Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Xbox Series S Launcher Issues on Jade Shadows Release [RESOLVED]

[DE]Megan

Tenno!

The team is actively investigating the reported launcher crashes on Xbox Series S consoles with the Jade Shadows release.

IGNORE Steps to try while we investigate:

• Hard Reboot
    • hold down the power button until the console turns off - turn it back on and reboot Warframe from your 'My games and apps' App
  • Delete Saved Data from your console (does not affect your account)
    • Manage game and add-ons > Saved data > Delete all

We will update this thread with more information when we have it - thank you!

11:50am ET:

We are prepping a Hotfix to resolve this issue - hang tight!

2:45pm ET:

This is our most urgent and crucial issue to fix. We're building and testing as we speak!

5:18pm ET:

We're in the final stages of resolving this issue. We recognize this is not an ideal situation, and we greatly appreciate your patience as we worked through the issue. 

7:45pm ET:

The launcher crash for Xbox Series S has been resolved! Please reboot your consoles to grab the update!

We recognize and understand that this downtime on Jade Shadows' launch day was frustrating, and we deeply apologize for that. Our team was able to determine that the issue required a code resolution, which we then had to implement, build, test, and then escalate into an emergency Cert build for release approval. 

Thank you for sticking this out with us and for your patience while the team diagnosed the issue. We hope you enjoy Jade Shadows and look forward to seeing you in game <3  

Edited by [DE]Megan
7:45pm ET: The launcher crash for Xbox Series S has been resolved!
  • Like 56

I'm currently forcing an update to see if that works - games and apps/updates. Warframe should be on the list. Will update this presently

Edit. It didn't work. Reinstallation also didn't work

Edited by JimmyKaeos01
Clarification
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno!

The team is actively investigating the reported launcher crashes on Xbox with the Jade Shadows release.

Steps to try while we investigate:

• Hard Reboot
    • hold down the power button until the console turns off - turn it back on and reboot Warframe from your 'My games and apps' App
  • Delete Saved Data from your console (does not affect your account)
    • Manage game and add-ons > Saved data > Delete all

We will update this thread with more information when we have it - thank you!

Unfortunately have tried both of those steps neither work

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)ComradeNB said:

I tried going to "manage game and add ons" and manually selecting "update" and it began updating it in my side panel.

Will update if it works.

I don't seem to have that option, for me the update downloaded when the update first released but it just crashes Everytime I try to launch 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

hard rebooted multiple times
power cycled multiple times
cleared reserved an save data
tried launching from my games an apps

guess gonna need a hotfix to fix this update 

Tried all of those too, it's unfortunate I was looking forward to playing the quest today 

• [DE]Taylor changed the title to PSA: Xbox S Launcher Issues on Jade Shadows Release
  • [DE]Taylor changed the title to PSA: Xbox Series S Launcher Issues on Jade Shadows Release
1 minute ago, AlphaPuppyMax said:

So my friend who lives in London Ontario had no problems starting the game after the update on his Xbox series X.  He is playing Warframe right now.

I wonder why the rest of the Xbox community is locked out of the game rn 

1 minute ago, Toucan2889 said:

I wonder why the rest of the Xbox community is locked out of the game rn 

Either way I believe that means those that are locked out are owed some kind of compensation

Edited by January000
  • Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)RedEyeJedi71406 said:

yup here ya go an orokin cell for your troubles lmfao

That's probably exactly what it's gonna be, just 1 orokin cell for being locked out of the update for what I believe is over an hour now.

• Like 3

Wish I saw this before reinstalling the game-

hard rebooting, clearing save data, reinstalling, breaking down and just trying to load the game every 2 seconds.. none worked. 

• Like 2