The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Status Mods a la Radiation Mods introduced in Whispers in the Walls

21 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

I think it would be appropriate to introduce, at the very least a Gas Mod set so that Blast + Gas and other currently impossible combinations can be feasible especially considering Gas is probably the biggest loser of the status rework. That said, if anyone is worried about "b-b-b-but muh balance, muh challenge!!111!1!"" remember that Heat+Viral+Slash exists.  No, but seriously, just raise the mod cost to like 16 at max rank or something.

Both Gas and Blast are way to powerful to allow them to mix with viral or Corrosive on a single weapon. Both love high powered, single shot/heavy strike weapons and I can't even imagine a one shot Blast+Magnetic+Bane on a shielded enemy. 😂 

I think they may have chosen radiation because it doesn't have any damage boosting prices. If anything, radiation is basically an instant CC add to the weapon. Every other proc has a potentially high damage effect.

• Like 1

Eh, more combination element mods would just be more damage in the end. At this point that just sounds really boring. 

Personally I'd rather see mods that modify statuses or offer alt methods of procing them like Internal Bleeding. Anything other than more "number go up" mods.

Or at least merging the ideas. Like a +Gas mod that also increases the stack count at the cost of radius or that gives Gas a chance to proc something else under some conditional. 

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, trst said:

Eh, more combination element mods would just be more damage in the end. At this point that just sounds really boring. 

Personally I'd rather see mods that modify statuses or offer alt methods of procing them like Internal Bleeding. Anything other than more "number go up" mods.

Or at least merging the ideas. Like a +Gas mod that also increases the stack count at the cost of radius or that gives Gas a chance to proc something else under some conditional. 

Yeah, some corrupted IPS mods would be cool. +200% Impact -100% Piercing etc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

Thanks for derailing my first ever topic, meta nerds 😆

Anytime :cool:

But back to your OP.... I would love new combined element mods, even if they're comprised of the weakest element. Because radiation is literally the worse status in the game when you don't want it, and I desperately need that final status for certain Manifold Bond set ups I have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ominumi said:

Yes i would like to have Blast, Gas, and Heat onto one weapon. Then have Nourish for Viral while having another form of Slash somehow. 

I agree with the first sentence hard disagree with the second. Guys, guys guys; the real reason for my post is that I want alternative level cap combinations to the Viral+Slash meta. For example, DE missed the mark IMHO by not giving some synergy between Cold + Impact. I had an idea earlier that an enemy hit withnimpact once frozen at max Cold stacks should have a CHANCE to instantly shatter regardless of remaining health. This would compete with the infinite heat inherit and slash bleed DoTS by having a CHANCE to kill instantly.

5 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Yeah, some corrupted IPS mods would be cool. +200% Impact -100% Piercing etc

I like this idea, would serve as a nice alternative to rivens as well for weapons you really want to mod without breaking the bank to the tune of 10910094874673752722^10k plat from some Wolf of Warframe market scumbag.

4 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

I agree with the first sentence hard disagree with the second. Guys, guys guys; the real reason for my post is that I want alternative level cap combinations to the Viral+Slash meta. For example, DE missed the mark IMHO by not giving some synergy between Cold + Impact. I had an idea earlier that an enemy hit withnimpact once frozen at max Cold stacks should have a CHANCE to instantly shatter regardless of remaining health. This would compete with the infinite heat inherit and slash bleed DoTS by having a CHANCE to kill instantly.

They didn't miss the mark with cold+impact though. In fact, they nailed it. Think about this: A slowed or frozen heavy enemy, that also has enough impact procs to trigger a parazon finisher, means a fast kill that could provide anything from health recover, energy, blind, ammo or whatever combo of parazon mods you have that triggers on finishers. It's pretty close to the kill speed of any slash combo. Complete enemy incapacitation AND bonuses on top sounds like a really nice combo to me.

47 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

They didn't miss the mark with cold+impact though. In fact, they nailed it. Think about this: A slowed or frozen heavy enemy, that also has enough impact procs to trigger a parazon finisher, means a fast kill that could provide anything from health recover, energy, blind, ammo or whatever combo of parazon mods you have that triggers on finishers. It's pretty close to the kill speed of any slash combo. Complete enemy incapacitation AND bonuses on top sounds like a really nice combo to me.

True, I actually love impact for that reason. I dont know why DPS meta slaves insist on sleeping on the idea of killing an enemy WITHOUT having to deplete its ridiculous health pool. But to each, his own.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

Because of kuva/tenet weapons, it's easy to have innate element of choice onto a weapon. With these secondary element mods, it's easier to stack lots of element while still be able to have the old viral/slash on them. Making the new meta just basically the same. 

2 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

Tangentially, what's the general consensus on the status rework? You guys think its in a good spot, would you like to see more tweaks, or more of an overhaul close to the previous build???

I think it's in a great spot. It's rewarding for those who learn the "why's" of the procs and overall effectiveness of each element. The gas rework, for example, has always had a secret cult following despite being called the weakest element. When Rebecca famously said "We're not changing gas since it's already too powerful. And for those who know, you KNOW", she wasn't joking. 

I'm especially impressed with cold and magnetic. The amount of options and tactics for these are fantastic. At this point, I don't really want them to tweak the status procs and further. 

22 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

I'm especially impressed with cold and magnetic. The amount of options and tactics for these are fantastic. At this point, I don't really want them to tweak the status procs and further. 

Yeah, magnetic is my personal fave always has been really in terms of potential and in theory. I like to use it with secondary fortifier not as a DPS butr utility for Overgurad survivability on squishy frames with no natural DR abilities.