The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Boreal Archon Hunt Switched to Nira this Week to avoid Crashes & Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We have swapped this week’s Boreal Archon Hunt to Nira as a temporary means to prevent Clients from crashing during the fight. 

We want to honor this week’s Azure Shard reward, so while the UI now shows the Amber Archon Shard, the Azure Shard will still be rewarded upon completing this week’s Archon Hunt.* 

*Clarification on Tauforged chance percentage with the switch: The percentage towards Tauforged is still Boreal. Which means that if you get a Tauforged Azure Archon Shard it will reset for Boreal. 

Why the Switch? 
We noticed a big influx of Client crashes once the Archon Hunt reset occurred this week. Upon investigating we discovered that this was due to the Aerolyst enemies that spawn in the Boreal fight. Unfortunately, we are only able to fully resolve these crashes via code which requires a Cert update (meaning we cannot Hotfix this issue). So for the time being, Boreal will not be making a re-appearance until we can get the crash fixed. 

This Client crash also impacts Orphix missions, as Aerolysts spawn there as well. There is no similar workaround at this time, but seeing as it does not impact Hosts you are able to run the mission solo without risk of hitting this crash. 

Next Steps:
Since we’ll be unable to fix the crashes before Boreal’s next scheduled return on the week of July 14th, Amar will be subbed in instead with its expected Crimson Archon Shard reward. 

In addition, we will also have an Azure Archon Shard alert live on all platforms that week in light of Boreal’s absence. This alert will require you to have the Veilbreaker Quest completed, as is the requirement to access Archon Hunts! 

We will share exact dates and times of when you can expect that alert closer to that week. 

Thank you, Tenno! Happy Archon hunting! 

07/10/24 EDIT:
The aforementioned Azure Archon Shard alert will be available from this upcoming Weekly Reset (Occurring on July 14th, 8pm E.T.) until July 23rd at 6pm E.T.
As previously mentioned, it will be available to all players who have completed the Veilbreaker quest.

Edited by [DE]Juice
Added Alert information
  • Like 39

Well, glad to know it wasn’t just my internet or something when my friends kept crashing. We managed to finish the mission second time with only one guy crashing - who was able to rejoin after the archon died and successfully got the shard.

going to be fun getting two archon shards in a few weeks heh. Thanks DE!

So, will the fix for this now include fixing the fishing issue. I understand that it's a low priority fix, but it would be great if that could happen at the same time. Not being allowed to aim while fishing really bites!

No matter the answer, thank you all for all that you do!!!

16 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This Client crash also impacts Orphix missions, as Aerolysts spawn there as well. There is no similar workaround at this time, but seeing as it does not impact Hosts you are able to run the mission solo without risk of hitting this crash. 

considering how unsoloable Orphix is this is kinda sad, but thank for the hunt workaround nontheless

6 minutes ago, bylejaki said:

yo, thx for stealing my 80% chance for tauforge archon shard 

and that's a good point. does the tauforged chance still stay as the one one would have for the azure shard? I had 60% on boreal and now 40% on nira

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

50 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

We have swapped this week’s Boreal Archon Hunt to Nira as a temporary means to prevent Clients from crashing during the fight. 

We want to honor this week’s Azure Shard reward, so while the UI now shows the Amber Archon Shard, the Azure Shard will still be rewarded upon completing this week’s Archon Hunt. 

Why the Switch? 
We noticed a big influx of Client crashes once the Archon Hunt reset occurred this week. Upon investigating we discovered that this was due to the Aerolyst enemies that spawn in the Boreal fight. Unfortunately, we are only able to fully resolve these crashes via code which requires a Cert update (meaning we cannot Hotfix this issue). So for the time being, Boreal will not be making a re-appearance until we can get the crash fixed. 

Next Steps:
Since we’ll be unable to fix the crashes before Boreal’s next scheduled return on the week of July 14th, Amar will be subbed in instead with its expected Crimson Archon Shard reward. 

In addition, we will also have an Azure Archon Shard alert live on all platforms that week in light of Boreal’s absence. This alert will require you to have the Veilbreaker Quest completed, as is the requirement to access Archon Hunts! 

We will share exact dates and times of when you can expect that alert closer to that week. 

Thank you, Tenno! Happy Archon hunting! 

I was able to do the hunt without crashing, but I also don't see Boreal's adds since I do too much damage.

39 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

considering how unsoloable Orphix is this is kinda sad, but thank for the hunt workaround nontheless

"considering how bad Orphix is this is not sad, but thank for the hunt workaround nontheless" <- Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

So it's simply just a hunt against Nira in visuals/mission only? Not rewards?

Would be cool if we got both an amber and blue for it cause of this problem, just like the planned alert in 3 weeks, ngl.

Maybe run an alert for a week starting today with an Amber shard?

3 minutes ago, Void2258 said:

"considering how bad Orphix is this is not sad, but thank for the hunt workaround nontheless" <- Fixed it for you.

orphix is a neat mode it just scales far too harsh after the first few rounds and is almost impossible to play endless without a well coordinated team.

1 minute ago, Sprigatito420 said:

What a time to be crashing....

egks84k.png

contact support. they might be able to help you out on this one 🤞

Thank you so much! My console friends are also struggling with the particles that Jade leaves behind (why they are there i have no idea or what they do) if there could be a fix for this, such as: remove the left over particle that jade leaves behind as it doesnt seem to mean anything that would be ideal!

Great job, love the game!

12 minutes ago, Sibblet said:

Thank you so much! My console friends are also struggling with the particles that Jade leaves behind (why they are there i have no idea or what they do) if there could be a fix for this, such as: remove the left over particle that jade leaves behind as it doesnt seem to mean anything that would be ideal!

Great job, love the game!

I am on PC and I occasionally have issues with this. Also if the Jade decides to pick a warmer/brighter color, it is genuinely blinding because the particles are everywhere. Beyond that, I think Jade is perfect