Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy attack wind up speed affects slams at all?

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

Question

5 answers to this question

It does, it speeds up the heavy attack animation time/execution. But may be buggy in stat windows after it got changed

But slam attacks/heavy slams are acting funny too even looking like 89 degree angle would make you swing in air, rather than perform heavy slam. or normal slam. If that makes sense.

Edited by AntifreezeUnder0

9 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

But slam attacks/heavy slams are acting funny too even looking like 89 degree angle would make you swing in air, rather than perform heavy slam. or normal slam. If that makes sense.

It is how they "fixed" the Aerial Heavy Slide.

8 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

I assume what you mean by the angle is the direction you look in to tell the game whether or not you want to slam or just do an aerial attack?
I suppose throwables may be excluded, but im pretty sure hitting the heavy attack key midair will result in a slam regardless of aiming direction?

14 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

I suppose throwables may be excluded, but im pretty sure hitting the heavy attack key midair will result in a slam regardless of aiming direction?

sometimes even performing slam/heavy slam looking straight down/90 degree can launch you sideways few m away still.

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

Does anyone know if the "Heavy Attack Wind Up Speed" mod effect (amalgam organ shatter, killing blow) does anything to heavy slams?

I would assume it does not, but would like to know for certain

The wiki says Heavy Slams have no wind-up.    I did a quick test comparing Sibear with and without 120% wind up speed from the balcony and from the ground in the Sim setting, and I couldn't perceive a difference.

Edited by Tiltskillet