Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genderswapped frames in the future yes or no

arch111

29 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Well. Maybe its just me then but id have no problem buying it at a deluxe skins price cause thats what it is. 

To expect it for free.. to me its unthinkable. Sometimes i dont get ppl.

The issue I foresee the community would have with it being paid is that for what it is, it would be expected to be free. It's effectively a base model of the frame but an alternate gender/sex; no bells or whistles. Being able to choose your playable character's gender is pretty much a basic option in many games.

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

While I do agree with you L13 (that is a cool nickname) it's sadly never going to end and porb get worse as the years go on since many game devs & movie devs seem to try to "force" this down people's necks as of late and now rather it is an actual wonderful choice for people who love this sort of thing.

But there's nothing 'woke' about it though. It wouldn't be 'stuff forced down our necks' either because of how basic and common of a feature it is. I mean, sure, there will surely be people who complain about it being 'woke BS' but frankly they're being idiots or going full 'man shouts at cloud' or 'leopards ate my face' mode.

Being able to pick a playable character's gender or sex as part of their appearance is such a core and basic functionality of games, gods forbid any of them discover that pretty much every MMO ever lets you pick your character's gender or sex, they'll probably melt down and start claiming that any game that offers any level of character customization is part of a conspiracy or some such.

Basically, there would literally be no rational reasons to complain about a female Rhino model or a male Trinity model (etc) being made to allow players to either further customize their appearance or be more comfortable with the character they're controlling.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The issue I foresee the community would have with it being paid is that for what it is, it would be expected to be free. It's effectively a base model of the frame but an alternate gender/sex; no bells or whistles. Being able to choose your playable character's gender is pretty much a basic option in many games.

I can understand that. But at the same time. I dont. Because in my mind. It -is- a deluxe skin. Which also has to be clear from DE. But they are usually good at mentioning "HEY NEW -DELUXE- skin" putting high emphasis on it.

The base (in this case say) titania.

Personally. Im not going to assume every skin henceforth is gona be both male/female variants.

Thats just silly. They are not sepperare frames.

This would be a one time deal (aka that specific skin)

But i guess thats where ppl just.. disagree. Dont get. Idk.

23 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

But there's nothing 'woke' about it though. It wouldn't be 'stuff forced down our necks' either because of how basic and common of a feature it is. I mean, sure, there will surely be people who complain about it being 'woke BS' but frankly they're being idiots or going full 'man shouts at cloud' or 'leopards ate my face' mode.

Being able to pick a playable character's gender or sex as part of their appearance is such a core and basic functionality of games, gods forbid any of them discover that pretty much every MMO ever lets you pick your character's gender or sex, they'll probably melt down and start claiming that any game that offers any level of character customization is part of a conspiracy or some such.

Basically, there would literally be no rational reasons to complain about a female Rhino model or a male Trinity model (etc) being made to allow players to either further customize their appearance or be more comfortable with the character they're controlling.

Oh no I do agree with you, I just meant that people who complain about it won't ever stop, I'm sorry I don't think I made that clear in my post-Dx

The basic premise of being able to pick your gender or sex as part of an appearance in-game is indeed a core and basic functionality of games, this being Male or Female makes perfect sense in any game regardless, that is just as no brainer and anyone who complains about that is well, as you said itself, a bit of a fool.

However, I (poorly mind you) tried to mention where Game/Movie Devs suddenly change or bring something new into the Game that changes the core Gender or appearance of a character or the lore behind a character is when it can be classed as "Woke" (according to people)

As a recent example: Warhammer recently started retconning their "Lore" by changing Custodians Origins to include female custodians. This has made a ton of people mad. I have never played the game but given by "Lore" of what I looked up, there were never female custodians, only Males.

So taking that into account, suddenly changing something that has never been in-game for years, would make a a lot of people upset and may make them think that this was done for the wrong reasons or can even be considered gaslighting since a game dev could be doing only to get profit of that side of the community LGBT+

So let's say DE suddenly allowed us to swap the gender of a frame out of the blue, where it's been years that the gender of the frame has been part of the frame's identity. (Excal was always a Male) and then suddenly turn around and say "Oh no, Excal can be any gender", while this will be great for people who want more Fashion Frame, it could (and porb will) be taken out of context and have people questioning why.

Another prime example is why people say 'Keep your LGBTQ+ agenda out of this!' is due to them being so used to the game not having any of the elements suddenly having said elementals in the game 

A prime example of this is Overwatch: If I recall correctly, out of nowhere, they decided to make Trancer and Solider 76 have a forced gender preference in what they eh "Like"

Also, in terms of movies, a lot of Disney movies and Marvel have made movies like "Iron Maiden" and replaced beloved children's books and cartoons with a completely different character or gender (Snow White, Little Mermaid etc), why do this?  

Overall, I fully agree that there is no rational reason to complain about a female Rhino model or a male Trinity model being made, but given how Society is these days and how the fact that people have trashed movies or games that change said things I just mentioned, people are going to very sceptical of this sudden change or allowance.

I hope I have explained that well and this makes sense since I -really- suck at explaining things :x

TL:DR: Nothing against allowing us to have a cute Female Ash Warframe but with how Society is these days, people will always complain and take it out of context, due to how Movies and Games Devs have ruined their rep or history, due to they wanted to be more "fitting" in culture and diversity

(I really hope this not details the topic, not the intention here, just haveing a normal convo, even tho I'm terrified, cuz you are a Mod L13 xD)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Oh no I do agree with you, I just meant that people who complain about it won't ever stop, I'm sorry I don't think I made that clear in my post-Dx

The basic premise of being able to pick your gender or sex as part of an appearance in-game is indeed a core and basic functionality of games, this being Male or Female makes perfect sense in any game regardless, that is just as no brainer and anyone who complains about that is well, as you said itself, a bit of a fool.

However, I (poorly mind you) tried to mention where Game/Movie Devs suddenly change or bring something new into the Game that changes the core Gender or appearance of a character or the lore behind a character is when it can be classed as "Woke" (according to people)

As a recent example: Warhammer recently started retconning their "Lore" by changing Custodians Origins to include female custodians. This has made a ton of people mad. I have never played the game but given by "Lore" of what I looked up, there were never female custodians, only Males.

So taking that into account, suddenly changing something that has never been in-game for years, would make a a lot of people upset and may make them think that this was done for the wrong reasons or can even be considered gaslighting since a game dev could be doing only to get profit of that side of the community LGBT+

So let's say DE suddenly allowed us to swap the gender of a frame out of the blue, where it's been years that the gender of the frame has been part of the frame's identity. (Excal was always a Male) and then suddenly turn around and say "Oh no, Excal can be any gender", while this will be great for people who want more Fashion Frame, it could (and porb will) be taken out of context and have people questioning why.

Another prime example is why people say 'Keep your LGBTQ+ agenda out of this!' is due to them being so used to the game not having any of the elements suddenly having said elementals in the game 

A prime example of this is Overwatch: If I recall correctly, out of nowhere, they decided to make Trancer and Solider 76 have a forced gender preference in what they eh "Like"

Also, in terms of movies, a lot of Disney movies and Marvel have made movies like "Iron Maiden" and replaced beloved children's books and cartoons with a completely different character or gender (Snow White, Little Mermaid etc), why do this?  

Overall, I fully agree that there is no rational reason to complain about a female Rhino model or a male Trinity model being made, but given how Society is these days and how the fact that people have trashed movies or games that change said things I just mentioned, people are going to very sceptical of this sudden change or allowance.

I hope I have explained that well and this makes sense since I -really- suck at explaining things :x

TL:DR: Nothing against allowing us to have a cute Female Ash Warframe but with how Society is these days, people will always complain and take it out of context, due to how Movies and Games Devs have ruined their rep or history, due to they wanted to be more "fitting" in culture and diversity

(I really hope this not details the topic, not the intention here, just haveing a normal convo, even tho I'm terrified, cuz you are a Mod L13 xD)

That was very well put. We live in very strange times.

You are likely correct this would spark some of that.

Heres the thing. When the Orokin made the warframes, they gave the virus to men and women, it transformed them and Ballas shapes them into weapons.
There would be no obstacle for someone with godlike powers like Ballas had, to create two versions of one powerset and then let the 7 decide wich one to move forward with.

The other one would still have the BP stored for Helminth. 

Warframes and Tenno are basically genderfluid. They don´t have genders, but they do have sexes ( I know biology gets everyone messed up) and the Deluxe and Prime skins are allready a complete rewrite of the original warframes design.

This is Equinox Trivia. It would work well applied to the concept of dual genders.

• Despite the androgynous nature of Equinox's design, former Community Editorial Coordinator Adam Ma has confirmed that Equinox is a female Warframe with a masculine form.[1]
  • Equinox appears as her composite form (both day and night) in any shared space, such as in the player's Landing Craft, in Relays, or while using Archwings. This form can also be seen briefly when shifting between forms with Metamorphosis130xWhite Metamorphosis.
    • When customizing her appearance, a button in the bottom right of the screen labelled "Metamorphosis" allows players to switch between Equinox's three forms. However, leaving the Appearance menu reverts Equinox back to her Composite form.
  • Equinox refers to a biannual event where daytime and night are of roughly equal duration.
    • During her development, Equinox's separate forms were originally referred to as Anima and Animus, both of which are concepts in Jungian Psychology. They are respectively described as the feminine and masculine aspects of a person's psyche. Equinox is still referred to as 'AnimaAnimus' internally in the game files.
  • Like 2