Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration, DC, Rejoin Squad - It's gotten so bad.

Xzorn

Since I've come back from a 5 year break seems I'm lucky to get the reconnect option 25% of the time and that's not counting it failing to do so.

If you're going to make missions like Circuit and Deep Archimedea. Might want to get your cross play, mid-save and client crash stuff worked out.

We used to do long runs all the time, reconnecting was a solid 90% chance when I left. Long missions were fine as result.

DE has entirely ruined any sense of connection seftey in missions and it really needs some work.

27 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

We used to do long runs all the time,

well you now adays run risk of getting a temp trade ban for awhile if you do too well in endurance runs as DE auto flags you as possibly cheating.

28 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

'm lucky to get the reconnect option 25% of the time

its issue of can 1 of the remaining players handle the connection to the other 2 players an if not you get either booted out or tossed into solo mode.

14 minutes ago, ShavoPrime said:

well you now adays run risk of getting a temp trade ban for awhile if you do too well in endurance runs as DE auto flags you as possibly cheating.

its issue of can 1 of the remaining players handle the connection to the other 2 players an if not you get either booted out or tossed into solo mode.

Never heard of that. Then again I have Youtube videos of my old runs. Even people who exploited on Leaderboards never got banned for it.
They just got their entry removed.

The reconnect option doesn't even show up for Circuit or Archimedea. I'm not even sure it's an option because I've never seen it.
Failing to reconnect when you do get the option is a result of the other player's rig/connection and now crossplay complications.

16 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Got a feeling most of this is due to being paired with someone hosting on an IOS…

It's generally cross play coding problems. You've probably seen some. Ending up in someone's dojo or the relay. Disconnects before even starting the mission. The most recent event always spawning back in labs. Obviously lower end systems can't handle stressful missions. I can show you a video of PS4 at 8 hours running at 10 FPS.

Still the coding crossplay is the primary culprit I think. Like, why can't we try to reconnect more than once? It's coded that way.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Never heard of that. Then again I have Youtube videos of my old runs. Even people who exploited on Leaderboards never got banned for it.
They just got their entry removed.

Yea, this is true

If you do a survival (or endless) long enough, you run the risk of getting a ban

Sometimes it’s an afk ban, and sometimes it’s banned due to hacking (I’ve seen someone report that in the forums). Apparently the system finds it suspicious how long you’re playing the game. 

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Still the coding crossplay is the primary culprit I think. Like, why can't we try to reconnect more than once? It's coded that way.

Agreed, also I think you should move this to the “cross save bugs” subforums. Not sure if that still exists… pretty sure it does. If it doesn’t then you can just post it under general bugs subforum. 

Am 10.4.2024 um 23:58 schrieb Xzorn:

Since I've come back from a 5 year break seems I'm lucky to get the reconnect option 25% of the time and that's not counting it failing to do so.

If you're going to make missions like Circuit and Deep Archimedea. Might want to get your cross play, mid-save and client crash stuff worked out.

We used to do long runs all the time, reconnecting was a solid 90% chance when I left. Long missions were fine as result.

DE has entirely ruined any sense of connection seftey in missions and it really needs some work.

Oh well. if they wanted or could, they would have fixed it long ago. There are many primitive solutions.

so it will probably never get better. I have long since come to terms with it.

Crossplay sacrificed connection/performance for most of the PC playerbase to the altar of trendiness, and this is the result.

We kinda said this would happen, and they assured this wouldn't. But hey, at least you can host warframe on a 4 inch touchscreen from 9 years ago.

• Like 1