase down enemies spamming 3/3/4 ad inifinitun, and pray you’ll hit them. It’s time and energy consuming. Dante can do better with a solid weapon than with an unreliable spell. What a great wizard he is.

Edited by Digital_Malz
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

LOS is completely ruined him

LOS ruins more than just him it ruins most frames with it thats because its a crapy mechanic that can literally be blocked by everything even your own frame and you need your fov to be maxed to even have any real viability 

Yet they keep pushing it onto frames thinking everyone will like it if we keep puting it on everything 

NO IT MAKES US HATE IT MORE 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

no.

people really want Dante to be the strongest frame in the game and make tons of the roster irrelevant with pure aoe and a ton of overguard.

No.

People are tired of mediocre frames dominating the meta because their only “super power” is survivability.

Maybe people want other frames to be as good as Dante was, instead of having Dante as useless as the rest. Sorry, Ember.

And sorry, if you think Dante was OP just because he “nuked Hydron”, that’s the reason why we will never have good endgame.

31 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

They are improving LoS on his ability. He is still very strong. 

NOPE he is far from strong when he has trouble going past 500 on sp 

And LOS is a crap mechanic that has way to many bugs, flaws, and downsides yet they keep pushing it onto frames thinking if they do it enough then everyone will like it yet no one dose

not even you do yet you defend them on everything even when they mess up bad like they've been doing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

no.

people really want Dante to be the strongest frame in the game and make tons of the roster irrelevant with pure aoe and a ton of overguard.

Im ganna say yes I approve of removing LOS from Dante 

So just like sayran (who can clear multiple rooms in a press of a button when Dante needs to prime enemies use dark verse and then tragedy and can usually only clear one room at a time) and the other Overpowered frames they refuse to balance 

Dante was purfect when he first came out yet they touched him and whenever de touchs somthing they always break it 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Im ganna say yes I approve of removing LOS from Dante 

So just like sayran (who can clear multiple rooms in a press of a button when Dante needs to prime enemies use dark verse and then tragedy and can usually only clear one room at a time) and the other Overpowered frames they refuse to balance 

Dante was purfect when he first came out yet they touched him and whenever de touchs somthing they always break it 

Saryn cant effortlessly generate overguard for the entire squad making everyone status and knockdown immune.

Saryn's aoe is also designed to ramp up out of control and then reset when you run out of enemies.

Saryn cannot subsume weapon damage buffs because she already has one.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

NOPE he is far from strong when he has trouble going past 500 on sp 

And LOS is a crap mechanic that has way to many bugs, flaws, and downsides yet they keep pushing it onto frames thinking if they do it enough then everyone will like it yet no one dose

not even you do yet you defend them on everything even when they mess up bad like they've been doing

you can easily go past 500 in SP with any frame.

13 minutes ago, Digital_Malz said:

No.

People are tired of mediocre frames dominating the meta because their only “super power” is survivability.

Maybe people want other frames to be as good as Dante was, instead of having Dante as useless as the rest. Sorry, Ember.

And sorry, if you think Dante was OP just because he “nuked Hydron”, that’s the reason why we will never have good endgame.

Saying "medicore frames" and "Dominating the meta" in reference to the same frames is an oxymoron
Dante is OP because overgaurd is one of the most broken systems in the game. Him having solid aoe damage on top of that is the issue.
Most frames are only able to provide raw eHP, or status immunity, or knockdown immunity. Not all 3 to the entire squad at the same time. 
You can even just use a spectre to do it for you.

Loki can provide people with complete immunity, but at max it only lasts for about 20-30 seconds and you have to constantly recast it on allies. Loki also can't really do any aoe damage without subsuming.

1 hour ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Saying "medicore frames" and "Dominating the meta" in reference to the same frames is an oxymoron
Dante is OP because overgaurd is one of the most broken systems in the game. Him having solid aoe damage on top of that is the issue.
Most frames are only able to provide raw eHP, or status immunity, or knockdown immunity. Not all 3 to the entire squad at the same time. 
You can even just use a spectre to do it for you.

Loki can provide people with complete immunity, but at max it only lasts for about 20-30 seconds and you have to constantly recast it on allies. Loki also can't really do any aoe damage without subsuming.

Dante’s OG didn’t last that much in Steel Path. If you play SP, you know that.

And, in fact, if you had read the feedback given by the community, you’d see that nerfing OG was never the problem (most players agreed it had to be tweaked). If you had read, you’d see the problem lies on LoS, a totally flawed mechanic that does not work with Tragedy.

It’s clear that you either don’t know SP, or Dante, or your just sided with DE to try damage control after this stupid nerf… or both.

2 hours ago, Digital_Malz said:
2 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

no.

No.

Wait, just normal Hydron not SP?  Not even full potential build (~200 strength afair) and you can just spam 334, afair. I remember Netracell levels were easy with him. And I had just base Stretch range (45?).

Not sure about his full potential before nerfs but simple builds still rocked.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

LOS ruins more than just him it ruins most frames with it thats because its a crapy mechanic that can literally be blocked by everything even your own frame and you need your fov to be maxed to even have any real viability 

Yet they keep pushing it onto frames thinking everyone will like it if we keep puting it on everything 

It really undermines the intelligence factor. Like it makes them look stupid and unprofessional to try and force something to work when it's not working just give up 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

So...
Pillage sucks?
Terrify sucks?
Khora sucks?
Octavia sucks?
Styanax sucks?
Gyre sucks?
Protea sucks?
Mesa sucks?
Nearly all guns in the entire game suck?

According to your logic, all these frames and abilities are trash. Good logic...

1 hour ago, Digital_Malz said:

Dante’s OG didn’t last that much in Steel Path. If you play SP, you know that.

And, in fact, if you had read the feedback given by the community, you’d see that nerfing OG was never the problem (most players agreed it had to be tweaked). If you had read, you’d see the problem lies on LoS, a totally flawed mechanic that does not work with Tragedy.

It’s clear that you either don’t know SP, or Dante, or your just sided with DE to try damage control after this stupid nerf… or both.

It does exactly what it needs to do in SP
It doesn't even really matter if you can tank multiple hits.
The only real threat in SP are Eximus, getting knocked down, and DoTs
The fact that you can run around a corner and be completely unaffected by bumping into an eximus and just react and kill them without PSF or Unairu Poise, or rolling guard because of Overguard is what makes it strong.

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

So...
Pillage sucks?
Terrify sucks?
Khora sucks?
Octavia sucks?
Styanax sucks?
Gyre sucks?
Protea sucks?
Mesa sucks?
Nearly all guns in the entire game suck?

According to your logic, all these frames and abilities are trash. Good logic...

I did not say there trash no I sead that LOS is trash on them and just in general its a horrible mechanic with more flaws than benefits 

And according to your logic no one is aloud to have an opinion without you saying or puting words in other people's mouths to further your own agenda of this frame is good now when he definitely is not 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I did not say there trash no I sead that LOS is trash on them and just in general its a horrible mechanic with more flaws than benefits 

And according to your logic no one is aloud to have an opinion without you saying or puting words in other people's mouths to further your own agenda of this frame is good now when he definitely is not 

You said LoS ruins most frames that have LoS.

The vast majority of WF statistics would beg to differ. LoS hasn't been that much of an issue until now when everyone has jumped on the bandwagon for no good reason.

Also... you wanna claim Dante isn't good. Explain this:

Spoiler

Squad with, in order, Dante, Octavia and Mag. Hotfix 35.5.3

pRCRD9R.png

Claiming a frame is not good, when you have 0 proof and are just parroting others, isn't a great way to make your case.

6 hours ago, NemiTheNem said:

I wonder if the comunity would have been less angry if we hadn't sunk so many forma into him. He came out, forma, he has an exalted weapon, more forma. Double affinity so we can use forma more quickly....

It sets a super bad precedent for the future and is why I'm not going to continue playing personally. It's going to hurt sales, it's going to hurt future frame releases, and it's going to hurt the overall playerbase. It's not the first time but Dante being my favorite frame with a perfect release was the straw that broke it all. It's entirely possible we may even get situations now where people dont use the 50plat to rush because they have no idea if DE is just going to nuke it into the ground.

Anyone excited about Jade should be super reserved and careful going into her release because what happened to Dante is a real tragedy one might say.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

What difficulty are you on regular or SP 

What level were the enemies 

Who was who I dont see who was which frame you could be saying there in order but using a different frame 

50 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

You said LoS ruins most frames that have LoS.

The vast majority of WF statistics would beg to differ. LoS hasn't been that much of an issue until now when everyone has jumped on the bandwagon for no good reason.

Hide contents

Squad with, in order, Dante, Octavia and Mag. Hotfix 35.5.3

pRCRD9R.png

Claiming a frame is not good, when you have 0 proof and are just parroting others, isn't a great way to make your case.

The damage has never been the issue it's the gameplay and how the warframe feels. Many people here have even been willing to dump the base damage on Tragedy just to get LoS removed. Of course Dante performs well in terms of damage output, that's never been the issue. The issue is that it doesn't feel as good as it did on launch because of bad balancing choice.

When people here are talking about Dante being bad. They're talking about it feeling bad to play Dante. They're talking about how 1/4 of his kit has serious inconsistencies that negatively impact their experience playing the game, and ultimately incentivizes them to either twist Dante into a noctua only build, or leave the frame entirely as MR fodders because there are many frames that can do what he does better, faster, and with less investment.

The real truth is that there shouldnt be any sacrifice to dante's range nor damage to get his LoS back, because it was never a problem in the first place. I don't know who got inside DE's head about Dante being a problem but all the issues that they keep bringing up related to Dante are either present in several other frames (AOE nuke), or outside mechanics like overguard and LoS that Dante brought to light, but are not him inherently causing the problems. But here we are, and the frame's overall fluidity and gameplay feeling have been cripple because of it. It could be the most damaging frame in the game but I bet you if this LoS issue doesn't get fixed he'll be sitting in the grave alongside that Octavia statistic.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

It does exactly what it needs to do in SP
It doesn't even really matter if you can tank multiple hits.
The only real threat in SP are Eximus, getting knocked down, and DoTs
The fact that you can run around a corner and be completely unaffected by bumping into an eximus and just react and kill them without PSF or Unairu Poise, or rolling guard because of Overguard is what makes it strong.

See? You insist on a topic that hasn’t been the focus of all the discussion around the nerf of Dante. Maybe because it’s part of your strategy diverting attention to a matter that, as I’ve said before, most players agreed that could receive a tweak.

The real problem, the one that is responsible for hundreds of pages in this forum is how useless Dante has become with the introduction of LoS to Tragedy.

it seems DE pays good.

• Like 2

@OnestarMike 

The more I think about Dante, theory craft, etc, the more I realize how Much Damage he could do with the right set-up and/or right teammates.

We're gamers. We exploit. We break things. And in Warframe efficiency is king. Dante came out ready to crack everything wide open because DE didn't think about that anymore than they thought about what a strict LoS would feel like.

Essentially for normal play he was strong, but for high level play it's...

Yeah. The game could have been cracked wide open.

So he needed/needs a nerf. But DE screwed the pooch, so even if the new LoS worked perfectly it might not feel that way, we'd be hyper aware of misses and cry bullS#&$.

To that end removing base damage won't be enough for DE. They would need to reduce his range, or his multiplier.

You know, all this sleepy babble was to get to this point: I do not like having to build for Noctua.

Noctua has a really cool utility special ability and you [b]can't #*!%ing use it[/b] if you're building for Noctua. It has to be all the damage to make it work. Maybe you could squeeze a tome mod on. So what? You can do that to the grimoire and more easily at that.

...ot's just as well, in it's current state can you really Tragedy to detonate tome mod marked enemies? You know, what dante was practically designed to do with his innate homing multishot? And with pageflight, if it can also mark with tome mods.

At this point I would like to congratulate the devs for such amazing buffs on Dante he is so amazing now that apparently he becomes invisible too ? Cause in all honesty I have been playing for over 7 hours and I haven't seen a single Dante wich is freaking amazing considering he is the newest frame 😂 so either he now becomes invisible or  you messed up that frame so badly no one wants to play him in high lvl missions anymore ironically the place is filled with saryn player tho ow and what a surprise none of the chroma,kulervo,inaros or nidus mains are seen either huh weird don't you think?🤔 it's almost like no one cared for those frames to begin with other than a minority wich you listened too and now that minority too went back to mesa,revenant,octavia and saryn ironic isn't it? 

Fyi: this entire thing was ironic don't come for my head 🤣 Dante is still trash and the 2-3 Dante players you might see are just trying the frame to see if the buffs worked wich they didn't the devs can just keep ignoring the comunity and just listen to their butt licker fangirls that keep idolizing them that always works great in the long run I assure you 

Correction I finally saw one almost like seeing a unicorn wow 

Edited by MATHIELPRIME
  • Like 4

Iv seen so many people sit there and ask for LOS to be removed eather from Dante (which i support) or other frames (which on surtent frames i support) and there has yet to be any acknowledgement from the devs or any posts stating any about LOS They seem to be extremely deff to there comunity and what they want with over 100+ pages and 1000+ comments id say our voice is clear we want LOD removed from Dante and eather his range dimed to maby 25 to 20 or the base damage removed 

LOS is a horrible mechanic that shouldn't be pushed onto us 

• Like 1