Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Arcane Ice storm bugged or just bad?

Got around to testing arcane ice storm and I'm a bit disappointed.

Almost all arcanes that trigger from effects, trigger from all sources coming from the player that match their conditions, including effects caused by their sentinel. Exceptions being melee influence and now ice storm. This makes the arcane quite a bit worse, than initially thought. Since you have to now build and use your weapons for it (or be Frost), it really limits the use of the arcane. Since it's better to use the time you spend freezing enemies to kill the whole room. With normal builds getting things frozen is also an issue, unless you're using specific weapons.

Stacks don't get properly received from enemies that are frozen from chained beams, and you also can get stacks from things your chained beams froze. That together with all stacks disappearing in one go make the arcane clunky in it's current state.

I'll personally switch my sentinel back to mag/rad/heat, (when with nourish), because then at least it does work, and continue using molt efficiency instead.

I'm not sure, if it's current state is bugged, but I would like to think so.

• Like 2

vor 59 Minuten schrieb VENDOMINUS:

Got around to testing arcane ice storm and I'm a bit disappointed.

Almost all arcanes that trigger from effects, trigger from all sources coming from the player that match their conditions, including effects caused by their sentinel. Exceptions being melee influence and now ice storm. This makes the arcane quite a bit worse, than initially thought. Since you have to now build and use your weapons for it (or be Frost), it really limits the use of the arcane. Since it's better to use the time you spend freezing enemies to kill the whole room. With normal builds getting things frozen is also an issue, unless you're using specific weapons.

Stacks don't get properly received from enemies that are frozen from chained beams, and you also can get stacks from things your chained beams froze. That together with all stacks disappearing in one go make the arcane clunky in it's current state.

I'll personally switch my sentinel back to mag/rad/heat, (when with nourish), because then at least it does work, and continue using molt efficiency instead.

I'm not sure, if it's current state is bugged, but I would like to think so.

in any case, thanks for testing.
I wanted to buy it early. but if that's the case, then the thing makes no sense at all and is actually absolutely awful.

The biggest problem, imo, is that the Arcane only triggers when you freeze the enemy yourself and doesn't include your companion. So, if you give the enemy 9 stacks but your companion gives the enemy the last stack, the Arcane won't trigger. This applies to other sources of cold, which would be your teammates as well.

It struggles to included enemies that were thawed and frozen again as well.

If you're running Tenet Glaxion or Kuva Nukor modded for Cold, you can consistently keep the Arcane active (unless you run into Frost) but that's only thanks to these two weapons having enemy chaining and ridiculously high Status Chance.