The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have more Relics than I could possible crack in my lifetime, why don't Omnia Fissures let me crack several Relics per round?

I did the math, lets say I crack each Relic in 2 min, then it would take me 5 years of raw playtime
to crack the thousands I have. That is not just silly, is not crazy, that is the definition of non-sensical.
Is just bad game design to have Loot I can't possibly make use of. I can't Transmute or sell Relics.

When DE announced Omnia Fissures I was under the impression they were meant to solve
this exact problem but no, the only thing special about these fissures is you can use any type
of Relic (Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi), and you are still only cracking 1- single Relic per round.

As it is now, there is literally no reason to burn Relics on Omnia Fissures, why? Because most Players
will be using Lith and Meso Relics. If you want to crack Axis then Axi Fissures is still the best option.
If you want to crack Radiant Lith or Meso Relics then those fissures will be better since you can expect
other people will be using Radiant Lith and Meso too. And all of this is without taking into account
Omnia Fissures are ALWAYS endless game-modes so it will always be slower to burn Relics there.

TL;DR: Omnia Fissures were meant for Relic burning. They failed at it and you can tell by how difficult it is
to find other Players running these Missions. Omnia Fissures should let Players crack several Relics at a time.

By the way, this is Rebb's Tweet from some weeks prior to
the launch of Omnia Fissures where she said (and I quote):

"[...] we're actually adding an Omnia Fissure in new
places! You can open any of the 4x Era Relics here"

The wording "You can open 4x Relics" made me think it was 4x Relic per
round and the point of this Post is to suggest that maybe.... they should.
If this is too good then make Omnia Fissures exclusively playable to Steel Path.

CDN media

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

They failed at it and you can tell by how difficult it is
to find other Players running these Missions

Wdym? There is always a full squad going when I queue. Or do you want to make a premade?

People specifically do not want just "crack old relics" they want certain thing from certain relic.

42 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

The wording "You can open 4x Relics" made me think it was 4x Relic per
round

DE isnt best in their wording, but here it is perfectly fine. You just pull it out of context/misquote.

Full quote is "any of the 4x Era Relics".

x4 refers to Era, not the relic itself (as indicated by the word the, which means they refer to exactly the 4 Eras we got atm, not just any Eras or any Relics).

also any of, refers to single one pretty much universally in English language. In order to refer to several would have to be "any number of" or "any amount of" depending whether noun is countable or not.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I did the math, lets say I crack each Relic in 2 min, then it would take me 5 years of raw playtime
to crack the thousands I have. That is not just silly, is not crazy, that is the definition of non-sensical.
Is just bad game design to have Loot I can't possibly make use of.

I'm pretty sure DE is quite aware how many relics are out there and has zero interest in us actually cracking all of them. :P

29 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I can't Transmute or sell Relics.

These options are what I hope for...some day.   Even if they were made saleable for some nominal amount of credits, I'd use that option for organizational purposes to trim down my relic screen.

• Like 2

Justo ahora, Tiltskillet dijo:

These options are what I hope for...some day.   Even if they were made saleable for some nominal amount of credits

Without 3rd Party Software like Aleca-frame is very difficult to sell Relics to people.
Doing so manually is not doable for me. Transmuting or selling for Ducats would be nice.
Maybe even Normal Aya? I want to get all the Prime Soundtracks from Varzia.

But yeah as it is now I have thousands of Relics I can't do anything with.

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

As it is now, there is literally no reason to burn Relics on Omnia Fissures, why? Because most Players will be using Lith and Meso Relics. If you want to crack Axis then Axi Fissures is still the best option. If you want to crack Radiant Lith or Meso Relics then those fissures will be better since you can expect other people will be using Radiant Lith and Meso too. And all of this is without taking into account Omnia Fissures are ALWAYS endless game-modes so it will always be slower to burn Relics there.

Maybe my definition of "relic burning" is different, but when I burn relics, I'm after junk to sell for ducats, or Forma. It doesn't matter what part is being sold, parts will always be worth the same ducat values regardless of which relic you get them from, so the relic tier is irrelevant. Instead I'm more likely to sort by Duplicates and run whatever I have most of, which actually almost always turns out to be Neos in my case.

What you seem to be trying to do is going in for specific parts, or at least trying to narrow down what you get. In which case yes it still makes sense to run the non-wildcard fissure instead. But as soon as you start caring about what relics everyone else is running, you're not just "burning relics"

Obviously we're never going to be given a way to use up more than one relic per mission, because relics involve Prime parts, and Prime sales and the way relics are designed are all part of the game's business structure. You open one at a time because your time spent playing is how you pay for not buying the Prime packs.

• Like 2