The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dethcube

Axetar

Question

I was wondering whether it was worth my time to invest into dethcube prime to make it a full energy generator. This would be the build https://overframe.gg/build/292277/, It would take more forma than just 5 due to verglas as well. In the end I was curious as to whether investing this much time and resources into dethcube is worth it or should I invest into a smeeta kavat.

6 answers to this question

Both Smeeta and Dethcube have their places, depending what you want to be doing.

Most of those mods offer very little bonus, you can run Energy generator with pretty much zero forma.

Sanctuary is useless, you should always be in Operator Void mode when rezzing. And if you for some reason cant (EDA) 600 HP shield will not save you.

I wouldnt run Verglas on Energy Generator. It affects one enemy at the time. For EG you want to Tag as many enemies as possible, not kill one at the time. I find Hellstrum much better suited for the job. Deth machine rifle with Punch through also works, just doesnt offer the same priming ability as Helstrum.

This makes Fired up pointless, as well as Contagious Bond. Duplex Bond is highly overrated (clones cannot use precepts and they wont kill anyhing either). Sacrifice is meh.

Edited by Zakkhar

I think both are worth investing in.  I'd normally recommend Smeeta first, as it's useful almost regardless of what frame/build one is running, and Charm's pickup buff is never redundant.  Energy Generator is more specialized.

OTOH there's a chance Charm gets nerfed in the next six months, in which case I don't know.

• Like 1

Short answer: For energy generation that you can get right now? Without grinding or rushing the story quests? Without trading mods or very expensive arcanes? Yes, Dethcube Prime is actually one of the least investment heavy methods of energy generation you can access right now, and is worth the 5 forma. You an also save yourself a couple of forma by using non-primed versions of those mods in that build (or skipping them), as they're just QOL mods and aren't necessary to the energy generation or Dethcube's direct survival. You can also increase the amount of energy Dethcube generates for you using method 6 in my long answer section, furthering its worth as an energy generation method.

It may not be the winner if you lined up every method of energy generation side by side, but that's not an option to you right now, and Dethcube's energy orbs are "good enough" for general use.

Long answer: Here are 6 things "better" than Dethcube (some of which will make you cry trying to get them.) Listed from worst grind to least worst grind. None are easier to obtain (without trading) or maximize than formaing a piece of equipment you own 5 times.

1-4) Strictly speaking these are very good methods of energy generation but these in particular are only accessible by progressing the latest Main Story quest line (to completion for a couple of them). Also strictly speaking, the methods themselves are not spoilers but looking up information about them past what I'm providing will easily lead you into spoilers for the Main Quests, so I'll be marking them as such and will encourage you to just let everything else about them be a mystery you get to solve later. These energy methods are otherwise unavailable to you right now and honestly I don't recommend rushing yourself to try and get them even if you can play Warframe full time right now. There's no one energy generation method that is so important to have that you need to rush to get it.

Spoiler

Whispers in the Walls unlocks:

1) A mod for a unique weapon unlocked in Whispers in the Walls quest called Xata Invocation (restores X energy per second for a few seconds per enemy hit with alt fire [up to 10] [alt fire recharge on that weapon is base 45 seconds and decreases with weapon use] ).

• The Dante Warframe also qualifies to use this mod on his exalt once you can get him. (Also requires completing Whispers in the Walls.)

2) A mod called Energy Nexus (passive energy regeneration of 3 per second) dropped from the enemies that are in the area Whispers in the Walls unlocks.

•  You can trade for Xata Invocation (60~ plat) and Energy nexus (5~ plat), but note that Xata Invocation will be completely unusable to you without completing Whispers in the Walls.

The War Within unlock:

3) Once you've unlocked the ability to kill Eidolons, there is also Arcane Energize which gives you 150 energy per energy orb once every 15 seconds at max rank. As useful as that sounds, this is the worst one to acquire by any method as it is a legendary rarity drop that will take months to obtain naturally, if not years under normal circumstances. I listed the other two first as it takes longer to be able to get to them in the first place, but honestly this is the worst grind among energy generators.

• You can trade for Arcane energize, but it's freaking expensive (1200~ for max rank.)
  •  HOWEVER: There is an upcoming special event that will allow you to farm Arcane Energize called "Belly of the Beast." You will need to be in a clan, and complete the upcoming "Jade Shadows" quest. I do not know yet what the exact unlock requirements for that quest will be, so you may or may not be able to do it.

The Second Dream unlock:

4) There is one more extra spoilery option that unlocks to you around the same time as Arcane Energize, but actually naming that one IS a more direct spoiler so I'll just say it's one of your story reward options at the end of the Second Dream. It's very investment heavy to maximize though.

5) There are also warframes that can generate energy with their abilities: Citrine (% chance of energy orbs on kill), Garuda (convert health to energy), Harrow (energy on kill), Limbo (slow regeneration), Protea (energy orbs), and Trinity (massive energy on targeting and killing an enemy). I'll also give Grendel an honorable mention as his 2nd ability increases the amount of energy generated from other sources.

• If you're okay with playing a specific warframe for energy, one of these might be for you, and it could be a lot of fun. All warframes mentioned except Garuda provide the energy squad-wide, so if supporting teammates is exciting to you, they're further helpful for that.

6) There is also the Equilibrium mod method, which actually synergizes heavily with Dethcube if you have Synth Deconstruct equipped and will give you a collectively pretty big bang for your buck, so that may actually a further reason to forma your Dethcube (unless you find yourself playing Nekros a lot, who can make 1 bazillion health orbs on his own). This is the best way to gain energy if you use a lot of channeled abilities, as passive regeneration does not work during a channeled ability, and therefore is the method I recommend the most if you're willing to do a bit of trading right now for stuff you don't have.

• Equilibrium's primary drop source is from the Lephantis boss on Deimos. Synth Deconstruct drops from Fortuna bounties.
  • Equilibrium and Synth Deconstruct are tradable, but that will cost you plat unless you can find a friend to give them to you for free. The collective market price for both of them is about 30 plat. (10~ for Equilibrium and 18~ for Synth Deconstruct) based on players I'm seeing online on Warframe . market right now.

There are some factors I have excluded mentioning, but they are based on these basic methods and are also not available to you right now.
     All of the above methods will be an additional grind of variable length. If chasing those doesn't sound like something enjoyable for you to seriously sweat for like, today, Dethcube's energy generation is "good enough" assuming you're not trying to spam the absolute facerolling crap out of your abilities.

• As a side note, Smeeta Kavat is also worth investing into once you have the spare resources to do so. Not every warframe is going to care about (external) energy generation, and sometimes you just need the dang [stubborn rare resource] to drop already.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I currently use grimoire and have been dreading wanting to farm its build. I'll take this as my sign to farm for xata thank you all for the responses! Cheers!! 🍻

Edited by Axetar
  • Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Axetar:

I was wondering whether it was worth my time to invest into dethcube prime to make it a full energy generator. This would be the build https://overframe.gg/build/292277/, It would take more forma than just 5 due to verglas as well. In the end I was curious as to whether investing this much time and resources into dethcube is worth it or should I invest into a smeeta kavat.

Don't trust fake-troll-overframe werbsite under any circumstances.
It seems that they are deliberately misleading newbies and upvoting lousy builds.

Unfortunately, deathcube is lousy and that's why we don't see it in the game. There are currently very good solutions for energy and I can even spam skills that cost 150 all the time.

Smeeta Kavat - is always a good pick. Especially if you have Lootframe. You'll get much further in the game with it.

For the record, I run Cubey (Prime) on Steel Path a whole bunch, it kills stuff just fine (with Verglas) and so do its Duplex Bond clones,
I get plenty of both Health (yay Synth Fiber & Deconstruct for passive reloads on the side) and Energy Orbs littering the map.

Make of that what you will, feel free to experiment, come up with your own setup that works best for you.

• Like 1