The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I cannot progress past Phobos junction due to mastery rank requirement for MAROO'S BAZAAR

EternallyMR0

Posted (edited)

As you can tell by my username I intend to play through the game as mastery rank 0.

The ceres junction requires I kill sergeant but the sergeant is on Phobos and the Phobos junction requires me to visit Maroo... But to visit Maroo I have to be at least mastery rank 1 but I don't intend to reach mastery rank 1 because that is not how I intended the run to go.

Thankfully for the ceres junction there was a work around as I could get another player to taxi me to sergeant. but still there is a problem. the quest stolen dreams is also locked behind Phobos junction.

The mastery 1 requirement for Maroo isn't necessary as most new players would have ranked up by the time they reach mars. not to mention these indirect mastery locks will restrict Anyone at Mastery rank 0 from even getting these Warframes (without buying them).

Indirect Mastery Locks (source: Warframe wiki)

• Although normal Warframes do not have a lock, certain frames can only be obtained after achieving certain Mastery Ranks, barring Trading or the Marketplace:
  •  
  • A majority of Archwing weapons are built via parts purchasable only from Syndicates ([MR3]), with the exception of:

From the point of posting this I've made it as far as the first mission on ceres and from my prior knowledge of the game and research these are the things that could arise issues with my run. in my honest opinion mastery locks should just stick to being on just weapons and rivens.

Edited by EternallyMR0
  • Like 3

• EternallyMR0 changed the title to I cannot progress past Phobos junction due to mastery rank requirement for MAROO'S BAZAAR
2 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Time to make a new account, then. You could call it EternallyMR1.

Yeah I'm not doing that I already spent 4 hours on this account.
Im sticking to mr0 and wont go any higher. so far from my limitations due to mastery rank i will not be able to steelpath and sanctuary onslaught. 

sadly there is mr lock of 5 on kuva litches so thats a problem too.

12 minutes ago, EternallyMR0 said:

Im sticking to mr0 and wont go any higher. so far from my limitations due to mastery rank i will not be able to steelpath and sanctuary onslaught. 

I don't know if this is an alt of yours, or if you're actually new to the game and doing a very niche run for your first playthrough (not ideal either way), but you probably should have done the research so you'd know what roadblocks you'd encounter. If Phobos is bottlenecking your progress, then you've probably done all you can with an MR0 account.

19 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

you've probably done all you can with an MR0 account.

I can actually do more, as right now i just completed jupiter junction and from what i can tell i can infact go up to whipsers in the walls it will just take alot of time because necramech farming sucks

I find it an interesting challenge that you set for yourself but the mastery levels I do think existed for a reason. When I first began I was at level 5 still incapable of surviving a solo run of Hydron Defense many years ago. today i can take an un modded frame config and run the same mission with ease and only start to suffer beyond wave 15. Does not mean I got good I simply learned how to avoid/reduce incoming damage with the movement mechanics.

Mastery levels I always thought to be something that was used to educate rather than inhibit. I could be wrong but I do remember the madness of Mastery level 5 getting access to the Kuva Bramma before the nerf and how Hydron was filled with mastery level 5 players wielding planet killer weapons as opposed to weapons that required at least some thought on how to use them to kill enemies.

DE often get things wrong but overall they got the basics right. Sadly in my mind overtime they have made many of the basic premises behind mastery ranks obsolete. After all if a new player can by pass said mechanics by Purchasing prime releases they have access to frames and weapons that defeat those blocks.

For your personal challenge task that you set for yourself is there not a reset button ? https://www.warframe.com/news/optional-reset-now-available The info on the page is a bit sparse so I don't know if resetting which removes the XP also removes progress ? I also could not see in your post if you simply reset or started a new game. Anyways good luck on your new adventure and hope you find work arounds for the issues you might face on your journey.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

For your personal challenge task that you set for yourself is there not a reset button ? https://www.warframe.com/news/optional-reset-now-available The info on the page is a bit sparse so I don't know if resetting which removes the XP also removes progress ? I also could not see in your post if you simply reset or started a new game. Anyways good luck on your new adventure and hope you find work arounds for the issues you might face on your journey.

That is super old, I wonder how much of that even applies these days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

That is super old, I wonder how much of that even applies these days.

No Idea as I have never used it but I also have no idea if it resets the entire game regarding progress or simply the reset of mastery ? So much of mastery levels or requirements seem to be outdated these days so I am not really convinced it should be used as a Block or timer anymore. I have been in missions where level 15 players constantly out perform level 25+ players. So mastery is certainly no indicator of a players experience or ability. At the same time a player in a clan that is super helpful can get an inexperienced player up to high mastery levels where they might lack experience and fail to get through steel path missions unless they are carried. So outside of the mastery rewards bonuses it means very little anymore.

Posted (edited)

The game has never been intended to be played that way, so yes you will hit walls and locks you can't bypass. Deal with it, that's the challenge.

Edited by Rathalio
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, EternallyMR0 said:

As you can tell by my username I intend to play through the game as mastery rank 0.

Then you should expect to hit a wall if you refuse to progress. That's how it should be.

I never understood why MR 0 alt accounts continue to crop up on the Forums every now and again to ask why they can't finish an entire MMO without ever progressing account rank.

• Like 4

You hobbled yourself. I don't think this "challenge" is as interesting as people think it is. It's not like the equipment you can acquire will be rank 0. Progress through the quests and star chart with only your starter equipment. Never use any potatoes or forma on your stuff and get through everything. Those are much more interesting.

Sweeping changes shouldn't be made to take roadblocks out of your way just because you came up with a challenge without considering everything fully.

15 hours ago, EternallyMR0 said:

Only 4 hours? That's barely a blip.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EternallyMR0 said:

i just tried this. didnt work.

No having someone invite to party doesn't work. There's a bug that sends people to relay after a mission even if you begin the mission from the orbiter. There's a very rare occurrence it bugs out sending to Maroon's Bazaar instead. 

You can try this. Have someone in the relay go into a mission. Then invite another person that's in Maroon's Bazaar. First person leave forcing a host migration. The person from Maroon's Bazaar invite you to the missions. See where you end up after the mission ends.

Edited by ominumi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

well as far as i see it as a player who is mr0 there are sertain stuff you gonna miss out on but thats the charm of doing mr0 to me why would i play the same things i normaly would choose and i did some steelpath already even if it was only alerts that i could enter as a mr0 without completed starchart

Am 12.5.2024 um 05:40 schrieb EternallyMR0:

[MR5]:

that is not entirely true since https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Circuit exists witch give out a limited timed option to get hydroid while oro might not be the only mission mr locked right now it is completly possible to get hydroid over the circuit

[MR2]:

• Gara Neuroptics is only available through LV20-40 bounty.

all bounties of higher tiers may have mr locks but can be started by someone and joined so you can get gara or again out of the Circuit

[MR5]:

out of the Circuit again

[MR7]:

out of the Circuit too

and about the archwing weapons like many other weapons you need the mr to build them anyways nothing gonna change about that

but i question where did you find you source for your info since my i would like to read it myself
yeah i found the soruce but well they completely seem to forget about the Circuit or other game mechanics that if what they were saying where true the list would be way longer since basicly no frame out of any boutie would be farmable. also i am not surprised many of the new stuff is not even on that list but so far i see no possiblity to get it with my mr0 play for an example like Dante because he requires the Deadlock Protocol as well.
well happens not the first time i encounterd the wiki haveing problems by one side saying x and another page saying y

vor 23 Stunden schrieb EternallyMR0:

you can do limited steelpath by alerts sometimes and there should be nothing stoping you doing sanctuary onslaught that i know of jet unless you dont use the walaround to skip the phobos junction for now
and it is not like you cant get to phobos without the brigde since it is connected to the void so you only would need 2 taxis to be able to reach it from the other side

Edited by Nybris

• 2 weeks later...

you can get to ceres by

On 2024-05-12 at 7:42 PM, Voltage said:

Then you should expect to hit a wall if you refuse to progress. That's how it should be.

I never understood why MR 0 alt accounts continue to crop up on the Forums every now and again to ask why they can't finish an entire MMO without ever progressing account rank.

because unlike proper MMO's, MR does not provide any form of direct power increase, you can be MR30 and still not have a max rank serration, you could not own various multishot mod's, etc etc.  Rank has never mattered unless forced to matter when it simply isnt needed for progression, the only thing that has ever mattered is Mods, Mod Ranks and owning the equipment you stuff those mods into.

As for the OP, yeah being a new MR0er is a LOT harder these days, esp with that maroo lock thrown in, old players like myself managed as we ran out of more stuff to do in 13/14 so it made sense to play again with the MR0 challenge/limit in mind for something extra to do rather than quit the game and go elsewhere, that meant we cleared the then starmap before junctions existed.

Later on newer zeroes used to be able to manage the linear starchart progression by way of the void nodes, as long as 1 node in the starchart was unlocked you could be taxid to a node in the other void paths you hadnt reached yet as those seperate paths are all considered 1 place rather than individual void entities and they would successfully unlock, this ofc wouldnt happen if nothing was unlocked yet, if it wouldnt unlock back then it certainly wont unlock now.

If you were lucky tho it meant you could then travel backwards through those void nodes back into the normal starchart to other planets, if you havent got lucky and already have a void node unlocked, normally via ceres then im not sure how newer zeroes can get around till someone else magics up a potential solution.

The also older bug i saw on the forums (no idea if it worked btw, i only read someone claimed it worked) here was to travel to maroo via your mod station, in the Ayatan Treasures page where you normally socketed ayatans, the button there to "Visit Maroo" would supposedly send you to maroos regardless or MR, im guessing this far on thats also patched up and fixed.

Theres still a fair few zeroes around, some old, some new, and tbh if you have the usual list of OP warframes, fully ranked mods/etc, then you can manage perfectly well as a 0, greetings to any trying to self hardmode, keep up the good work if you are able to.

On 2024-05-13 at 3:58 AM, ominumi said:

No having someone invite to party doesn't work. There's a bug that sends people to relay after a mission even if you begin the mission from the orbiter. There's a very rare occurrence it bugs out sending to Maroon's Bazaar instead. 

You can try this. Have someone in the relay go into a mission. Then invite another person that's in Maroon's Bazaar. First person leave forcing a host migration. The person from Maroon's Bazaar invite you to the missions. See where you end up after the mission ends.

ive been dragged to a relay after a mission was completed rather than be sent to my orbiter, but i think it was the earth relay every time?  not seen or heard of being dragged along to maroo before.

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

because unlike proper MMO's, MR does not provide any form of direct power increase

So then it doesn't really matter to be MR0 most of the time and it's even less of some sort of flex or badge of honor than people make it out to be. Finishing an RPG with a level 0/1 where you get restricted more on abilities/spells/hit points and probably equipment due to stats is far more of an accomplishment. But since you cannot keep frames and equipment from leveling, there's no flex. It's like trying to fool someone in Fortnite into thinking you're a noob by sticking with default skins or something.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

So then it doesn't really matter to be MR0 most of the time and it's even less of some sort of flex or badge of honor than people make it out to be. Finishing an RPG with a level 0/1 where you get restricted more on abilities/spells/hit points and probably equipment due to stats is far more of an accomplishment. But since you cannot keep frames and equipment from leveling, there's no flex. It's like trying to fool someone in Fortnite into thinking you're a noob by sticking with default skins or something.

if it doesnt matter being MR0 then it also doesnt matter being MR30, you can clear any content with either with the same mods, that doesnt shoot down a preference for MR0 it just shoots down MR as being a useful way to measure combat effectiveness.  Not sure what you mean by "cannot keep frames and equipment from levelling"?

MR has never mattered from the start for progression, its only ever been used for time gating, exactly the same as syndicate standing limits, void relic rng, the whole lich/kuva weapon system, rng within rng within more rng, all just to slow you down, i havent bothered with any kuva weapons for that reason.  In fact at the start a LOT of gear was MR0, there were no junctions/mr locks, prime gear, prisma gear/etc was mostly MR0 then slowly changed later the more higher MR people whined on the forums that their missions had low MR peasants in them and they sometimes had to scrape someone off the floor delaying their effortless murder hobo kill streaks and in doing so more restrictions got added and added and added while more people came to complain when they noticed previous complaints from a minority worked and got actioned.

You can easily be a MR5 player who spent time to gear/mod yourself up, and get paired with a MR18 who has blasted through content and still uses a 1/2 ranked Serration, has no lethal Torrent, an Unmax'd Vitality (seen people who dont even equip it at all), this is why MR locks have always been a bad idea, you can see a MR number but you cant see mods/mod ranks, yet what happens most times?  you can start a mission with any reasonably low MR account you have 1-5, wait for people to join a game somewhere, Hydron being a decent easy mission that always has traffic, then not always, but a LOT of the time when the higher MR player(s) join, they see a low ranked player and many just abort mission before even trying to play.

Edited by Methanoid
typo

On 2024-05-12 at 6:37 AM, EternallyMR0 said:

Why would u even consider "Bypass" the whole game mechanics and system to NOT level up as required to complete steps and clear The entire game.
A. You cannot complete Normal Full Star-chart
B. You will NOT be able to access Steel path
C. You will not be granted rewards from certain "MR Required Mission", Archon shards etc ... if u do not meet the minimum requirement, you will not be able to have others force-out larva/Necrolite for your Sister or Kuva.

I mean you missing the whole point of the game... stop this nonsense

16 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Not sure what you mean by "cannot keep frames and equipment from levelling"?

If you take equipment on a mission with you and use it or have squadmates, said equipment will gain XP. It is impossible to play the game without leveling up some equipment. Even if you play solo, you'd have to level up one weapon or frame to get anywhere. Then missions like spy, rescue, and defense give XP that's spread around. You cannot play the game and keep your equipment at level 0. At best you could stick to your starter equipment and never use anything else.

MR has never mattered from the start for progression, its only ever been used for time gating,

And time gating is never going to go away. It obviously gets adjusted every now and then, but at best some old gates will be removed or lessened as new ones are added so they can allow players just starting now to have an easier time to catch up to players that have been here a long time.

Hydron being a decent easy mission that always has traffic, then not always, but a LOT of the time when the higher MR player(s) join, they see a low ranked player and many just abort mission before even trying to play.

You must be playing during sweaty tryhard hour or something. Unless someone is constantly falling down or is really obviously not doing anything and being a leech, who cares? If someone is moving around and trying to contribute, then that's fine.