Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Upcoming Website Upgrades

[DE]Megan

Hello!

This is a quick PSA to give you a heads-up that we're planning website upgrades to warframe.com tomorrow at approximately 7 a.m. ET.

We predict minimal disturbances but will update this thread as we monitor for any issues.

Thanks! 

Status Update 6/14/2024:

The upgrades are complete! A relog into the site will be necessary, but we aim to fix that step for our next upgrades soon.

Thanks! 

Edited by [DE]Megan
complete!
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Please let this be the end of the forced log out on the fourms.

For reference, this issue has been here for years:

Same complain here, its been pretty annoying at times when you`re browsing the forums and want to reply to a topic or is writing something and hit Submit Reply and the forums has logged you out.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

This and please, for the void sake, don't downgrade it again. This forum getting worse and worse.

Login issue is one thing.

However there are other:

- tags being mandatory "just because" - they don't serve too much purpose, you cannot add your own

- to search in topic's titles you need search twice (search > filter results via topic title). What's more horrible is that you need to wait 10 seconds. Before you could just mark "look in titles only".

- Topics are written in mixed colors without user knowing it probably. I can see e.g. font color to be white (or close) making unreadable on light theme. Or there is some background color. There should be some theme like "light theme with clear those stuffs" or pasting does not automatically copy such things.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Numerounius said:

For reference, this issue has been here for years:

The main website and the forum are not related. This will not fix the forum logout because the forum logout is part of how the forum's framework (Invisionboards) works. Invisionboards is one of the trashiest forum frameworks you can use, and until DE switches to a modern forum framework, that issue will never be fixed.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The main website and the forum are not related. This will not fix the forum logout because the forum logout is part of how the forum's framework (Invisionboards) works. Invisionboards is one of the trashiest forum frameworks you can use, and until DE switches to a modern forum framework, that issue will never be fixed.

Please don't say such nonsense. That is not part of the framework : I've been using several Invision forums, and none of them behave like that.

I don't know why DE is so reticent to address this issue, but pushing this "it is supposed to work like that" excuse, as one of the moderators did, is utter bullpoop.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Haleks said:

Please don't say such nonsense. That is not part of the framework : I've been using several Invision forums, and none of them behave like that.

I don't know why DE is so reticent to address this issue, but pushing this "it is supposed to work like that" excuse, as one of the moderators did, is utter bullpoop.

Using a forum and being an admin of a forum are not the same thing, and you've clearly never been the latter. I've been an admin on many, many forums over the years. I know very well what Invisionboards is all about, and what features it has.

This is one of the rare cases where the mods are actually being honest, as I know that Invisionboards has an automatic account logout feature (it's a security option that admin(s) of the forum can opt into). However, because Invisionboards is absolute garbage, it's very easy for things to get messed up (especially when you're known for being a spaghetti dev and are forcing a bunch of integrations - such as ingame glyphs as avatars - into the already barely functional forum framework).

• Like 1

• [DE]Megan unpinned and locked this topic