The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile picture not changing in warframe forums

lovelyeve

Question

I've looked at similar issues posted in the past but none of them seem to have a definitive solution. I've tried changing my glyph in-game multiple times and adding a custom image to my "About Me" on the forum profile and relogging without any results. Any suggestions?

11 answers to this question

The glyphs have to be manually uploaded to the forum by someone at DE for them synch with your ingame one.

If they haven't done that, you will keep your old one.

Try changing to another glyph you'd also be fine having on the forums and log out and login again.

Edited by 16Bitman
typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lovelyeve said:

I've looked at similar issues posted in the past but none of them seem to have a definitive solution. I've tried changing my glyph in-game multiple times and adding a custom image to my "About Me" on the forum profile and relogging without any results. Any suggestions?

Click ESC - PROFILE - GLYPH on your Orbiter choose GLYPH, log out of Warframe.com or the forums and log back in, be aware some Glyphs don't show for some reason.

What Glyph is it, I should have it and I'll test it.

Edit: They update as soon as you do it, I've never had a problem doing it.

Edited by Slayer-.

12 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Profile pictures on the forum only update once in a while. There is nothing you can do about it.

11 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

The glyphs have to be manually uploaded to the forum by someone at DE for them synch with your ingame one.

If they haven't done that, you will keep your old one.

Try changing to another glyph you'd also be fine having on the forums and log out and login again.

Once you have changed your glyph in game, you only need to re-log onto the website, your previous glyph is simply kept in the cache.

53 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Once you have changed your glyph in game, you only need to re-log onto the website, your previous glyph is simply kept in the cache.

I relogged 3 times recently and changed my glyph twice already and it's still the same on the forums. It used to refresh more easily, but lately it's just a lot longer and I'm convinced you can't do anything about it. It just looks like there is a global update every now and then.

PS: on the website outside of the forums it's updated, just the forum doesn't update.

Edited by Rathalio
  • Like 2

Yeah I changed it last week to the new Mother glyph and would love to have it change here but alas. I hope it changes eventually. It's very lame that I get to have the benefit of having it at every place except the forums. I hope it happens before I end up changing the glyph again. 

To @lovelyeve,

In game and warframe.com are updated as soon as you log out/ log in (with a Ctrl-F5 for refreshing).

Forums.warframe may need to wait a batch (maibe daily or weekly).

I've just change mine and will see how much time it take ^^

Edit 1 : No batch at DAY+1...
Edit 2 : No batch at DAY+6...

EDIT 3 : UPDATE TODAY, 08 July AFTER 4 MONTHS (16 relogs, >16 weeks, > 120 DAYS)

Edited by RLanzinger
adding infos

On 2024-04-08 at 9:08 AM, lovelyeve said:

log out of forums
log back into forums
glyph is updated

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-08 at 10:17 AM, Rathalio said:

Profile pictures on the forum only update once in a while. There is nothing you can do about it.

I've definitely tried logging out and back in more than a few times now, this seems like the prevailing wisdom here, thanks!

Edited by lovelyeve
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-09 at 12:18 AM, Slayer-. said:

Click ESC - PROFILE - GLYPH on your Orbiter choose GLYPH, log out of Warframe.com or the forums and log back in, be aware some Glyphs don't show for some reason.

What Glyph is it, I should have it and I'll test it.

Edit: They update as soon as you do it, I've never had a problem doing it.

20 hours ago, lovelyeve said:

I've definitely tried logging out and back in more than a few times now, this seems like the prevailing wisdom here, thanks!

It could be the Glyph as well some just don't work, have you tried another one that you have that matches someone on the forums so then you know it will work?

On 2024-04-08 at 4:08 PM, lovelyeve said:

On 2024-04-08 at 10:19 PM, RLanzinger said:

To @lovelyeve,

In game and warframe.com are updated as soon as you log out/ log in (with a Ctrl-F5 for refreshing).

Forums.warframe may need to wait a batch (maibe daily or weekly).

I've just change mine and will see how much time it take ^^

Edit 1 : No batch at DAY+1...
Edit 2 : No batch at DAY+6...

EDIT 3 : UPDATE TODAY, 08 July AFTER 4 MONTHS (16 relogs, >16 weeks, > 120 DAYS)