The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't defeat Frost on uranus junction

(XBOX)Vinihoff

Question

I am using Volt (30), that's the only warframe that I have, and I don't know wich strategy to use, my weapons options are:

Primary: Boltor (19), Gorgon (4), MK-1 Paris (30)

Secondary: MK-1 Kunai (30), Furis (9)

Melee: Dual Skana (30), Skana (30), Cronus (26), Kogake (25), MK-1 Furax (Unranked)

22 answers to this question

Are you modding your weapons?

You taking the time to list the rank for everything you got, but no mention of any mods, makes me believe you're neglecting that part of the game.

Weapon level itself does nothing for more damage, it only adds mod capacity.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Vinihoff:

I am using Volt (30), that's the only warframe that I have, and I don't know wich strategy to use, my weapons options are:

Melee: Dual Skana (30), Skana (30), Cronus (26), Kogake (25), MK-1 Furax (Unranked)

paris is good weapon. you need headshots and you must hide behind pillars or your shield.

i bet you dont have energy? ask in chat if somebody can gift you this mod:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Nexus

To @(XBOX)Vinihoff,

You have others equipements that can help :

• Pizza : Squad restore pad (market/right desk 500 credits for blueprint) for health, Energy, ammo and shield. set shortcut for them (I use arrows keys)
    • Use shield to over boost yours before battle, health+shield when
  • A Specter : If you finish a Rescue mission with all heavy guards you gain a specter frame. Prepare 2-3 as bait (I always keep 20+)

Also there is some tricks

• Some tactics : ROLL (when rolls you take -75% damage) and hide being pillars as specter target your center body
  • Equip Boltor, Furis to attack from behind cover If it come close switch to FULL MELEE with your Dual Skana.
    • Boltor have good magazine and need some fire.
    • Idem for Furis
    • Dual Skana : (go for Attack Speed and damage) use roll (cancel any action you are doing) then JUMP + Heavy Attack (target ground) to do a Slam attack to stuns the specter then finish him or go back to range.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Vinihoff said:

I don't know wich strategy to use

Worst case, you can just spam Jump -> Heavy Attack with your Melee :P

For a ranged approach, casting and picking up your Electric Shield makes you bullet proof while buffing your own shots.

But yeah, what Mods you're using also kinda sorta matters just a teensy bit there lol,
and just to check, you are aware you can buy Blueprints from the Market to craft?
(I ask because you mostly seem to be using stuff the game itself handed to you, don't be afraid to try out more stuff.)

I'd recommend to always use max Rank equipment for any sort of test (also Story Quests),
use a popular mission like Saturn - Helene, or Sanctuary Onslaught (check Syndicate missions tab) to quickly rank up gear.

In general, if you're struggling with something, maybe slow down a bit, work on your gear,
get new stuff around your current MR, but more than anything, take a look at and invest time into your Mods,
using fewer but well-ranked (good) Mods is gonna make a HUGE improvement over just filling all slots with unranked garbage.

Like, for weapons, the "basics" would be +Damage and +Elemental Damage (the latter adjusted to what you're fighting),
Multishot is great (but demanding in Capacity), Crit Mods can further push your damage up a lot, if the weapon's base stats support that.

20 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Are you modding your weapons?

You taking the time to list the rank for everything you got, but no mention of any mods, makes me believe you're neglecting that part of the game.

Weapon level itself does nothing for more damage, it only adds mod capacity.

Yes, I am modding my weapons

20 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

paris is good weapon. you need headshots and you must hide behind pillars or your shield.

i bet you dont have energy? ask in chat if somebody can gift you this mod:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Nexus

I tried those 2 strategys, even electrifying my shield, and wich mod is that? I don't remeber if I have that mod

18 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

To @(XBOX)Vinihoff,

You have others equipements that can help :

• Pizza : Squad restore pad (market/right desk 500 credits for blueprint) for health, Energy, ammo and shield. set shortcut for them (I use arrows keys)
    • Use shield to over boost yours before battle, health+shield when
  • A Specter : If you finish a Rescue mission with all heavy guards you gain a specter frame. Prepare 2-3 as bait (I always keep 20+)

Also there is some tricks

• Some tactics : ROLL (when rolls you take -75% damage) and hide being pillars as specter target your center body
  • Equip Boltor, Furis to attack from behind cover If it come close switch to FULL MELEE with your Dual Skana.
    • Boltor have good magazine and need some fire.
    • Idem for Furis
    • Dual Skana : (go for Attack Speed and damage) use roll (cancel any action you are doing) then JUMP + Heavy Attack (target ground) to do a Slam attack to stuns the specter then finish him or go back to range.

When he got close, I used bullet jump and I didn't know that roll decreased damage while it also cancels animation, thx man

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Vinihoff:

I tried those 2 strategys, even electrifying my shield, and wich mod is that? I don't remeber if I have that mod

just click on the wiki link. The advantage is that you can collect enough energy and simply run away from the frost until your skills are recharged.

Unfortunately mod is only available later. So you probably don't have it yet.

Posted (edited)

If you have revenant cast mesmer skin, bullet jump right in front of front, he will attack, frost will be paralyzed for 5 seconds. Beat on him till he dead. If he wakes he'll attack and be paralyzed again and finish him off. This works on every junction with every enemy warframe.

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If you have revenant cast mesmer skin

This is how the OP begins:

"I am using Volt (30), that's the only warframe that I have"

Also you can't even have Revenant at that point unless you bought him, his Quest comes after The War Within.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-14 at 9:47 PM, (XBOX)Vinihoff said:

Ranks of the weapons mean nothing in this game. All you get is bigger capacity for mods. 

How do you mod the weapons? Do you have the mods ranked up? Can you name the mods and ranks of them you have on your Boltor?

As for strategy, soft cover* and constant breaking line of sight is the best idea or he will just sit in his bubble forever.

*) soft cover mechanics abuses the third person perspective, it allows you to see the enemy and shoot it, while it cannnot see or shoot you. You have to utilise many of the pillars present in the Junction room for that. This can be further improved by using Volt's shield.

Alternatively you could just activate speed, quickly break the distance and heavy attack him constantly with your best melee weapon (sufficiently modded Dual skana).

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)

When I didn’t know any better, I got through all of them with the Fragor. I just kept knocking them down so they couldn’t get up and kill me. I think they boosted the heavy slam since then, so it should work even better. Your Skana with decent mods should make quick work out of it.

Edited by MutoManiac

11 hours ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Excalibur > Radial Blind > finisher attack > Reapeat until Specter is dead

Mission done.

This is how the OP begins:

"I am using Volt (30), that's the only warframe that I have"

Please read more thoroughly, both the OP and responses :P

• Like 1

I am curious, you only have Volt at the Uranus junction? Seems like you have had plenty, if not an over-abundance of opportunities to get a myriad of other frames that would have been easier to thwart Frost. Is this a personal challenge you have set for yourself? Nightwave gives you warframe slots. Please tell us your story of how you wound up with one frame at Uranus. (That's more than halfway through the starchart.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

I am curious, you only have Volt at the Uranus junction?

I mean, it's really not that inconceivable.

Even if - and that's a decently-sized if - you start crafting a new Frame ASAP, that'd still be, what, Phobos at the earliest for Rhino?

So, within the next 3.5 days, you'd have to clear just 4 Junctions before reaching the Uranus one,
that is ~doable enough I dare say, not least when you have the support of other players for most missions.

• Like 1

Yeah,  but by your own admission there was another frame the op could have had: Rhino walking up to Frost and annihilating the Specter relatively easily. OK, if op is 7 years old I get it. However, the nature (writing quality) of the initial post indicates otherwise. 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb PrideB4TheFall:

I am curious, you only have Volt at the Uranus junction? Seems like you have had plenty, if not an over-abundance of opportunities to get a myriad of other frames that would have been easier to thwart Frost. Is this a personal challenge you have set for yourself? Nightwave gives you warframe slots. Please tell us your story of how you wound up with one frame at Uranus. (That's more than halfway through the starchart.)

Everything takes forever with new players.
The best solution was for me at the time: normal Rhino/Inaros and then into the Mele Range.
In the meantime they have redistributed everything. It is unclear which good farmable Warframes are available.

Posted (edited)

I strongly disagree with every suggestion that has you using specific frame or weapon or consumables. Every junction can be done with starting frame and modded weapon without usage of any special tactics, special game knowledge or so called "cheese" (clever usage of gamemechanics)

Junction bosses are meant to test whther you grasp the basics of the warframe. Aiming, avoiding damage, modding weapon. 

Here is brute force attempt with barely modded (Telos) Boltor and modless Volt.

https://streamable.com/kwynvb

And here is MK-1 Paris, while missing 90% of my shots (I have no idea why a few of them missed)

https://streamable.com/rn979a

Cheese is great for Mastery tests, which have similar purpose as Junctions, but test much wider variety of game aquired skills. Main difference being they are usually timed, while Junctions are not.

Edited by Zakkhar

Can frost even damage you if you put your Volts 3rd ability (electric shield) on the ground? Another thing you can do is go for cover and shoot from behind pillars like in any other game.

At this point you should have the Dreamer's Bond mod. Equip it and wait before starting the fight. That way you'll have full energy and won't have to use energy pads or the like for energy.

Just having vitality, redirection and/or fast deflection equipped to your warframe (depending on their rank and your mod capacity) should also fix your problem. After that you can put pressure point and any elemental damage mods on your weapon and hold the melee button next to frost.

Any or a combinations of these things will help you deal with him no problem.