The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe should have a better way to find "recruitment" for prime relics

The prime system is a core mechanic in warframe and player can get stuck in game progress for not being able to find a group for opening relics.

This leads to a player dropout which difficults even more get new prime itens.

In SA server this has always been a problem and forces players that like the game to migrate to NA server thus increasing the problem.

Maybe a system that allows player to find group easier could help to maintain a healthier player count and avoiding empty server.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It's pretty simple imo. You just type "H/LF [insert relic] radshare" and wait for responses. If nobody responds then that means nobody is doing them atm. You can't just create yet another separate chat where you can magically will people doing that relic into existence, people need to actually want to do it first.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

It's pretty simple imo. You just type "H/LF [insert relic] radshare" and wait for responses. If nobody responds then that means nobody is doing them atm. You can't just create yet another separate chat where you can magically will people doing that relic into existence, people need to actually want to do it first.

Sure now tell me what you do if you have done this for weeks and couldn't finish the warframe yet because no one is using this chat

Edited by Baiano7369
Typo

1 minute ago, Baiano7369 said:

Sure now tell me what you do if you have done this for weeks and could finish the warframe yet because no one is using this chat

I'd do it solo or just run randoms. If nobody is using the chat, then there's clearly not enough players, you can't just will humans into existence through using a new chat.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'd agree if it wouldn't be so much easier to just sell what I got and buy what I want off another player. Doesn't really matter what I get off the relic, provided I can sell it. Everything in this game is just platinum. I don't think I ever target farmed something in this game. Fun fun fun

Edited by Himerance
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We've certainly all found our own ways to make the best of the current system over the years, but I have to agree that typing into recruitment chat and manually forming a party with others is an archaic form of match-making.  I'm sure there are details that would make certain edge cases hard to auto-match (such as a long-vaulted relic that's only half-full of reactant), but broadly speaking there's no doubt that this system would benefit from some automation.

Now, whether that's the best use of DE's limited bandwidth is another question.  But I think feeling frustrated with matchmaking circa 1995 and pining for modernization is valid.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
phrasing
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

You can't just create yet another separate chat where you can magically will people doing that relic into existence, people need to actually want to do it first.

Technically you can filter the main chat with keywords that would only allow the people looking for those relics to show up.  This creates your custom chat in some way. But yeah, you cant magically create demand for a relic opening.

• Like 2

The game really needs a proper match finder system in general. Though considering how easy it already is to farm Primes and how much easier it is to get them via Radshares I wouldn't be surprised if that's reason enough for DE to not want to add any such thing. Prime rotations and Resurgence does exist for a reason after all.

For the first week of a new prime access, assuming you have the relics and traces, you can knockout the frame and weapons in a few hours.

Recruit chat tab

H/LF [link relic] intshare/radshare [number currently in squad]

The same method doesn't work for older prime frames and weapons because veterans have moved on already.

vor einer Stunde schrieb _Eclips3_:

Unfortunately, that's not a solution, because to find something like that, you need chat filters and you also have to be in the chat, which is hardly the case for most players. There's a lot of spam there in prime time too.

Ancient games like WoW have had something like that for ages. I can enter a key there and the group gets in touch.

Here, the devs could program the option to enter x different keys and wait for members/invitations.

But here, there isn't even an option like "never be host" for public games. So everything is still in the Stone Age.

And discords for vault relics are well known. Maybe there is something like that for other relics too.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Baiano7369:

Sure now tell me what you do if you have done this for weeks and could finish the warframe yet because no one is using this chat

it is also extremely inconvenient. who is going to type in such nonsense as "2/4" at the end of the message by hand every 2 minutes?
or switch to desktop, edit the message and then copy&paste?

come on.... it's 2024

4 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

who is going to type in such nonsense as "2/4" at the end of the message by hand every 2 minutes?

3 key strokes every 2 minutes? Impossibru!

4 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

or switch to desktop, edit the message and then copy&paste?

How about just paste from the clipboard and edit in game?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Doing this stuff in solo isn’t so bad

It just costs you 4x more relics and 4x more traces. Not that bad at all.

EDIT: As for below. Keep trying, you will not pull me into an offtopic discussion.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It just costs you 4x more relics and 4x more traces. Not that bad at all.

Good thing prime stuff is nice-to-have-but-not-absolutely-necessary, isn’t it? and if they’re gotten a little slower, it’s not the end of the world and give an extrinsic reason to keep playing the game and using the stuff someone’s already earned.

They’re so not necessary that joining public to sit on my ass and not play the game is competing with and losing against doing this stuff solo or with my partner where there’s game left to play. And if someone’s that desperate, the components can just be bought from other players.

…Hey wait, aren’t you one of those fools who’s trying to convince me that the state of public matchmaking is perfectly fine?

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Zakkhar:

3 key strokes every 2 minutes? Impossibru!

How about just paste from the clipboard and edit in game?

Over time, everything will be simplified and the speed of processing information will increase. Because we are not in the DOS operating system era. Chat in Warframe is very outdated and does not have the features that correspond to current standards. We cannot even mark a message and copy it.
There are always solutions. However, we must not ignore the fact that there is a need for improvement here.

7 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Over time, everything will be simplified and the speed of processing information will increase. Because we are not in the DOS operating system era. Chat in Warframe is very outdated and does not have the features that correspond to current standards. We cannot even mark a message and copy it.
There are always solutions. However, we must not ignore the fact that there is a need for improvement here.

Explain to me how do you perform this feature on mobile? Because you know that platform exist for some odd reason. Yes everything has to cater to mobile from now on.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb ominumi:

Explain to me how do you perform this feature on mobile? Because you know that platform exist for some odd reason. Yes everything has to cater to mobile from now on.

I only play on the PC and of course only talk about that.
I don't know what the situation is like on consoles, mobile, etc., so it's impossible for me to say what is possible or not there.