The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Warframe use the pay to win programming outlawed in Korea?

stash777

After seeing multiple targeted fails in relic cracking, group getting 10 void traces and cracking relic and I getting 8-9 and not getting the relic opened. This happens MULTIPLE TIMES excavation survival mobile defense and always the same after group gets to 10 void traces disappear while I am stuck at 8-9.   I started thinking about a recent news article I read about game developers having "free" to play games but if you don't buy things in the you can't get certain items or the game is programmed to lessen your chances. The Korean government outlawed this practice but the statement was made it is legal everywhere else in the world. It does seem that there are suspect things happening in Warframe. Pop-up boxes usually appear just before the shenanigans  occur. 15 rad share relics cracked and 0 rare rewards and when the reward finally does appear you have been excluded by not being able to crack the relic.  Just saying even in the New war first run a pop up box appears unbelievable shenanigans Archons spawning in walls behind doors until a second pop-up box appears and the game becomes playable again. Recently a video of Nercamechs growing new arms and shields and damage actually healing the enemy. These were streamed on Twitch and numerous people saw it before being removed at someones request. If you need to do these things just say it! Totally would understand you are a business and you need to make money but to do it in secrecy is terrible for your business two reasons youtube doesn't take the vids down and the bad word of mouth will spread. If you are caught and one of these vids go viral it may be the end of Warframe. And as much as I hate the BS  the game is fun the story great. If I didn't care I wouldn't be wasting my time writing this. Most people just quit without ever saying a word tell there friends and be done with you. Let's see if this ever sees the light of day or block by a moderator!

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, stash777 said:

After seeing multiple targeted fails in relic cracking, group getting 10 void traces and cracking relic and I getting 8-9 and not getting the relic opened.

You need to mind the timer/completion rate and actively seek the reactant (it is not called traces). It wiill be where the rest of your team was. Staying with your team at all times and not chasing spawns, kinda helps.

It has nothing to do with what you are decribing further. Reactant is public and visible for every squad member. If 1 player did it, it may be hard, but if 3 players managed to get it is no brainer where the problem lies. It is 90% your fault that you did not get those traces and 10% your squadmetes that could have marked the spot where you get get them before the timer run out.

Untill you realise that the problem lies in your and your playstyle and keep seeing things that arent there, it will not change.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 5

Sometimes you might join a mission extremely late and not be able to get enough reactant. Otherwise you need to be actively moving around the map with the rest of your team so you can collect reactant drops with them.

• Like 1

No, not at all. Despite one or two hiccups, Warframe may just be the least Pay to Win MMO out there. And this is me saying this still pi##ed off about the recent Dante Nerfs.

You can't pay anything, anywhere, to get more unlocks for the relics. If I had to guess, you're probably running off and doing your own thing instead of sticking with the group, meaning you lose out on things they get.

• Like 1

The number of times I failed is miniscule to the number of successful runs. 99% of my fails were due to my own mistakes as making a wrong turn or backtracking to grab a reactant on my hud and then running out of time or just getting lost if other team members are too far from me and I have no red markers to indicate enemies. I have experienced the odd issue of not enough spawns but then I just reload mission and run again. 

Going from memory of failures I think mostly were on a capture which is generally a fast mission and if you don't keep up with the group then the risk of failure is higher. However the song remains the same........my own fault 99.9% of the time

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Failing to crack a relic is supposed to be incredibly rare, the only time it happens is when players are being literally the most brain-dead they can be and killing everything before it can turn into a Corrupted enemy. It's stupid, irritating, and a result of bad play.

That is literally the be-all and end-all of this subject. However, I like to hear the sound of my own voice, so here's more:

DE's drop tables and all of their percentages are completely public.

DE utilises actual, functional, pure RNG, where there is no 'pity' system or 'sweetening' built into the RNG. There is no adjustment in either the positive, or the negative, direction in order to manipulate their players.

What this can result in is exactly the kind of deviation that pure RNG can have. I experienced near transcendent levels of frustration when farming the Stalker for the better part of 8 months, with confirmed kills numbering a minimum of 3 per day, and did not receive the 'Smoking Body' ephemera. I then gave up, completely forgot about it, and it dropped 4 months later on a random mission where I was levelling a weapon using a stealth Exterminate.

Then again, I got all parts of the original Ember Prime to drop in under an hour's farming when she released.

So you win some, you lose some. 

On top of that, the only place you can pay for the things you get from Relics is during their original Prime Access, or at the Prime Resurgence, and at both of those times the frames are available for free, with Player Trading enabled on the parts, meaning that you can free-to-play the Premium Currency too.

Meaning...

No.

This tactic that Korea has outlawed is not present in Warframe.

[Edit because I accidentally cut-and-pasted a sentence out of order]

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

when players are being literally the most brain-dead they can be and killing everything before it can turn into a Corrupted enemy. It's stupid, irritating, and a result of bad play.

Murphy's Law strikes again.

Last night ran an interception void fissure and no one on the team opened a reilic I immediately thought of this forum thread. Too tired to reply but this morning I see the above post stating exactly what happened. in the public mission we had A Saryn and a Mirage who I suppose were competing for the highest kill numbers. End result we had no winners as no relics were opened. I simply assumed it was a glitch till  reading above post and then the penny dropped so to speak as to what actually occurred

• Like 1