Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Creating a new era of health usage: building uppon the rage/hunter adrenaline changes

The recent changes to the two mods have been a much welcomed addition to the game, as overguard was indeed a problem to shieldless frames, just like shield ospreys were way back then when they could give shields to inaros.

On this however, a few of the edge case of rage users werelooked over, Notably the quite frequently mentioned here rage oberon build. On this i would say it's a prime time to make health do a much needed comeback in high end build relevance by building on the recent rage changes. Why not explore mods who would provide a similar effect to parasitic armor without requiring a subsume? A mod that would turn all shield into armor or health would greatly increase the diversity in builds, new strategies would emerge, and shield gating would not be as dominating, since survivable amount of health/ehp could be achieved by more frames. 

and yes, you can see this also as feedback on parasitic armor, as it ovbiously provide some of the effect sugested above. however, the issue with parasitic armor is that it is a subsume, blocking you from using others, yes, primarely, but most importantly, in case like the oberon builds that have been mentioned across multiple other feedback threads, also cost you one of your abilities, which you might have desired to keep. 

• Like 4

I really love that oberon zombie build where his health just drops to 2 but he keeps surviving, healing, spending energy to survive. I cant imagine any other way of playing him after seeing that stuff. :D

4 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Or a dragon key that outright removes all shields.

dragon keys free up a mod slot but are just a pain to manage in the gear wheel and way too easy to forget. I get the idea, but it's very much a recipe for some wonk

On 2024-04-11 at 11:53 AM, kerozen666 said:

The recent changes to the two mods have been a much welcomed addition to the game, as overguard was indeed a problem to shieldless frames, just like shield ospreys were way back then when they could give shields to inaros.

On this however, a few of the edge case of rage users werelooked over, Notably the quite frequently mentioned here rage oberon build. On this i would say it's a prime time to make health do a much needed comeback in high end build relevance by building on the recent rage changes. Why not explore mods who would provide a similar effect to parasitic armor without requiring a subsume? A mod that would turn all shield into armor or health would greatly increase the diversity in builds, new strategies would emerge, and shield gating would not be as dominating, since survivable amount of health/ehp could be achieved by more frames. 

and yes, you can see this also as feedback on parasitic armor, as it ovbiously provide some of the effect sugested above. however, the issue with parasitic armor is that it is a subsume, blocking you from using others, yes, primarely, but most importantly, in case like the oberon builds that have been mentioned across multiple other feedback threads, also cost you one of your abilities, which you might have desired to keep. 

The real problem health tanking has overall is that a lot of frames don't really gain great benefits from slotting armor mods due to poor base armor stats, and flat bonuses that are added on top of your current armor value are just a lot better value for those who like to build into armor. Adaptation is a conditional separately stacking DR bonus that while nice, will eventually start to fall off due to the curve of enemy scaling. I don't think mods that convert shields to armor etc would really fix anything or make health tanking that much better. 

On 2024-04-12 at 4:42 PM, kerozen666 said:

dragon keys free up a mod slot but are just a pain to manage in the gear wheel and way too easy to forget. I get the idea, but it's very much a recipe for some wonk

I mean, old decaying key isn't a thing anymore. All of the keys now are actually just detrimental, and it should stay that way.

Edited by Beryliberries