PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.11

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Is it possible that your controller has a very small amount of stick drift which other games ignore? In Warframe we expose this as an option that you can set, and you might have set this to a very low value at some point in the past. What is your setting here?

controller deadzone.png

The same issue is happening with me on both sticks, in every other game I've tried, no matter what the genre or what type of game, it works fine. On steam deck I had to make the deadzone so large that it didn't even register anymore.

The setting you showed is one I changed and it was making no difference no matter what it was set to.

Also the moving sideways/backwards didn't happen until the most recent update, game was working fine right before.

Thank you for helping everyone with this issue btw.

Edited by Xiothin
  • Like 1

Could we get a fix on Protea's shield satellites not providing the full shield gate duration when using any Augur mods or when someone on your team is using Brief Respite? Currently you only get the shield gate from the small amount of shields gained from these mods and it really hurts her survivability.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GoldenPhaze said:

Nah the same thing happened on my steam deck too, keep in mind i have been using mouse and keyboard for a while so to my surprise when im try to play on my bed today, that my char is moving with just a tremble of my finger being on a stick is nuts

18 hours ago, Xiothin said:

the moving sideways/backwards didn't happen until the most recent update, game was working fine right before.

I didn't see any issue with an XBox controller plugged into my PC, and when I asked our team members with Steamdecks they said they didn't see anything going wrong either. Reviewing all the changes that took place between 35.5.10 and 35.5.11 it's difficult to see how any of them could have touched the input functionality, so I'm at a bit of a loss here.  When you open the main menu, does the pointer drift as well? Or does the UI rapidly flicker between mouse icons and controller icons?  If it does then that suggests something wrong with the way we're reading the joystick, while if it does not, then it sounds more like something is incorrectly double-bound to character movement and creating character movement input when it should not.  Do your problems continue if you reset your input config to default?

Edited by [DE]Momaw
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I didn't see any issue with an XBox controller plugged into my PC, and when I asked our team members with Steamdecks they said they didn't see anything going wrong either. Reviewing all the changes that took place between 35.5.10 and 35.5.11 it's difficult to see how any of them could have touched the input functionality, so I'm at a bit of a loss here.  When you open the main menu, does the pointer drift as well? Or does the UI rapidly flicker between mouse icons and controller icons?  If it does then that suggests something wrong with the way we're reading the joystick, while if it does not, then it sounds more like something is incorrectly double-bound to character movement and creating character movement input when it should not.  Do your problems continue if you reset your input config to default?

Pause menu has the menu go down very slowly in settings, but once my character needs to move or I go into navigation it starts to mess up. It will move my character backwards or sideways and rapidly zooming out in the Navigation menu. So not just the movement it seems like.

The pointer doesn't drift for me and resetting input did not seem to fix the issue.

My personal experience so far. It was fine right before the update for me, not sure about the others but people only seem to be bringing it up after the latest hotfix.

I found a new bug while using Protea Prime. I was doing railjack and her passive counter bugged at 2 stacks once I entered the survival mission on Veil. It was working properly before entering the Survival bit.

7 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Also experiencing this issue on deck, though just remoting in to my PC to play, any time i barely bump the left stick it sends me running to the right / backwards. I used my remote play app for PS5 on deck and didn't have the issue. Seems to only be when playing the steam version with the deck. Didn't have this issue till today when using the deck. The cursor for left stick is fine in menu's but it slightly moves up / down with the right stick.

No mention of Garuda's Dread Mirror ability being unable to target overguarded enemies. I've also learned that Garuda's Talons are unable to hit nullifier enemies if their bubbles are still active.

1 hour ago, DrNut said:

No mention of Garuda's Dread Mirror ability being unable to target overguarded enemies. I've also learned that Garuda's Talons are unable to hit nullifier enemies if their bubbles are still active.

"Why can't my abilities affect things that are protected from abilities?"

algo en los ajustes del control rompieron porque aveses el warframe se va a caminar solo sin tocar ningun boton y me funciona el control perfecto en otros juegos.porfa arreglen eso lo mas rapido posible.

On 2024-05-10 at 2:06 AM, Hexerin said:

"Why can't my abilities affect things that are protected from abilities?"

Overguard does not protect an enemy from abilities. It protects them from crowd control, which Dread Mirror should not be considered as. There are several abilities that affect overguarded enemies as normal.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-09 at 9:38 PM, Genobei said:

Also experiencing this issue on deck, though just remoting in to my PC to play, any time i barely bump the left stick it sends me running to the right / backwards. I used my remote play app for PS5 on deck and didn't have the issue. Seems to only be when playing the steam version with the deck. Didn't have this issue till today when using the deck. The cursor for left stick is fine in menu's but it slightly moves up / down with the right stick.

Having same issues on steamdeck

En 9/5/2024 a las 20:25, [DE]Momaw dijo:

As many others havin the same issue with the Steam Deck. In the menus I can't reproduce the “drift” but when I move the character it appears recurrently drift moving the character backwards. None of this happens in other games, and even entering the Steam Deck system's own control test menu the software registers 0 input when I don't touch the stick.

I will say this is not making the game totally unplayable but it is not optimal for sure.

There is another entry in the forum discussing about the same issue.

Thanks a lot for the support anyway!

• [DE]Taylor unpinned and locked this topic