Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The prime problem

Can we please be allowed to use the non-prime appearance of our prime weapons, just like with the prime frames. 

There are a bunch of weapons i can name where i like the non prime look more than the prime, or atleast would like to be able to use without sacrificing the prime stats.

Please and thanks

• Like 6

Proposed many times, unlikely to hapen

There is miniscule difference between Prime and non prime frame - it has same abilities and stats for those abilities essentially. Prime, variant and normal weapon tend to vary in stats way more, sometimes with completely different mechanics (eg. radiant attacks), you can use custom Rifle/Pistol/Weapon class skins (although Incarnon will overwrite them).

31 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Proposed many times, unlikely to hapen

There is miniscule difference between Prime and non prime frame - it has same abilities and stats for those abilities essentially. Prime, variant and normal weapon tend to vary in stats way more, sometimes with completely different mechanics (eg. radiant attacks), you can use custom Rifle/Pistol/Weapon class skins (although Incarnon will overwrite them).

Exactly. Which is why it makes it harder to use the non prime variant of a weapon without seeing a drastic difference in performance. Hence the entire point of the request

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KRYPTR0N said:

Exactly.

What I mean, is that usiing normal skiiin for prime frame does not technically deceive anyone, but using normal skin of a prime a weapon is like using a case from classic guitar to hold electric one. Technically it is doable, but it just doesnt fit. Those are two different weapons with different dispo, stats and effects.

Edited by Zakkhar

yes please

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

not relevant, it's a skin

10 minutes ago, Quest said:

not relevant, it's a skin

Yes, the thing that is one of main sources of profit for developers in F2P games. Why give a free one if you can make custom pointy, glinty, superduper paid one?

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Yes, the thing that is one of main sources of profit for developers in F2P games. Why give a free one if you can make custom pointy, glinty, superduper paid one?

i don't know if you know this or not but you can farm prime weapons for free, there's a great article about it

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Relic

being allowed to use the normal skin wouldn't change anything as the weapon was already either purchased or farmed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quest said:

being allowed to use the normal skin wouldn't change anything

Seems it would totally change something considering how avidly you advocate about it and how coldly DE completely ignores you. Prime weapon = Prime or custom skin. Normal weapon = normal or custom skin. Incarnon = Incarnon skin trumps all. I do not even think you need an article about it.

23 minutes ago, Quest said:

being allowed to use the normal skin wouldn't change anything as the weapon was already either purchased or farmed

Probably what they're trying to say is that DE may not want to do this because it could detract from the appeal of "free" weapon skins and the sales of paid ones.   For example, if somebody likes the appearance of Karyst just fine but thinks Karyst Prime is the ugliest thing in the nine hells, they'd be less incentivized to acquire the Teng Dagger skin if they could just cover it up Karyst Prime with base Karyst's skin.

I have no idea if that's part of DE motivations or not, but it's not implausible.  If it is, I'd just say that I'd be considerably more excited by a lot of prime releases if I had the option of using regular skins.   Apparently Orokin designs are often not to my taste, lol.   There are also some weapons that have no skins available, paid or not, so getting access to the base version would be a nice improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Seems it would totally change something considering how avidly you advocate about it and how coldly DE completely ignores you.

making 2 posts that take 30 seconds to write is avidly advocating for something

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Probably what they're trying to say is that DE may not want to do this because it could detract from the appeal of "free" weapon skins and the sales of paid ones.   For example, if somebody likes the appearance of Karyst just fine but thinks Karyst Prime is the ugliest thing in the nine hells, they'd be less incentivized to acquire the Teng Dagger skin if they could just cover it up Karyst Prime with base Karyst's skin.

i guess that could be possible

5 hours ago, Quest said:

making 2 posts that take 30 seconds to write is avidly advocating for something

I do not say you as a person, but you in general. This is not the first topic about this, you know.

19 hours ago, KRYPTR0N said:

Can we please be allowed to use the non-prime appearance of our prime weapons, just like with the prime frames. 

There are a bunch of weapons i can name where i like the non prime look more than the prime, or atleast would like to be able to use without sacrificing the prime stats.

Please and thanks

Not impossible but difficult: Prime Warframes have the standard Warframe skin because the game bugged out and loaded normal skins as an actual skin. DE adopted the bug and turned it into a feature.

Weapons on the other hand never had this happen, and the way the game is coded makes it difficult sadly.

On 2024-07-25 at 9:12 AM, NightmareT12 said:

Not impossible but difficult: Prime Warframes have the standard Warframe skin because the game bugged out and loaded normal skins as an actual skin. DE adopted the bug and turned it into a feature.

Weapons on the other hand never had this happen, and the way the game is coded makes it difficult sadly.

So i just gotta hope the game bugs out again. Nice

On 2024-07-24 at 11:35 PM, Zakkhar said:

People would still buy the paid ones because they're absolutely sick. But having the option between prime and non-prime look is also nice. Idk maybe they could come out with non prime skins that cost like 20-30 plat, if they're worried about their bread

The best solution (not the easiest) is to tie variant skins to weapon mastery. There should be no reason why, between the umpteen different Cernos variants, I cannot use the Rakta skin on Cernos Prime. This type of request has been tossed around for years, and the player-base has come up with more solutions than any detractor has with a reason why it simply should not be. Coding may be a challenge, but they managed to make Railjack function. They've only themselves to blame for sloppy coding if the task is so unmanageable.