Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we undo all the nerfs now that damage has changed so dramatically?

Heard that damage had been updated, logged in to get AK, went for a run with my Zarr and Aegrit, Both still suck on Steel Path, i run out of ammo faster than i can kill.

I imagine Ogris isn;t doing much better, can DE either undue the Damage or the Ammo nerfs or just refund me resources if they're going to make weapons unplayable and act like they fixed them.

Personally, I never had any problems with the Zarr in Steel Path.  When the ammo adjustments occurred back in the day, I quickly learned that I couldn't just shoot every individual enemy, and instead started using it only on clusters of enemies.  With that slight change, I didn't have any issues with ammo.  I was also using a high-end build with Hunter Munitions, which allowed me to bypass armor.

As long as you've got a solution for armor and use the Zarr to precisely take out groups of enemies rather than individuals, I'm guessing the Zarr should still work for you.  Though I can't say for sure, as there may be more differences between our builds and play styles that would be meaningful.

I've been running with the Kuva Ogris lately, and yeah it's a bit annoying, especially in lower-density missions. Still, using Arcane Dexterity and a good Melee usually lets me keep killing individual enemies to regain more ammo.

End of the day, the point is that extremely powerful AoE weapons shouldn't be as comfortable to use as a single-target assault rifle.

On 2024-07-23 at 5:16 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I never had any problems with the Zarr in Steel Path.  When the ammo adjustments occurred back in the day, I quickly learned that I couldn't just shoot every individual enemy, and instead started using it only on clusters of enemies.  With that slight change, I didn't have any issues with ammo.  I was also using a high-end build with Hunter Munitions, which allowed me to bypass armor.

As long as you've got a solution for armor and use the Zarr to precisely take out groups of enemies rather than individuals, I'm guessing the Zarr should still work for you.  Though I can't say for sure, as there may be more differences between our builds and play styles that would be meaningful.

If you want a rifle to be viable on steel path, all you need is a eximus damage multiplier and applicable Galvinized mods, I have been saying this since the nerf, there is no work around, AOE weapons are inherently better and the only way to make people want to play other weapons is to weaken them. However the people at Digital Extremes aren't good at balancing, i don't want to have to play a specific "OP BUILD 2024" just for my weapons to function like they did 3 years ago, and if that is what they want why even nerf it to begin with? 

If i want to play a proper shooter i'll play halo infinite, it's not the best game ever but it is a far better experience if im going to be stuck shooting conventional weapons as gameplay  and hey their rockets still autokill like in real life. Honestly i know they'll never change it back so i just want them to delete my Kuva Zarr, Ogris, Bramma, Aegrit and Kulstar and give me plat.