The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My video was removed from the Warframe reddit without a reason given

Terroriced

A couple of weeks ago I posted a video on the Warframe reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1cr1bvg/new_players_not_learning_to_bullet_jump/

It quickly got removed by the moderators.

I asked the moderators to lift the ban, because the video breaks none of the rules, but got no answer. It is still banned.

The only reason given for the removal is that it allegedly broke the relevance rule (not relevant to Warframe), but it's a 11min Warframe gameplay video compilation containing a 9sec clip that is not Warframe related. Am I crazy or are the moderators on the Warframe reddit just removing stuff, because they don't like it?

I feel hopeless and angry. It hurts to be mistreated, but I'm not in a position of power and the Warframe reddit moderators are not accountable to anyone. They can just cancel anyone they want.

Posted (edited)

It's kind of hard to judge whether the video would fit into the subs Relevance Section, when the only link provided brings you to a "your comment has been removed" page.

Also AFAIK the Reddit page has nothing to do with DE. It even calls itself a Fansite. So nobody behind the scenes here can help.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

It's kind of hard to judge whether the video would fit into the subs Relevance Section, when the only link provided brings you to a "your comment has been removed" page.

I didn't know other people can't see it even with the link. Thanks for pointing at this. Here is a youtube upload:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_5DpnVELLI

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

Also AFAIK the Reddit page has nothing to do with DE. It even calls itself a Fansite. So nobody behind the scenes here can help.

I know they have nothing to do with DE, that's why I wrote "reddit moderators are not accountable to anyone". This is not a cry for help, as there is no hope for anything to be done. I just wanted to share my story and maybe someone can explain how I misunderstand the 'relevance rule' or maybe people want to share their own stories or opinions on the matter.

49 minutes ago, Terroriced said:

I didn't know other people can't see it even with the link. Thanks for pointing at this. Here is a youtube upload:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_5DpnVELLI

I know they have nothing to do with DE, that's why I wrote "reddit moderators are not accountable to anyone". This is not a cry for help, as there is no hope for anything to be done. I just wanted to share my story and maybe someone can explain how I misunderstand the 'relevance rule' or maybe people want to share their own stories or opinions on the matter.

2 mins into the video and it's pretty easy to spot a problem. When you call it your video its not quite "your video" is it? You seem to have taken clips from other YouTubers and pasted them together. Which presents 2 questions:

A) Did you ask any of them for permission to do so?

B) Did it ever occur to you that if you didn't ask, one of them saw "your video" on Reddit and sent a report to the Mods asking for it to be removed?

To be clear, I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that you just so happened to leave out an amazingly important detail about "your video" and it needs clarification.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terroriced said:

I feel hopeless and angry. It hurts to be mistreated, but I'm not in a position of power and the Warframe reddit moderators are not accountable to anyone. T

I've been where you are before, and I'm so sorry you're feeling that way.  You genuinely have my compassion.

There are numerous reasons I don't spend time on reddit, and most of them are related to how the implementation of reddit's systems make "silencing" an all too common phenomenon there.  Whether it's a mod with next-to-no accountability who just doesn't want to see something, or a majority of users who want to bury a differing opinion, it's just far too easy to have a bad time on reddit.  Not to say that good reddits don't exist, but they manage to exist in spite of reddit's design.

My genuine recommendation would be to find less risky place to be social than reddit.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

When you call it your video its not quite "your video" is it?

Reaction videos exist. They often have popular youtubers watch a complete video including several minutes long segments where they just watch without making a comment, while earning these youtubers ad revenue. Yet this is allowed. I don't make any money. I don't earn popularity. I made this video, because it shows something I can't show by uploading my own gameplay. I can't make a compilation showing new players interacting with the tutorial by playing it myself 15 times. Can you understand that? The video has to be made that way, it cannot exist in any other way than using clips from youtube. Do you not think that using 20 seconds from a 3 hour VOD is not the same as copy pasting it?

Did you ask any of them for permission to do so?

No I did not ask them. If I did that, the video would come out ... never, because not everyone will respond. If this was required, you could delete 70% of all videos on youtube.

Did it ever occur to you that if you didn't ask, one of them saw "your video" on Reddit and sent a report to the Mods asking for it to be removed?

If this was the case, it should be communicated as a reason of moderation, but it wasn't. The reason of the moderators action was declared 'irrelevant to Warframe'.

To be clear, I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that you just so happened to leave out an amazingly important detail about "your video" and it needs clarification

I'm not sure if you lack understanding of the topic video creation/effort/copyright, or if you just like making accusations. I'm gonna say it again. There is no other way to show how new players interact with the tutorial than to... show it. These players put themselves out there on youtube to be seen. They have not been misrepresented. They have not been shamed. I don't need to ask for permission. All sources have been credited.

Edited by Terroriced
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Terroriced said:

A couple of weeks ago I posted a video on the Warframe reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1cr1bvg/new_players_not_learning_to_bullet_jump/

It quickly got removed by the moderators.

I asked the moderators to lift the ban, because the video breaks none of the rules, but got no answer. It is still banned.

The only reason given for the removal is that it allegedly broke the relevance rule (not relevant to Warframe), but it's a 11min Warframe gameplay video compilation containing a 9sec clip that is not Warframe related. Am I crazy or are the moderators on the Warframe reddit just removing stuff, because they don't like it?

I feel hopeless and angry. It hurts to be mistreated, but I'm not in a position of power and the Warframe reddit moderators are not accountable to anyone. They can just cancel anyone they want.

Even if DE had control over that sub reddit, no one here can do anything for you beyond saying "talk to support"

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb MagPrime:

Even if DE had control over that sub reddit, no one here can do anything for you beyond saying "talk to support"

I did not post this in the players-helping-players forum section. I explicitly stated that nothing can be done against reddit moderators, as they are not accountable to anyone. Why do you want me to contact warframe support, when you already know that isn't the place for it?

I asked for clarification on the 'relevance rule'.

I am also interested in reading other people's takes on the warframe reddits moderation in general and my case, that I presented.

"no one here can do anything for you"

This is not true. We can have a conversation about the topic and that has value.

33 minutes ago, Terroriced said:

Reaction videos exist. They often have popular youtubers watch a complete video including several minutes long segments where they just watch without making a comment, while earning these youtubers ad revenue. Yet this is allowed. I don't make any money. I don't earn popularity. I made this video, because it shows something I can't show by uploading my own gameplay. I can't make a compilation showing new players interacting with the tutorial by playing it myself 15 times. Can you understand that? The video has to be made that way, it cannot exist in any other way than using clips from youtube. Do you not think that using 20 seconds from a 3 hour VOD is not the same as copy pasting it?

No I did not ask them. If I did that, the video would come out ... never, because not everyone will respond. If this was required, you could delete 70% of all videos on youtube.

If this was the case, it should be communicated as a reason of moderation, but it wasn't. The reason of the moderators action was declared 'irrelevant to Warframe'.

I'm not sure if you lack understanding of the topic video creation/effort/copyright, or if you just like making accusations. I'm gonna say it again. There is no other way to show how new players interact with the tutorial than to... show it. These players put themselves out there on youtube to be seen. They have not been misrepresented. They have not been shamed. I don't need to ask for permission. All sources have been credited.

Cool.

Whether you decide to accept it or would rather keep questioning others' understanding of things, we found why the video was removed. No point now in even discussing the severe lack of disclaimers on "your video" compared to the examples you mentioned at this point, nor how you could have just recorded your own gameplay in order to instruct players on how to do "X Action", which itself completely diminishes the need to show others struggling with a game mechanic which could very easily be viewed as mockery. Job done.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

Whether you decide to accept it or would rather keep questioning others' understanding of things, we found why the video was removed

No we didn't. It is very much still unclear why the video was removed beyond 'not relevant to Warframe'. Your opinion is not an objective truth.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

No point now in even discussing the severe lack of disclaimers on "your video" compared to the examples you mentioned at this point, nor how you could have just recorded your own gameplay in order to instruct players on how to do "X Action", which itself completely diminishes the need to show others struggling with a game mechanic which could very easily be viewed as mockery. Job done.

You show a critical lack of understanding and good will. Why should I make a tutorial video, if I want to show, that the ingame tutorial fails to teach new players, how to do the bullet jump? It is not the job of players or people on youtube to teach new players about base mechanics. At no point are nearly enough new players being reached with youtube video tutorials to replace a good ingame tutorial, especially not with mechanics that new players might not even be aware of existing. They will not actively search the internet for something they don't know they need. Showing new players failing the tutorial is not mockery, as it is not their fault. It would be if it was just a few people who did it, but as it stands right now, at least half of the new players seen on youtube show this behavior. It is DE's responsibility to make a good tutorial and noone else can do their work for them.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PSN)MYKK678:

the severe lack of disclaimers on "your video"

This is delusional. There is credit of every youtube channel inside the video and a link to every source in the description.

You seem to look down on me for no reason and you also seem to look down on players who make mistakes, if you think that video was mockery.

57 minutes ago, Terroriced said:

No we didn't. It is very much still unclear why the video was removed beyond 'not relevant to Warframe'. Your opinion is not an objective truth.

You show a critical lack of understanding and good will. Why should I make a tutorial video, if I want to show, that the ingame tutorial fails to teach new players, how to do the bullet jump? It is not the job of players or people on youtube to teach new players about base mechanics. At no point are nearly enough new players being reached with youtube video tutorials to replace a good ingame tutorial, especially not with mechanics that new players might not even be aware of existing. They will not actively search the internet for something they don't know they need. Showing new players failing the tutorial is not mockery, as it is not their fault. It would be if it was just a few people who did it, but as it stands right now, at least half of the new players seen on youtube show this behavior. It is DE's responsibility to make a good tutorial and noone else can do their work for them.

This is delusional. There is credit of every youtube channel inside the video and a link to every source in the description.

You seem to look down on me for no reason and you also seem to look down on players who make mistakes, if you think that video was mockery.

You do realise you just messed up right?

See here's the problem with folks on forums who have this really, really strange fear of either being wrong about something, or not knowing something. It always catches up with them and they're always the cause of their own downfall.

I'll even explain this one to skip past any more semantic replies and nonsense about "I covered the thing I definitely didn't cover". It'll be best to show it step by step:

- According to you, just now, it's not the job of players to teach other players. Nobody said it was a job of course, but cool.

- According to you, previously, you're very aware that the Reddit Sub for Warframe is fan-run and has nothing at all to do with DE.

- According to you, above, the purpose of the "definitely not mocking" video was to highlight an area that needed to be fixed.

- None of, well, any of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Follow me on this. Let's say you did know the Reddit Sub is Fan-run. So you decided to stea....borrow other people's videos, paste them all together as a highlight reel of new players failing to grasp a mechanic, and........post it where the Devs may never see it. Keeping in mind, you know this Reddit Sub has absolutely no affiliation with DE, DE Employees or any DE Partners. And instead of posting it here, on the Official Dev Run and Moderated Forums, under any kind of Feedback section, you instead chose to post it where it may never get seen, and thus never get resolved.

This is the moment when your story falls apart like a wet cake.

It's also pretty important to keep in mind that you can't really plead ignorance, as your Forum Account was set up in 2016. So the option of saying you didn't know about this place is gone too. So again, you claim you made the video to highlight a problem, you posted it in a place you claim to know is a Fansite, you claim the purpose of the video is to get an ingame problem fixed. One of those claims is not like the others.

Just an FYI, I don't know where this fear came from, but I really, really don't care that you didn't know the Reddit Sub was a Fansite. I genuinely don't. It doesn't change the details of the situation, it doesn't diminish someone's value, the world won't explode. But lying about it has an almost opposite effect. It puts your account of what happened into question, it makes you seem untrustworthy, and the world still won't explode. You've essentially wrecked any chance of anyone wanting this to be fixed for you. Just to avoid having to type the dreaded words "Ah, I didn't know that".

• Like 2

You do realise you just messed up right?

See here's the problem with folks on forums who have this really, really strange fear of either being wrong about something, or not knowing something. It always catches up with them and they're always the cause of their own downfall.

I'll even explain this one to skip past any more semantic replies and nonsense about "I covered the thing I definitely didn't cover". It'll be best to show it step by step:

- According to you, just now, it's not the job of players to teach other players. Nobody said it was a job of course, but cool.

- According to you, previously, you're very aware that the Reddit Sub for Warframe is fan-run and has nothing at all to do with DE.

- According to you, above, the purpose of the "definitely not mocking" video was to highlight an area that needed to be fixed.

- None of, well, any of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Follow me on this. Let's say you did know the Reddit Sub is Fan-run. So you decided to stea....borrow other people's videos, paste them all together as a highlight reel of new players failing to grasp a mechanic, and........post it where the Devs may never see it. Keeping in mind, you know this Reddit Sub has absolutely no affiliation with DE, DE Employees or any DE Partners. And instead of posting it here, on the Official Dev Run and Moderated Forums, under any kind of Feedback section, you instead chose to post it where it may never get seen, and thus never get resolved.

This is the moment when your story falls apart like a wet cake.

It's also pretty important to keep in mind that you can't really plead ignorance, as your Forum Account was set up in 2016. So the option of saying you didn't know about this place is gone too. So again, you claim you made the video to highlight a problem, you posted it in a place you claim to know is a Fansite, you claim the purpose of the video is to get an ingame problem fixed. One of those claims is not like the others.

Just an FYI, I don't know where this fear came from, but I really, really don't care that you didn't know the Reddit Sub was a Fansite. I genuinely don't. It doesn't change the details of the situation, it doesn't diminish someone's value, the world won't explode. But lying about it has an almost opposite effect. It puts your account of what happened into question, it makes you seem untrustworthy, and the world still won't explode. You've essentially wrecked any chance of anyone wanting this to be fixed for you. Just to avoid having to type the dreaded words "Ah, I didn't know that".

strawman arguments, fanfictions, incorrect statements and malicious accusations

you have no decency

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terroriced said:

strawman arguments, fanfictions, incorrect statements and malicious accusations

you have no decency

Well, that or I have the ability to scroll both up and down the threads page. It gives me the amazing ability to not treat this exchange like a spoken conversation, and instead re-read and/or recall things you've claimed previously. And the "story" you've told just doesn't add up.

Your question has been asked and answered. Apparently you need to review YouTubes Community Guidelines again. On top of reviewing how you present any future videos going forward so that they can't be misinterpreted. Because ultimately the answer to why your video was correctly removed can be summed up with 4 words: There are multiple reasons.

Accept it or don't, either way this is done.

• Like 2

Am 3.6.2024 um 23:32 schrieb Terroriced:

I would be interested to know the reason.
Is anyone being insulted in the video, is it about politics or whatever?

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb Venus-Venera:

I would be interested to know the reason.
Is anyone being insulted in the video, is it about politics or whatever?

You can watch the video on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_5DpnVELLI

If this was the case I would expect it to be communicated as a reason by the reddit moderators. Instead the claimed violation was breaking the 'relevance rule' ("Please refrain from posting content that is not directly related to Warframe or Digital Extremes in the context of Warframe; title alone is not enough"), but this is obviously not true.

There has not been a single claim or comment towards there being a problem with the video either on youtube or reddit, be it political in nature or any other. Well, except for that one copy-pasted moderator comment claiming 'this is not warframe related'.

None of the people, that the clips were taken from, have complained or made a comment either.

None of the comments that were made on reddit, before the video was taken down, have been negative. Instead some players shared their story of how they discovered the bullet jump or what they think about the tutorial. You can read peoples reactions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1cr1bvg/new_players_not_learning_to_bullet_jump/

The video actually starts with a 8sec clip that is not directly related to Warframe. The video is over 11 minutes long though. I can see a moderator not making it past the first 8 seconds and hitting the banhammer, but they have not answered my questions to clarify.

For example: This video that contains 16s of not directly Warframe related content is trending right now on the Warframe reddit and it did not get removed (and it shouldn't).

And this is over a third of the video duration...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1d7sfor/got_distracted_during_devstream_180/

The video I posted does not contain any commentary so I don't see how there would be any insults. There are a few very short edits I made in the video that I thought were funny. One of them is a sound file played during a bullet jump. The other is a 7sec word mixing segment that quotes a meme. I can only see a disingenuous person claiming this would be an insult. No one has commented on these edits yet, neither positively or negatively.

Edited by Terroriced

Posted (edited)

It's Reddit.... The mods there can pretty much make up their own rules and clearly you struck a nerve with one of them for one reason or another. One of my accounts got banned there because a mod didn't agree that using signs at the end of your sentences to indicate whether or not you were joking or not isn't cringe and it helps out people like myself with autism. Redditors really make my blood boil.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 2