Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furis/Incarnon excessive screen shake

Chief-Senpai

Does anyone have a lot of recoil/screen shake with the furis incarnon mode? Please tell me it's a big and not a feature. I can't use it without feeling sick. Yes, I turned off screen shake and hud motion. I also took fire rate mods off and still the same. 

Edit: So I mitigated this by putting Steady Hands (-60 recoil). It fixes the screen shake by a little but it's still noticeable in the simulacrum. When I was doing a SP survival, I didn't really notice it. I know it's still there but it's less noticeable. ---Video for example ⬇⬇

Edited by Chief-Senpai
  • Like 2

This looks exactly like what happens with the Catabolyst.  It's been like that since day one.  I have screen shake turned off because wobbly screens will give me motion sickness that will put me in bed within minutes.  It does it anyway.  I informed them about it, and because most do not have this physical problem it was ignored by everyone.  I never grabbed this incarnon because the idea of using a single Furis doesn't sound appealing, and I'm glad that you've shown me that it's just as stupid and ignores accessibility settings just as much as the Catabolyst, so I won't have to waste my time on it.

I have screen shake off, so I never noticed.

Edit: Wait, you saying it still shakes even with screen shake off for you?

Edit#2: I know for me Furis in both forms doesn't shake with screen shake off. Also I recently built Catabolyst & haven't had any screen shake with it. So maybe it's just a pc WF issue.

Edited by (XBOX)x Deathcraft x
  • Like 1

With Deadhead and Steady Hands, and just over +180% RoF I can't detect any screenshake at all. (I'm not very sensitive to it though.) So if you like the weapon you could try  adding Deadhead. 

Also, I'm running WF at 60 FPS.  If you run it higher than that, @aivastus found that there was a strong correlation between screenshake and max FPS, at least in the case of the Phantasma. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

With Deadhead and Steady Hands, and just over +180% RoF I can't detect any screenshake at all. (I'm not very sensitive to it though.) So if you like the weapon you could try  adding Deadhead. 

Also, I'm running WF at 60 FPS.  If you run it higher than that, @aivastus found that there was a strong correlation between screenshake and max FPS, at least in the case of the Phantasma. 

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to set my fps down (@400+ in the simulacrum and 200-400 in missions max) a little and just use deadhead with steady hands. Kind of a shame that this is a issue that no one really talks about. I asked around and it looked like it was just me. 

14 hours ago, Chief-Senpai said:

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to set my fps down (@400+ in the simulacrum and 200-400 in missions max) a little and just use deadhead with steady hands. Kind of a shame that this is a issue that no one really talks about. I asked around and it looked like it was just me. 

Deadhead + Steady Hands should fix it altogether, but it means you are missing out on Cascadia Flare. 

Traditionally, issues like this get buried in WF. I avoid vocally selling WF to my friends, because it would be awkward having to explain how the game won't be matching their expectations of the quality standard other games have. Other examples:

• Sensitivity-slider is functionally a console-port with no decimals, not up to modern gaming mice utilizing 800/1600/3200 dpi.
  • Custom key binds can prevent quest progress (thanks to Kahl).
  • Each weapon can't be bound to 12345 etc. in a normal fashion.
  • Crosshair-shape has barely any customization & you need to change the "enemy" map-icon color simply to have basic crosshair that doesn't shift between colors.

Etc, the list goes on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, aivastus said:

Deadhead + Steady Hands should fix it altogether, but it means you are missing out on Cascadia Flare. 

Traditionally, issues like this get buried in WF. I avoid vocally selling WF to my friends, because it would be awkward having to explain how the game won't be matching their expectations of the quality standard other games have. Other examples:

• Sensitivity-slider is functionally a console-port with no decimals, not up to modern gaming mice utilizing 800/1600/3200 dpi.
  • Custom key binds can prevent quest progress (thanks to Kahl).
  • Each weapon can't be bound to 12345 etc. in a normal fashion.
  • Crosshair-shape has barely any customization & you need to change the "enemy" map-icon color simply to have basic crosshair that doesn't shift between colors.

Etc, the list goes on.

yeah, I uninstalled this game like 5 times xD. I keep coming back because I spent a lot and I mean a lot of money on cosmetics and the prime access. It would be a shame to stop after putting all that money into a game (why did I do that? 17 yr old me was stupid). It's disappointing that I can't use Cascadia Flare. Deadhead is still nice and all but getting headshots without dying in SP ( skill issue ) with a squishy frame doesn't sound too nice and I don't feel like bullet jumping or switching to operator that often. Just wanna chill. 

Edited by Chief-Senpai
  • Like 1

They have a bad trend of putting large degrees of screen shake on certain weapons, the vermisplicer primary (at least on release, they might have turned it down idk) had so much shake it genuinely gave me a headache,

some weapons I know that have this are, angstrum incarnon (its good but not worth my physical health), aforementioned vermisplicers, phantasma, possibly the glaxion but idk, and undoubtably more,

I understand the shake is there to give a sense of feedback to an otherwise recoiless weapon but this just ain't it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rian17 said:

They have a bad trend of putting large degrees of screen shake on certain weapons, the vermisplicer primary (at least on release, they might have turned it down idk) had so much shake it genuinely gave me a headache,

some weapons I know that have this are, angstrum incarnon (its good but not worth my physical health), aforementioned vermisplicers, phantasma, possibly the glaxion but idk, and undoubtably more,

I understand the shake is there to give a sense of feedback to an otherwise recoiless weapon but this just ain't it

Yeah the phantasma and vermisplicer were good for me. The vermisplicer primary just isn't good.  The furis/incarnon modes are just a headache to use without a recoil mod and that's one less damage mod. Hits like a truck when it works.

Am 10.4.2024 um 10:13 schrieb (XBOX)x Deathcraft x:

I have screen shake off, so I never noticed.

Edit: Wait, you saying it still shakes even with screen shake off for you?

Edit#2: I know for me Furis in both forms doesn't shake with screen shake off. Also I recently built Catabolyst & haven't had any screen shake with it. So maybe it's just a pc WF issue.

where is this option "screen shake"? cant find it on pc