Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Attack Wind-up is wrong

TummyLover

Noticed that when you add mods that speed up heavy attacks (such as Killing Blow, Amalgam Organ Shatter etc…) the Wind-up time actually goes up instead of down (complete with red/green text, implying that removing killing blow actually speeds up heavy attacks) it’s just a visual glitch as far as I can tell 

• Like 3

Yeah I am seeing that too. It is easily reproducible and it happens for regular melee, incarnon melee and zaws from my testing.

It happened recently and often is accompanied by entering the weapon mod screen and the game reporting that damage or some other stat is being lowered by being marked as red even though nothing has been touched or changed in the configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same thing - just confirmed it by equipping an unranked melee weapon then added the mod - Wind Up went from 1.1 to 1.8 - a 60% increase in the wind-up time meaning a 60% DECREASE in the wind-up speed.

Whether it actually changes the wind-up speed or not is a bit hard to judge, but it doesn't seem like the wind-up speed is increased enough to match the stated 60% change, because the unmodded 1.1 doesn't seem to change enough to get to the purported time of 0.6.

Definitely needs some assessment and probably a re-work.

44 minutes ago, DrWhitewulf said:

Whether it actually changes the wind-up speed or not is a bit hard to judge . . .

I don't know what weapon you're using, but one 60% wind up bonus quite clearly makes a significant beneficial difference on the weapons I've checked--hammers, daggers, and machetes.   120% is also clear to me, but diminishing returns make further bonuses increasingly harder for me to be sure about.   Not that I have  reason to doubt the existence of these improvements even at 250%--it's just I'd need to be able to view them side-by-side to be dead certain.

The easiest way to check for me is to make continuous heavy attacks, listen to the tempo, and then switch builds.  I suppose having a good amount of attack speed bonus would help too, as this would minimize the effect of attack duration on the tempo, but I've generally compared with 0%.

47 minutes ago, DrWhitewulf said:

. . .but it doesn't seem like the wind-up speed is increased enough to match the stated 60% change, because the unmodded 1.1 doesn't seem to change enough to get to the purported time of 0.6.

I haven't tried to time wind-up duration by itself.  I'd just note that if one were to do so, it'd be important to isolate wind-up from the duration of the heavy attack.

For reference, the heavy wind up display is listed under Known Issues:

On 2024-04-22 at 3:04 AM, Zakkhar said:

Same thing with arcane shards for crit damage.

Are you saying the Red Archon Shards added for crit dmg are not actually providing extra crit dmg or it's just a visual glitch of some sort?  I haven't checked the actual values of damage in the simulacrum or in a mission but do see the crit multiplier increase in the arsenal after applying a red shard. 

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

*snip

I find it odd that the wind-up values are hidden unless a Mod is added as it makes me wonder if they have tinkered with the baseline values of melee weapons to make them slower.  It seems fishy to hide ANY values regardless if a Mod is required or not as any new player would have no idea Wind-Up even exists since it would be out of site - out of mind type of situation which is the vibe I'm getting from their "features" they have added, or in this case taken away from the UI interface.  Like whose idea was it to bury the Reload Speed of guns under the Magazine size?  Reload Speed is an extremely important value of any gun and it  does not make any sense to hide it in a sub-menu pop-up thingy that most new players or casual gamers most likely would not know about it.  Whatever brainstorming sessions they are having are not producing any useful and practical design changes to the UI interface.  I just don't understand how such an obvious error in judgement got approved by whoever is making such ill-advised changes to what was fine before the update. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

11 hours ago, sinamanthediva said:

Are you saying the Red Archon Shards added for crit dmg are not actually providing extra crit dmg or it's just a visual glitch of some sort?  I haven't checked the actual values of damage in the simulacrum or in a mission but do see the crit multiplier increase in the arsenal after applying a red shard. 

Red and Purple. I am saying they show in the Arsenal as if you just removed a bit of crit damage. There is a white number and there is a (smaller) red number.

I have been told they work properly and the red numbers are just visual glitch, but I havent tested myself.