Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any chance for a Chroma Rework?

When I crafted Chroma Prime, I was really disappointed because I've always loved dragons and thought dragons were always cool. But I never felt like it had the fantasy of actually being a dragon which is what I thought Chroma was supposed to be. I was very underwhelmed by him because he never felt like he was fulfilling the dragon fantasy that you were supposed to have. We have so many flying waframes. Titania, Hildryn, Jade, among others. Why can't the Dragon Warframe have that dragon fantasy and fly like the other flying warframes? But still has the tank fantasy that he has. 

I just feel that the fantasy of being a dragon isn't there. Voruna has the wolf fantasy. Why can't Chroma have his dragon fantasy? 

• Like 1

Because that's not what Chroma is. He's not a "Dragon Frame" but more of a "Dragon Powered Frame". That's why his 4 sheds the pelt (literally the dragon part) and has it function more like an actual dragon.

What you're asking for is a different frame, not a Chroma rework.

Also I wouldn't go mention Voruna. Her kit/theme/gender gets some people really bothered for the same reason.

Likely no because even with two functioning skills he's strong. Been like that since he was released.

He is at very least a tribute to dragons. His name is a reference to Chromatic Dragons from D&D and his Elements reflect the 4 main Chromatic dragons. He also has the treasure theme for Effigy and obviously has a breath weapon like dragons in D&D. They just failed at incorporating any of that well.

Instead he's a weapon platform. A good one. So whatever.

On 2024-06-28 at 10:59 PM, Xzorn said:

Likely no because even with two functioning skills he's strong. Been like that since he was released.

He is at very least a tribute to dragons. His name is a reference to Chromatic Dragons from D&D and his Elements reflect the 4 main Chromatic dragons. He also has the treasure theme for Effigy and obviously has a breath weapon like dragons in D&D. They just failed at incorporating any of that well.

Instead he's a weapon platform. A good one. So whatever.

I will admit, Chroma is one of the easiest Warframes to fix.

- His Passive should focus on giving him more Energy Orb drops, or innate healing. Either works really, but I'd prefer healing so keeping Effigy alive is easier. Maybe something like each different base Element Proc (so Toxin or Cold) on a killed enemy heals you by a set percentage. Just keep the extra jump, I like it.

- Make Spectral Scream guarantee an extra proc for every enemy hit, up to 5. Since we can melee with it active now it's a great passive proc ability, it's just a little slow. Make Effigy spew out an actual second Spectral Scream while active, increasing the cap to 10.

- Elemental Ward needs some basic additions like increasing Heat's Status Chance with strength and changing Electric to a higher percentage increase at base. If you cast Effigy, it should retain the last element used so you can benefit from multiple elements, but only two at a time to balance it. Cold and Heat don't make any sense to separate as an example.

- Vex Armor doesn't need anything really, but I'll just say it needs its Augment and Spectral Screams Augment to get buffed for obvious reasons. 

- Effigy really just needs to be a set duration ability considering how energy-hungry Chroma is. Make it act like a Sentinel that just follows Chroma around, remove the Armor halving and keep the speed boost at a higher percentage to nullify the halved speed from Spectral Scream. Have it pop up on the UI as a Companion, and if you want it to be autonomous, use the Augment.

He really isn't that bad, his kit is just a little nonsensical and could use a touch-up.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

On 2024-06-28 at 10:59 PM, Xzorn said:

and his Elements reflect the 4 main Chromatic dragons

It's a real stretch to claim Black Dragons aren't "one of the main dragons"

They had to leave black out because they ran out of elements, not because black dragons are wannabe chumps