The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf Manifold Bond

supernils

I get it, power is fun, but the damn hound almost does as much damage as me, plus he permanently keeps up like 5 statuses x10 (or more?). I slap on Condition Overload and Healing Return and the thing is a freaking Terminator. The hounds do too much damage without this mod even.

hace 12 minutos, supernils dijo:

yeah if one companion trivializes all others, that's good. k.

don't ask a player to choose between overpower and a balanced game.

I don't use any type of hound but if we talk about damage, technically all the companions do a lot of damage after the buffs.  My helios makes enemy disappear in 1 second, not to mention my dot panzer. 

But hey, maybe you're right, although it doesn't seem that way to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rexis12 said:

Then don't use it. 

lmao, thanks i love this response.. OP creates a good Pet then wants to nerf stuff .. cracks me up with this type of whining in the game these days.. dont like it, then dont create or use it.. just stop whingeing ffs.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, supernils said:

The hounds do too much damage without this mod even.

So nerf the mod or the hound?

Blaming one mod just because you did too much of a good job modding your hound sounds crazy.

• Like 1

I'm using Duplex Bond x Verglas. Verglas on its own is already powerful enough now add on three extra killing machines on top of that.

Just find other OP stuff to use if you think a nerf is needed to something that you are relying too much on due to it trivializing everything else.

I'm not sure that there is specific OP stuff in the companions for them to see nerfs though. Maybe only Verglas.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Then don't use it ? lmfao this is legit one of the funniest posts on the forums in a while

yeah I pretend it just doesn't exist lol

apparently everyone is fine being restricted in their choice of pets if they just get one overpowered one. That's a sad attitude. Hopefully developers don't see their game from that perspective.

7 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

lmao, thanks i love this response.. OP creates a good Pet then wants to nerf stuff .. cracks me up with this type of whining in the game these days.. dont like it, then dont create or use it.. just stop whingeing ffs.

well the solution to pets sucking is not to create one to rule them all, but to make the rest viable maybe!?

It can't be possible that one pet is not only the best primer but also demolishes a pack of heavy gunners in a blink of an eye.

Every pet should have a specific purpose, a reason TO EXIST.

And calling this "whining" not only shows a lack of actual arguments, but also a special degree of toxic immaturity and ignorance.

Edited by supernils

6 minutes ago, supernils said:

yeah I pretend it just doesn't exist lol

apparently everyone is fine being restricted in their choice of pets if they just get one overpowered one. That's a sad attitude. Hopefully developers don't see their game from that perspective.

well the solution to pets sucking is not to create one to rule them all, but to make the rest viable maybe!?

It can't be possible that one pet is not only the best primer but also demolishes a pack of heavy gunners in a blink of an eye.

Every pet should have a specific purpose, a reason TO EXIST.

And calling this "whining" just shows a special degree of immaturity and ignorance, and it's toxic too.

If you're waiting for your hound to dmg or kill things for you then you have much bigger problems than manifold bond

as for hound being the one to "rule them all" i'm gonna debunk this for you right now:

Djin is used for dps with verglas

Diriga is used for priming with 7+ status 

Wyrm is used for eidolon hunts

Helios is used for armor stripping/scanning stuff in new updates

Smeeta is still the most used companion for loot 

Adarza for red crit builds

Nautilus is used for grouping 

Dethcube is used for energy economy 

Oxylus for fishing and plants farming

The fact that you dismiss all these companions and complain about only one is so funny to me especially when in 99% of the time you are going to be killing enemies in sp way faster than hounds, i'll admit that some companions still haven't found their place after pet rework (which is way part 2 is coming) but dismissing all the companions i mentioned as ones who haven't found a purpose is really ignorant and shows that either you didn't know what other companions do or chose to ignore it in favor of making this post.

• Like 5

I have a maxed out hound. I never use him because there's many better pets.

If your hound is doing so much damage then you're probably just sitting in front of the screen and looking at it go. Because if you actually played the game everything would be dead and your hound would only do some status proccing some of the time.

• Like 5

So what if it does damage?

Like, yeah that's cool, companions are finally useful? Maybe we can leave it at that, no?

Or do you want something that's basically just a fetch/vacuum stick?

In all seriousness, if I'm investing the forma and potato into something, it better be not some random trash. Panzer Vulpaphyla now has competition for the companion slots because the other options finally actually do something. I do not want to go back to a "panzer or F off" meta.

il y a 32 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

If your hound is doing so much damage then you're probably just sitting in front of the screen and looking at it go. Because if you actually played the game everything would be dead and your hound would only do some status proccing some of the time.

^Exactly that. Anyone who's witnessed MELEE AI in this game knows that it's helpless unless it has oneshot potential. And even if it has oneshot potential, most everything in this game also does so, at range, if built correctly, against almost anything the game can throw at you, including base steel path. I'd argue sentinels are just even better at nabbing kills (my dethcube tends to destroy basically everything in base sp with Vaporize), even more so when you factor in Duplex Bond's inherent stupidity, creating roaming invulnerable copies that actively seek out enemies and shoot them on sight.

Hounds seem to be in a good spot, but their AI is miserable. So in the end it's balanced out. As all things should be.

• Like 3

If we compare the damage of hounds and frames or weapons, then the hound is only suitable as a crowd primer. And then hound behaves a little stupidly, which makes me prefer diriga as a primer. But not as primer, this mod is useless in comparison with the damage that the player can inflict.
This is one of those mods that allows companions other than smeeta and vulpaphyla to be useful, so I obviously don’t agree that it should be nerfed, it’s better to add alternative strong mods 

manifold bond is better on a diriga anyway, turns its arc coil into the best primer out there. Its not as good on hounds since synergize prospectus is a bouncing projectile. Also a hound doesn't even need that mod to kill.

21 hours ago, supernils said:

I get it, power is fun, but the damn hound almost does as much damage as me, plus he permanently keeps up like 5 statuses x10 (or more?). I slap on Condition Overload and Healing Return and the thing is a freaking Terminator. The hounds do too much damage without this mod even.

Nerf? = NO THANKS
Is it pet perfect = Sure is, Absolutely a beast of perfection helping me with my Status Priming
Does equal to my damage? = FAAAR from it... he maybe does 100k crit but hes not as close to my 20+ millions hits.. so no nerf needed

• Like 1