The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade eximus sucks because of the intention implementing them.

14 hours ago, kuciol said:

the more you to make it some kind of achievment to play the bigger loser you are

So, the game should just be as easy, and therefore uninteresting and unchallenging as possible?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Thorham said:

So, the game should just be as easy, and therefore uninteresting and unchallenging as possible?

Thats the kind of game this is. It was never hard and never meant to be. You want challenging game go play ninja gaiden or something. Forcing something that just doesnt fit just so you could feed your superiority complex isnt the right way and being #$&(% about it definitely isnt.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Thats the kind of game this is. It was never hard and never meant to be. You want challenging game go play ninja gaiden or something. Forcing something that just doesnt fit just so you could feed your superiority complex isnt that right way.

This isn't Cookie Clicker, go play that. 

Your take is horrible, and you should be ashamed. I sincerely hope the devs never ever listen to voices like yours. 

Edited by Psianide73
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Psianide73 said:

Please leave, and never come back. 

No. You like it or not this is casual game, always was and will continue to be.

Edited by kuciol

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

just so you could feed your superiority complex

Superiority complex? Based on the very low amount of skill needed to handle Jade Eximus units? How absurd 🙄

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I have you on ignore, so whatever bs you're spouting, I can't read it. 

Otherwise I'd print out your replies and wipe my butt with them, that's all your opinion's worth. 

@kuciol

Edited by Psianide73
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Thorham said:

Superiority complex? Based on the very low amount of skill needed to handle Jade Eximus units? How absurd 🙄

Im not the one crying for "harder and challenging content" here.

@Psianide73 oh no a noname from internet has blocked me, i will never recover from this /s

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

Im not the one crying for "harder and challenging content" here.

I'm not either, but needing at least some amount of skill isn't a bad thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thorham said:

I'm not either, but needing at least some amount of skill isn't a bad thing.

In a game where Saryn, Volt, Mesa and Revenant exist? This is casual game. The only way to make it hard is by handicaping yourself. Thats fine becasue thats the kind of game warframe is.

6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

In a game where Saryn, Volt, Mesa and Revenant exist? This is casual game. The only way to make it hard is by handicaping yourself. Thats fine becasue thats the kind of game warframe is.

Then what's the problem exactly?

Just now, Thorham said:

That you're effectively arguing for Warframe to be as easy as possible.

Well im not, im arguing thats its fine as it is, easy as S#&$.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, kuciol said:

It was never hard and never meant to be.

Factually untrue. When the game first came out it was actually significantly more difficult than its peers in the third person shooter space (to the point where it genuinely wouldn't have been unfair to directly compare it to soulslikes), thanks to a variety of factors.

Enemies had more health overall with counterintuitive weakpoints, player mobility was more restricted, and it was often necessary to scavenge for health, ammo and energy mid mission due to those resources being significantly more limited.

To give an idea of just how much the game has changed, consider Excalibur's retired ability, Super Jump. As much as it gets memed on today as a "useless" ability, back when the game came out it genuinely had a niche, since we didn't have the bullet jump and our parkour abilities were reliant on the environment, it was often the best way to quickly move between the layers of an arena.

Warframe may have changed to become easier over time, but if you are trying to claim that it was "always" a casual experience, then you are objectively wrong.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 6

Just now, Corvid said:

Factually untrue. When the game first came out it was actually significantly more difficult than its peers in the third person shooter space (to the point where it genuinely wouldn't have been unfair to directly compare it to soulslikes), thanks to a variety of factors.

Enemies had more health overall with counterintuitive weakpoints, player mobility was more restricted, and it was often necessary to scavenge for health, ammo and energy mid mission due to those resources being significantly more limited.

Warframe may have changed to become easier over time, but if you are trying to claim that it was "always" a casual experience, then you are objectively wrong.

Im not, it was different for sure but still not hard. Maybe in closed beta it was as you say but later? Hell no.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Im not, it was different for sure but still not hard. Maybe in closed beta it was as you say but later? Hell no.

I'm talking about the period between closed beta and Update 17 (which introduced the current mobility system), since that's what I have personal experience with. During that time, Warframe was genuinely a difficult game relative to its peers.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm talking about the period between closed beta and Update 17 (which introduced the current mobility system), since that's what I have personal experience with. During that time, Warframe was genuinely a difficult game relative to its peers.

Trinity existed, Rhino existed, coptering existed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Trinity existed, Rhino existed, coptering existed.

The former two were weaker than their current incarnations by a hefty margin (Rhino didn't have his signature Roar back then, for instance, and both were still subject to the aforementioned ammo limitations), and while coptering was good if you needed a lot of horizontal speed in a straight line, it did precisely nothing to increase our combat power (in fact it reduced it, since the melee weapons best suited for coptering were among the weakest in terms of damage output. If you were coptering, you were effectively sacrificing your melee weapon slot in exchange for it).

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Not really though.

It was RNG dependent on how hard it was, especially pre U7.

Did you get a few good rolls at modifications you could stack in your weapon or frame?  (such as a dual health/shield modification at high percentage)  Then the game was trivially easy back then.

It was just far more random because modifications were entirely random as to what they had and what effects they had and you could stack them.
You could get unlucky and have modifications with "+30% health", while someone else has "+45% shields, +45% health" in a single modification, and multiples of said modification equipped.

Went even more so for your weapons (did you get armor ignoring, and back then all factions had armor at higher levels and grineer even had some shields, damage bonus modifications?  If so you could handle anything.  If not then you'll struggle).

22 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The former two were weaker than their current incarnations by a hefty margin (Rhino didn't have his signature Roar back then, for instance, and both were still subject to the aforementioned ammo limitations),

That is factually untrue for Trinity.

Remember Trinity used to have an infinite range full heal + invincibility covering the entire map, from whatever corner she was sitting in.
And it was trivial for her to keep her energy up in such situations of spamming it for constant map wide full invulnerability to the rest of the squad.

Trinity is no where near as powerful currently as she used to be when she was introduced.  And good luck trying to make anything "challenging" or "difficult" when blessing 1.0 was in the game.

And sure, Rhino had some oddities, where his stomp was two abilities (one for damage and one for the knock-up and freeze), but the duration of the room-wide CC (which ignored LOS and had a massive range back then) was quite a bit higher than it was now.

22 minutes ago, Corvid said:

since the melee weapons best suited for coptering were among the weakest in terms of damage output

I wouldn't call the dual zorens the "weakest" weapons.  Especially when they had Serrated Blade damage, which ignored all armor and dealt extra damage to a bunch of enemies.

It could quite comfortably handle things in teh game, but back then melee was just pointless since you only had fast melee attacks and no stances or anything else making it a much worse option than guns universally.

Serrated blade damage was only really outdone by forcefield damage, because while forcefield damage didn't ignore armor it did ragdoll nearly everything, including some bosses, and could insta-kill them with pits.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Not really though.

It was RNG dependent on how hard it was, especially pre U7.

Did you get a few good rolls at modifications you could stack in your weapon or frame?  (such as a dual health/shield modification at high percentage)  Then the game was trivially easy back then.

It was just far more random because modifications were entirely random as to what they had and what effects they had and you could stack them.
You could get unlucky and have modifications with "+30% health", while someone else has "+45% shields, +45% health" in a single modification, and multiples of said modification equipped.

Went even more so for your weapons.

The period I'm referring to was after the current card-based system was introduced. Which, for that matter, was also a fair bit harder to rank up for the higher-ranked mods since they had to be fused directly (or with fusion cores) rather than having a single unified currency. Trying to fuse with non-duplicates was significantly less efficient.

So even if players had a lot of the same mods as we have today, they were on average much lower in rank for anyone who wasn't grinding for cores.

And sure, Rhino had some oddities, where his stomp was two abilities (one for damage and one for the knock-up and freeze), but the duration of the room-wide CC (which ignored LOS and had a massive range back then) was quite a bit higher than it was now.

And all of this was reliant on having energy, which was far from guaranteed unless you had a Trinity in your squad.

I wouldn't call the dual zorens the "weakest" weapons.

Nor did I. I said they were among the weakest. And since attack speed was less useful for melee combat back then (due to stamina being a thing) but essential for coptering, you still had to sacrifice combat effectiveness.

since you only had fast melee attacks and no stances or anything else

There were also charged attacks, which are what made the Galatine so dominant back in the day.

Either way, the broader point still stands. The game was more challenging overall back then, even if there were a few ways to break it.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The game was more challenging overall back then

Again this was largely RNG dependent based on mods.

Early U7 the mods were "faction coded" so some factions had a higher chance to drop mods of a certain type than other factions.  Which left some important mods (health/energy namely) with the infested, which weren't fought for a while on the starchart.  The only other reliable source for the vitality mod was doing low level defense missions and hoping for it as your wave 20 reward.

Did not having any way to increase your health/energy for a long time make the game "more challenging"?  Somewhat...but I wouldn't really call it a good way to challenge people.

I mean that's like claiming "Oh warframe can be a brutally hard game, you just have to not equip any mods and go into EDA and you'll see how hard it is!"
And by that standard current day warframe is quite a bit harder than back then.

But once you got your basic mods set up and going the warframe experience back then wasn't really that much harder than the warframe experience that new players face currently.  It was a different type of experience, but it wasn't really harder or more challenging.

Even if you didn't have them maxed out (such as missing the numerous bugs that gave out free R10 health/shield mods to players) with the enemy variety and density being so much lower than it is today (remember, back then high level exterminates had only 40-60 enemies that needed to die) didn't really make it that hard for someone with an R4-R5 vitality to finish the entirety of the starchart...which was all that they had back then.

Edited by Tsukinoki

You are arguing ancient times when Warframe wasnt even 1/10th as popular as it is now. Even if it was hard as balls that time it changes nothing. There is no point in introducing challenging content now when 99% of players dont care about it. Thats the current playerbase. Poeple rarely stay even 1 full rotation in survival modes. On top of it being a D about "being better" is just childish. Its PvE coop game afterall, you gain nothing by being better.