Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Omnia fissures and insufficient reactant

Much has been said about the issues with reactant and how omnia fissures magnify these issues, so I'm not going to waste time rehashing that - because by now I'd assume they're obvious and we all agree it needs fixing.

Rather, I'd like so offer a handful of possible solutions. Feel free to poke holes and suggest your own amendments.

1. Reactant becomes a universal pickup, applied exactly the same way as it is in railjack.

2. Remove reactant mechanic entirely and rely solely on mission completion as a condition for cracking your relic.

3. Double the rate of enemy corruption and reactant dropping.

Of these, I feel that #2 would solve reactant issues across the board, whether you're in a survival mission with a squad who refuses to stay together or you're flying through rounds in void cascade - everyone still cracks their relic.

• Like 5

I'm concerned solution 2 would create issues, or rather, it would enhance the current issues. Namely, it would motivate people to only play Rescue, Capture, and Exterminate even more than they are motivated now.

I would combine solutions 1 and 3 instead as that would help other modes, especially Spy and Survival.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

snip

That's a good point. I was too focused on endurance type fissures.

With one-and-done objective fissures, late joiners can often get left behind without a chance to get reactant. Maybe universal reactant should mean late joiners have the same amount as the rest of the squad, regardless of when they loaded in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)McNersty said:

That's a good point. I was too focused on endurance type fissures.

With one-and-done objective fissures, late joiners can often get left behind without a chance to get reactant. Maybe universal reactant should mean late joiners have the same amount as the rest of the squad, regardless of when they loaded in.

It would also address the problem that occurs when the team splits, which is highly desirable in Spy as it significantly speeds up the mission.

On 2024-05-03 at 6:39 PM, (XBOX)McNersty said:

Much has been said about the issues with reactant and how omnia fissures magnify these issues, so I'm not going to waste time rehashing that - because by now I'd assume they're obvious and we all agree it needs fixing.

Rather, I'd like so offer a handful of possible solutions. Feel free to poke holes and suggest your own amendments.

1. Reactant becomes a universal pickup, applied exactly the same way as it is in railjack.

2. Remove reactant mechanic entirely and rely solely on mission completion as a condition for cracking your relic.

3. Double the rate of enemy corruption and reactant dropping.

Of these, I feel that #2 would solve reactant issues across the board, whether you're in a survival mission with a squad who refuses to stay together or you're flying through rounds in void cascade - everyone still cracks their relic.

I can get behind #3 

#1 however would create the same afk problems we see in railjack where some just join find and afk spot and let others play the mission until they

A. Figure it out. Ignore it.

B. Leaves. 

#2 creates more similar problems. Especially in endless ones. Potentially even new ones.

• Like 1

Some more out there ideas for the pile

4. The void spawn points turn into reactant when their direct spawns are all defeated. Void spawn points are guaranteed to trigger near a player at a relevant rate to the mission. So they would be very quick spawners as progress is made in void cascade or flood, consistent in survival and capture, and triggered by progress through kills in Exterminate. The tower defense mode could let you force a spawn with argozene as well

5. Alternatively, maybe detaching slightly relic cracking from endless objective completion could possibly work? Each objective completion grants a relic opening chance, but you don't have to have the reactant when you get to it, since it could trigger when everybody in the party gets the necessary stuff. This does work better for Survival and Excavation than Defense or Void Cascade, since you'd need a period of time after each mission breakpoint is complete to go chase down all the reactant you can use. You could do another check after AFK people get kicked from the squad to see if the remaining people have the reactant necessary to use an open slot.

6. Even weirder one - one or more special relic-keyed game modes where you have to personally complete a challenge in the mission as well as have the team achieve the objective to open the relic. Simplest implementation might be something like the keyglyphs where you have to interact with it on the way in, but add something on the way out to actually get the reward Wouldn't work great for endless modes directly. I can see Cephalon Simaris being helpful and adding some new void-touched Sanctuary missions that worked a bit like the Duviri Circuit (at least, the long string of objectives acting as a single endless mission, not the forced randomness part)

Posted (edited)

Just did 18 rounds of void cascade fissure and didn't crack a single relic. We only kept going due to banger luck on arcanes (nearly every thrax). Only 5 relics TOTAL across all 4 players and rounds were cracked. THE NEW FISSURES DO NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Void2258

We need to change the mechanics on a mode by mode basis. Many modes simply don't work with random piles of reactant somewhere on the map, and never will no matter how much the drop rate is increased short of it just being everywhere since they need you to MOVE AROUND, so you can't go to the reactant if it's randomly distributed. The mode needs to put the reactant where you will be, not the other way around. Example:

Excavation: Reactant granted for powering the excavators or dropped at excavator end (so people can't get pickup-blocked).

Void Cascade: Exoliser thrax drop reactant.

Disruption: demolishers and completed conduits drop reactant.

Void Flood: Filled portals drop reactant (possibly when finished, possibly as you fill).

Spy: Each vault grants 10 reactant to the vault hacker and enemies still drop (takes care of the 4th person not having a vault to hack or one person dong multiple).

Alchemy: completed cauldron drops reactant.

The rest of the mission types work reasonably well as is (survival is a side case but in 5 min there should be time to gather).