Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

I'm sorry, what?

39 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Besides that, people love to get hurt and triggered about situations that makes no sense, its a Game, not reality.

By that logic, you can excuse literally anything, but I bet even you have a line.

On 2024-06-20 at 2:58 AM, Gaxxian said:

You don't understand what a fetish is.

I can't even. These guys. "Harumph! I'll have you know this game is 18+!" And they're totally oblivious to the existence of preggo fetish.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

By that logic, you can excuse literally anything, but I bet even you have a line.

On 2024-06-20 at 8:58 AM, Gaxxian said:

I mean, i have a line but even then, if theres something that "triggers" me, and i know theres a warning, just like Jade Shadows has, i would just skip the quest.

37 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I can't even. These guys. "Harumph! I'll have you know this game is 18+!" And they're totally oblivious to the existence of preggo fetish.

What do you mean with "preggo fetish"?

I havent seen anything sexual, fetishizing in any way?

5 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Smut is in the eye of the beholder. Treated as an object by the story, image of a sexy angel lady in high heels, and permanently pregnant.

Mostly that last part because what. That's not how it works.

I didn't see her being treated as an object.

Have you played the quest?

If you did play it but just in case someone else didnt:

Spoiler

Have you seen the flashbacks in the Quest?

17 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Personally i just finished the Quest and i saw nothing really wrong with the Quest, besides being suddenly thrown into the Quest without any pre-knowledge.

Besides that, people love to get hurt and triggered about situations that makes no sense, its a Game, not reality.

Good for you.

But why are you even here in the first place then? Be it in the quest feedback section in general OR specifically this thread, which criticizes the quest.

You know, for any other reason aside from trying to be "not like everyone else" aka "fake counter culture" just for the sake of trying to be "not like the rest" aka "fake counter culture"? Why are you here? Why?

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Good for you.

But why are you even here in the first place then? Be it in the feedback section in general OR specifically this thread, which criticizes the quest.

You know, for any other reason aside from trying to be "not like everyone else" aka "fake counter culture" just for the sake of trying to be "not like the rest" aka "fake counter culture"? Why are you here? Why?

To voice their opinion on a public forum. Seems pretty obvious. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

I didn't see her being treated as an object.

Yeah? What's her character like? What decisions and actions did she make? Why does my machine clone of a mutant cyborg look pregnant? Do I need to worry about finding a home for a litter of Warframe kittens? Do I need to pay Jade maternity leave? What is going on. What.

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Good for you.

But why are you even here in the first place then? Be it in the quest feedback section in general OR specifically this thread, which criticizes the quest.

Because i played the Quest and wanted to see what other people think about it in the forums, since i personally felt like the story was touching.

And because i like to talk about the experience about the Quest?

37 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Yeah? What's her character like? What decisions and actions did she make? Why does my machine clone of a mutant cyborg look pregnant? Do I need to worry about finding a home for a litter of Warframe kittens? Do I need to pay Jade maternity leave? What is going on. What.

Did you play the Quest? The flashbacks, possibility of a forbidden love.
The Stalker, which i assume is the father, trying to save his pregnant lover/wife which is a female Warframe giving birth no matter what(kinda weird since i thought they were machines for some reason) and the Stalker contacting the Tenno?

Probably looking pregnant as a way of paying tribute to her sacrifice also lore wise how she ended up being designed into a warframe like this.

And you dont need to pay Jade "maternity leave" as its a game.

5 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Did you? Next you're gonna tell me how Lotus was totally the main character of TNW who single handedly saved the whole multiverse. The whole thing!

I played the quest.

same with TNW, if you played ALL the Quests related to Lotus.

Spoiler

how she originally wasnt Lotus but more like Natah, then getting brainwashed in Sacrifice.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

To voice their opinion on a public forum. Seems pretty obvious. 

Ah, you again... Here to start conflicts and de-rail the thread, same as you did before in the Deep Archimedea feedback, eh?

How about you all "voice your opinion" by creating your own threads with your opinion. Instead of coming to other threads on the matter and start conflicts. Because that's exactly what happens when you do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Ah, you again... Here to start conflicts and de-rail the thread, same as you did before in the Deep Archimedea feedback, eh?

How about you all "voice your opinion" by creating your own threads with your opinion. Instead of coming to other threads on the matter and start conflicts. Because that's exactly what happens when you do.

this is not de-railing though?

6 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Did you play the Quest? The flashbacks, possibility of a forbidden love.
The Stalker, which i assume is the father, trying to save his pregnant lover/wife which is a female Warframe giving birth no matter what(kinda weird since i thought they were machines for some reason) and the Stalker contacting the Tenno?

Probably looking pregnant as a way of paying tribute to her sacrifice also lore wise how she ended up being designed into a warframe like this.

And you dont need to pay Jade "maternity leave" as its a game.

IMO the flashbacks weren't really enough to communicate much about Jade as a character. Even if we take them into account, all she really says to Stalker is that she wants to have a baby and expects him to take care of her/the baby. To me, a character whose only defining traits are that they love their spouse and want to have a child is still a pretty flat character. 

Furthermore, all of the flashbacks only show Jade in human form. We don't actually learn anything about Jade the Warframe. How did the transformation affect her mindset? Did she have similar traumatic effects like Umbra? Why does she still have the same name she had as a human? What is her connection to the Jade Light (this one in particular is tricky because there are examples in the lore of the Jade Light which are set chronologically before Jade would have been created, or at points when she could not have been present, such as the Myrmidon and Yonta killing herself on the Zariman with Jade Light)? Why are her weapons mirrors of the Stalker's weapons (did she make them herself, or did the Orokin design them that way)? What role did she play in Orokin society or the Old War? 

Other Warframe quests and Leverians have at least set out some basics of their personality, interests or role independent of other characters (Mirage is playful and loves riddles, Dante seeks forbidden knowledge, Nezha is a protector of children, Ivara is an unparallelled huntress, Dagath seeks vengeance over what she suffered, Citrine will protect true love at any cost, etc.) . In contrast, Jade's character is defined solely by her relationship with Stalker and their child, and she has no traits which aren't related to that. That's why she feels like a prop in the quest she's meant to be co-starring in. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Shinoyami65 said:

In contrast, Jade's character is defined solely by her relationship with Stalker and their child, and she has no traits which aren't related to that. That's why she feels like a prop in the quest she's meant to be co-starring in. 

Exactly this. Jade as she currently is presented is nothing more than an accessory for the Stalker, and she's killed off purely to give the Stalker a motivation to maybe change his ways - It's textbook Fridging. They really did her dirty this way, because she has a lot of potential to be explored.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ikalula said:

Exactly this. Jade as she currently is presented is nothing more than an accessory for the Stalker, and she's killed off purely to give the Stalker a motivation to maybe change his ways - It's textbook Fridging. They really did her dirty this way, because she has a lot of potential to be explored.

Yup. Same as they did dirty to Stalker himself, as I already explained in a different post in another thread:

The whole quest ends up being a mess that "does dirty" to both.

• Like 3