The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightwave Updates

Thomas_Albright

To any developers who might come across this, I'm a new player, and I've still got little to no clue as to how things work in this game, so the new update caught me completely blind sighted, I logged on just now to find the season had changed in the middle of the day, this is a great inconvenience since I was only a few thousand points away from a free Warframe slot, as someone with little money to through around that particular reward was kind of the whole reason to do the quests, i believe it would be helpful to have warning come up a few days before this happens in game, much like the pop up that I was met with only minutes ago, if only to inform players of the coming change

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Im pretty sure nightwave has a countdown in game when devs decide to end it (like a week+ beforehand). In any case, this is a very specific game and since youre new to this, let me tell you how the game works. All the good stuff is OUTSIDE the actual game. On wiki, on WF market, on overframe, on forums, on twitch and so on. If you want to play this game right, you have to keep your ears to the ground, or youll get blindsided just like you just have. Good news that the new season started automatically though, because usually nightwave used to take a few weeks of literally no rewards for anyone (no challenges) before a new season started. Make use of the time youve been given and level up the new season. And like I said, pay attention to all the channels if you dont want to be caught off-guard. Yes, it would be nice if everything was said in-game, but the fact is, it isnt, so we have to deal with it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Yeah nightwave doesn't really have an introduction. To put simply, its warframe's battlepass-like system. Although atm you can't pay to get everything, last i heard they were planning on adding that.

Posted (edited)

This isnt just a new player issue. I have over 1400 hrs (returning player usually) in warframe and i am still caught offguard that all my cred points are lost...These devs dont care about anything. For months i farmed for nothing, but to be slapped into the face.

The problem is there is no consistency or logic in warframe no matter where you look.

In nightwave there is regular weekly refresh and i never lost creds. So i thought this will be kept for the next one.

Sadly the whole game has lot of these design and it is there on purpose to make you lose staff, and you will never know when they will scam you.

Edited by Faultron

Like @Dark_Lugia said, there were many information about ending of Nightwave. Aside those mentioned by Dark_Lugia there were (afair) link into News section (right to the navigation), flashing. In the forum you get post about Nighwave. You have seriously avoid Nighwave to not see it.

20 minutes ago, Faultron said:

In nightwave there is regular weekly refresh and i never lost creds. So i thought this will be kept for the next one.

Sadly the whole game has lot of these design and it is there on purpose to make you lose staff, and you will never know when they will scam you.

Yes, nighwave is made for you to not keep your credits ad infinity. However they clearly said when Nighwave ends.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Faultron said:

This isnt just a new player issue. I have over 1400 hrs (returning player usually) in warframe and i am still caught offguard that all my cred points are lost...These devs dont care about anything. For months i farmed for nothing, but to be slapped into the face.

The problem is there is no consistency or logic in warframe no matter where you look.

No one was fooled here, all activities in the game have periods of time to be done, and these periods of time are being shown in the game..., you just have to do what you are interested in or have time to do

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thomas_Albright said:

this is a great inconvenience since I was only a few thousand points away from a free Warframe slot,

Hopefully this incovenience will be enough to give you a valuable life lesson.

I happen to have over 1000 Nora credits from several previous seasons as I did not manage to spend them before the Season ended. You know what the consequences are? I got less stuff. I actually got multiple life lessons from this, but most important one is probably, that it is just a game and the Fear of Missing Out should not have any control over me.

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-05-16 at 12:26 AM, quxier said:

Like @Dark_Lugia said, there were many information about ending of Nightwave. Aside those mentioned by Dark_Lugia there were (afair) link into News section (right to the navigation), flashing. In the forum you get post about Nighwave. You have seriously avoid Nighwave to not see it.

Yes, nighwave is made for you to not keep your credits ad infinity. However they clearly said when Nighwave ends.

Read again, i never said i didnt know it ends. I said it ends every week regardless which is confusing when this new came up, cos now they removed creds without warning.

On 2024-05-16 at 12:43 AM, RafMatador22 said:

No one was fooled here, all activities in the game have periods of time to be done, and these periods of time are being shown in the game..., you just have to do what you are interested in or have time to do

Show me 1 more activity in the game which work like nightwave. None of the activities are like nightwave. Nightwave refreshes every week regardless and you keep all your creds.