Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The change to status effect VFX causing them not to adopt energy colors were unnecessary.

A small gripe but I genuinely liked using a weapon and seeing the status effect visuals match my energy color, lighting someone up with my green ignis caused them to burn green but now its just default fire. My gas weapons used to fill the room with blue clouds of doom, now they're icky yellow fart clouds regardless of chosen energy colors. I don't think we needed to change that minor feature for the sake of visibility, it just feels bad.  😖

• Like 19

It honestly didn't even help. You could already tell which statuses enemies are suffering from by looking above their health bar, which makes me wonder if they just broke statuses inheriting Energy Color and called it an intended change because they didn't want to fix it.

Statuses like Heat, Radiation and Cold also make it hard to see any other applied statuses underneath them as well. This is an active detriment to the enjoyment of the game for anyone who enjoys aesthetics.

• Like 10

I asked for it.  Its a good change imo.

16 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

My gas weapons used to fill the room with blue clouds of doom

Do you realize that it might be annoying for other people?   Like, what if someone doesn't want the room to be filled with blue?

It would be ok if it was visible only to you.  But it wasn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I asked for it.  Its a good change imo.

Do you realize that it might be annoying for other people?   Like, what if someone doesn't want the room to be filled with blue?

Doesn't really mean anything when people can already fill entire tiles with massive floods of particles, ability VFX that cover the entire screen, blast VFX that give you seizures, vauban vortexes that blind you every 10 feet, frost domes that cover massive areas, nightwatch napalm super novas spammed everywhere, etc.

The Gas VFX isn't any more egregious than the 1,000 other effects already searing your eye sockets. 

Also all they did was change the color of the effect, it still fills rooms, with yellow smog, its still "annoying" to players. The color doesn't make it any more or less obnoxious. If anything having the colors is nice because it helps you differentiate your status versus another player using the same status. 

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Doesn't really mean anything when people can already fill entire tiles with massive floods of particles, ability VFX that cover the entire screen, blast VFX that give you seizures, vauban vortexes that blind you every 10 feet, frost domes that cover massive areas, nightwatch napalm super novas spammed everywhere, etc.

You are absolutely right, but its a good start.

I hope DE will add "Use default energy color for teammate abilities" toggle next.  

14 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The Gas VFX isn't any more egregious than the 1,000 other effects already searing your eye sockets. 

It all adds up. Gotta weed it out at some point.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I hope DE will add "Use default energy color for teammate abilities" toggle next.  

Then I'd hope they'll add a "use energy color for status VFX" toggle too, so folks that like it can keep it the way its always been.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Then I'd hope they'll add a "use energy color for status VFX" toggle too, so folks that like it can keep it the way its always been.

More like.... "Use default color for Teammate Status VFX".  

So that everyone could customize their Status colors, but I could "mute" their color customization to enjoy Vanilla colors by myself. 

You will still see your colors and think i see them too...but alas.  

• Like 1

On 2024-06-19 at 2:53 PM, Kainosh said:

Not everyone plays this game with other people, as ridiculous as that sounds. Some of us cannot stand public lobbies and don't have friends that are willing to put up with the grind.

That's why this needs to be something you can turn off; an accessibility option.
It's the cosmetic equivalent of forcing the new "automatic semi-auto trigger" accessibility option, which they are ironically already doing with Auto-Melee not having a toggle. 
Forcing it makes the game more "approachable" for some, but less immersive for others.

On 2024-06-19 at 4:08 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I'd hope they'll add a "use energy color for status VFX" toggle too, so folks that like it can keep it the way its always been.

On 2024-06-19 at 4:31 PM, Kainosh said:

More like.... "Use default color for Teammate Status VFX".  

So that everyone could customize their Status colors, but I could "mute" their color customization to enjoy Vanilla colors by myself. 

Both of these are good ideas, and would help the health of the game overall. 
If you want to be completely honest, I feel there's grounds to make an argument that we should have a toggle to disable ally fashion entirely, because "it's hard to tell which Warframes are on your squad at a glance," or "All these people running noisy ephemeras annoy me."
I have no grounds to speak on either of those issues though; I've played the game 98% solo.

Truth of the matter is, these features are all viable, whether they're implemented or not seems to come down to what bothers DE when they are playing the game.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FaraTenno said:

we should have a toggle to disable ally fashion entirely

Sort of.  I would like it to be modular though. 

Toggle for festive/joke decorations, for ability colors, for weapon proc VFX colors.  

Also, it is true that sometimes i have trouble telling Warframes apart due to excessive cosmetic use.....    I would like to have "display teammate warframe name" option. 

When i play Nidus, for example..... Once, there were 2 teammates with nearly identical Parvos Sister ephemeras, and i legit had trouble P-linking to the right one.  Same color and i could barely tell what warframe is beneath.   Took me quite some time to remember their nicknames (that, also, sometimes are just a number)

• Like 2