Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Blueprints from Requiem Relics

Voltage

One gripe many players share with adversaries is the requirement to apply 5 Forma to receive the extra 1,000 Mastery Experience from each weapon. As we continue to see more weapons added and Infested adversaries are on the horizon, I propose the Ayatan Amber Star is replaced with a Forma Blueprint in the common rewards. This would give value to running Requiem Relics as a Forma blueprint farming method and would supplement the adversary weapon system. Forma is also a component to crafting Exilus Weapon Adapters, which are the rare reward from Requiem Relics.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

One gripe many players share with adversaries is the requirement to apply 5 Forma to receive the extra 1,000 Mastery Experience from each weapon.

This is entirely optional and completely not worth it. I have done that zero times for weapons, most I got to is 3 for weapons I actually use. I even skipped the LVL 10 Gunnery intrisics. I am LR4 without any problems.

You are making your own problems and then seek solutions to them. Stop it, get some help.

As for you solution, please do not dilute the loot tables any more.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Forma is also a component to crafting Exilus Weapon Adapters

BPs are also buyable from Syndicates, should Formas be too? #logic

PS: You can buy prebuilt Exilus Weapon Adapter fom Acrithis for 20 Pathos Clamps once a week.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, quxier said:

No, you have already tons of forma from normal relics. And Ayatans can be sold forma... not.

Ayatan Amber Stars are actually worthless. I'm sitting at 1,342 after maxing all my sculptures and that's all from normal gameplay over the years. I even have more Amber than Cyan because Amber is used in bounty drop tables and other locations.

57 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

This is entirely optional and completely not worth it. I have done that zero times for weapons, most I got to is 3 for weapons I actually use. I even skipped the LVL 10 Gunnery intrisics. I am LR4 without any problems.

Mastery Rank is core progression. If you wish to ignore that, that's fine for you, but the game encourages you to eventually max it out. You can't fall behind "it's optional" for everything just because video games are an entertainment medium. We're not talking about cosmetics, we're talking about loot progression in a looter shooter.

You are making your own problems and then seek solutions to them. Stop it, get some help.

I'm sympathizing with other players to add value to Requiem Relics. Requiem Relics have little to no value if you have a couple duplicates of each Requiem Mod.

I don't actually need Forma, Exilus Adapters or Requiem Relics myself:

5yNouPU.png

KImAr88.jpg

As for you solution, please do not dilute the loot tables any more.

How would this be diluting the loot tables? You'd replace the undeniably useless Ayatan Amber Star reward under the common drop table for these Relics for a Forma blueprint. There would be no change to any other drop chances. The only thing that would change is increasing the value of Requiem Relics to be used as a Forma farm. You'd also have a valuable evergreen reward as a fall-back when you get unlucky farming Requiem Mods. Currently a bad luck run of Requiem Fissures gives you 1200 Kuva at best, which is just a third of a Riven reroll.

54 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

BPs are also buyable from Syndicates, should Formas be too? #logic

Are you being intentionally disingenous? I brought up Exilus Adapters to show how a Forma blueprint reward would also compliment the other rewards from the Relic on top of the initial statement that it would benefit the adversary weapon farm. What you're saying is a complete strawman.

54 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

PS: You can buy prebuilt Exilus Weapon Adapter fom Acrithis for 20 Pathos Clamps once a week.

I just recently bought 200 Exilus Adapters to unlock the slot on all Melee weapons for 4000 Platinum. I literally don't care to spend 30 minutes a week for a single one, nor do I need these myself.

The entire point of this thread is to increase the value of Requiem Relics with a simple change that compliments the existing system the Relic is apart of. More options are always appreciated by players, especially when there is such a sink for Forma within the adversary system (that will soon be expanded to the Infested faction).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

One gripe many players share with adversaries is the requirement to apply 5 Forma to receive the extra 1,000 Mastery Experience from each weapon. As we continue to see more weapons added and Infested adversaries are on the horizon, I propose the Ayatan Amber Star is replaced with a Forma Blueprint in the common rewards. This would give value to running Requiem Relics as a Forma blueprint farming method and would supplement the adversary weapon system. Forma is also a component to crafting Exilus Weapon Adapters, which are the rare reward from Requiem Relics.

I love this suggestion.  Sometimes, when I have nothing else to do in Warframe but want to run a quick fissure, the only exterminate is a Requiem fissure.  And I just don't want any of those rewards.  Putting forma in would give me a way to make a dent in my Requiem relic pile.

36 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Maybe keep this needless hostility to yourself and consider that others' experiences with the game may differ from your own.

37 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

As for you solution, please do not dilute the loot tables any more

This isn't dilution, it's a 1-to-1 replacement.  Are you finding yourself in need of amber stars?  I've run hundreds of Requiem relics, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone choose the amber star as their reward.

35 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Two quick Duviri runs to get 20 pathos clamps take way more time than a Requiem fissure, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.

• Like 4

Hypocrisy much?

5 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

consider that others' experiences with the game may differ from your own.

Are you finding yourself in need of amber stars?  I've run hundreds of Requiem relics, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone choose the amber star as their reward.

40 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Two quick Duviri runs to get 20 pathos clamps take way more time than a Requiem fissure, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.

And how long takes building a Forma and then building an Exilus Weapon Adapter from that Forma? Also it must be at least two Requiem Fissures because you cant chose two rewards at the same time. At least because while pathos clams are guaranteed, chances that you get exactly 1 forma (if it were an option) and exactly 1 Exilus weapon adapter from two runs are quite slim.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

And how long takes building a Forma and then building an Exilkus Weapon Adapter from that Forma?

You brought up Acrithis, which has a one week time-gate. Crafting a Forma and then an Adapter is only 2 days, not 7. Also, Acrithis is an alternative option, which is good, hence the point of this thread. Your example of an alternative proves my point that replacing the Amber Star for a Forma blueprint within a Requiem Relic would be an additional option that benefits the game. Ayatan Amber Stars are already trivial to earn from normal missions as well as other drop tables. There's a reason I brought up the single Ayatan Amber Star reward and not the 1200 Kuva or the Riven Sliver.

EDIT:

10 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Also it must be at least two Requiem Fissures because you cant chose two rewards at the same time. At least because while pathos clams are guaranteed, chances that you get exactly 1 forma (if it were an option) and exactly 1 Exilus weapon adapter from two runs are quite slim.

You can do several Requiem Dakata Exterminate Fissures in the time it takes to kill one Steel Path Orowyrm (which isn't even enough for that Adapter at Acrithis mind you). I still don't understand your vehement need to shoot this idea down when it has absolutely no downsides whatsoever.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:
21 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Hypocrisy much?

Well, are you in short supply of amber stars or not?

I am. 

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Requiem Relics have little to no value if you have a couple duplicates of each Requiem Mod.

Then do not run them?

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Then do not run them?

I currently don't. That's why I'm making a suggestion that would breath life into running them, even if you've completed the adversary system with all weapons and Ephemeras.

• Like 3

il y a 36 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

il y a 36 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

If I don't consider it a problem for me, then it's a problem for nobody. That's it, that's what you sound like right there. Who's in need for help really I wonder... 🙄

Ayatan Stars become worthless eventually. Formas are always a common daily necessity (if you're actually into the game). The difference isn't some marginal stuff either, we're talking Endo vs something you require to make a proper build. Yes Endo is valuable early on, but once your mods are upgraded, they stay upgraded, permanently, and you can use them on everything. Meanwhile, every new update guns and frames drop in the arsenal for you to fully upgrade with potatoes and formas.

If you're going to invest time in this game and collect every weapon and give them a sufficient dose of formas, as well as warframes and other things you can forma (such as archguns, archwings and necramechs, pets and sentinels), you would require well above 1600 formas (I tried to do an estimate with 4 formas on average (WHICH IS VERY GENEROUS BY THE WAY CONSIDERING SOME ITEMS COME WITH NO POLARITIES AT ALL) but also went on with having no "extra" variants of a same weapon (basically, only the "strongest" version of a weapon, so like, Prime only, if available, else Wraith/Dex/Vandal/Prisma/Kuva/Tenet)). No need to go to such lengths to get the mastery point, sure, but that's not the whole point of formas, now is it?

Ayatan Amber rewards on requiem relics are as worthless as Riven Slivers in them and neither should be in them anymore. The only things that are remotely interesting out of these relics are the Kuva, the Requiem Mods and Exilus Adapter blueprints (which by the way, YOU GUESSED IT, COST BUILT FORMAS (and you only need about 450 of them if you're a min-maxer, which I didn't include in previous calculations)).

Hell, even argon would be more valuable from these, and it decays. That's how useless ayatan stars are.

il y a 17 minutes, sunderthefirmament a dit :

il y a 4 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

I am.

Open crates and boxes then 😵

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I am. 

Wow!  Forgive my incredulity, but hovering over your profile icon indicates you started playing/joined the forums just a few months after me.  Now obviously that doesn't tell us anything about your hours in game, but I find that as you work your way through the mastery ranks and experience the content that this game offers, you're likely to amass more ayatans and stars to fill them than you'll ever really need.  It's certainly possible to outstrip DE's pace of adding new primed mods, for instance.

If you'll allow me two pieces of unsolicited advice, I'd be happy to share them with you.

1. Add a max range crate-popping frame to your semi-regular rotation.  Xaku and Maim-Equinox can instantly expose ayatan stars.
  2. Consider constructive criticism of someone's idea before telling them to "get help," which can be perceived as rude or hostile.  I'll provide an example below.

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I still don't understand your vehement need to shoot this idea down when it has absolutely no downsides whatsoever.

Voltage, it's possible that a new dedicated source of forma might make forma a little too easily acquired for DE's taste.  We do know that forma sales are one of their main sources of money.  Do you think your suggestion would hurt their bottom line, or is it similar enough to how we already acquire forma that it shouldn't matter?

Edited by sunderthefirmament
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Voltage, it's possible that a new dedicated source of forma might make forma a little too easily acquired for DE's taste.  We do know that forma sales are one of their main sources of money.  Do you think your suggestion would hurt their bottom line, or is it similar enough to how we already acquire forma that it shouldn't matter?

I don't believe so, because Requiem Relics themselves are only earned within the ecosystem of adversaries and Kuva Siphons/Floods. Most of the reason many players have so many Requiem Relics is because they snowball them while taking down their nemesis, but they're never inclined to really use them (assuming they have a few of each Requiem Mod. If these Relics acted as a way to farm Forma post-adversary completion, players would burn through their Relics and run out. If we compare that to normal Relics, it's very easy to have thousands of total cumulative Relics that have Forma within their drop table. I also suggested Forma blueprint specifically because it would still have to be crafted. If the Forma was built already in a Relic drop table, then I could absolutely agree with the counter-argument that this provide an easy avenue to bypass Forma purchases.

Forma also has many sinks outside of creating gear builds as well. I see where you are coming from with the hypothetical, but I don't believe it would have a detrimental impact on the value of farming/spending Platinum on Forma bundles. If the monetization for these wasn't sustainable, DE would be making more adjustments to the Market, how many polarities new weapons come with (especially Exilus slots), and recipe crafting.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

il y a 8 minutes, sunderthefirmament a dit :

Do you think your suggestion would hurt their bottom line, or is it similar enough to how we already acquire forma that it shouldn't matter?

I know this question ain't for me, but I'll answer it nonetheless : Even if you give players more sources of forma blueprints, things will remain unchanged : it still takes 23 hours to build one, and it still costs the same amount of plats to rush them. As long as you do not change this, forma sales won't be so drastically impacted.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Add a max range crate-popping frame to your semi-regular rotation.  Xaku and Maim-Equinox can instantly expose ayatan stars.

I did not say I am in desperate need of those stars. Only that I have more Statues than Stars to socket in them.

15 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Consider constructive criticism of someone's idea before telling them to "get help," which can be perceived as rude or hostile. 

Read my statement again, because you may have missed the constructive critism in first paragraph. Everything can be considered as rude and hostile. If we were to pander to everyone, we wouldnt dare to do anything out of fear that it may offend someone. 

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I don't believe so, because Requiem Relics themselves are only earned within the ecosystem of adversaries and Kuva Siphons/Floods. Most of the reason many players have so many Requiem Relics is because they snowball them while taking down their nemesis, but they're never inclined to really use them (assuming they have a few of each Requiem Mod. If these Relics acted as a way to farm Forma post-adversary completion, players would burn through their Relics and run out. If we compare that to normal Relics, it's very easy to have thousands of total cumulative Relics that have Forma within their drop table. I also suggested Forma blueprint specifically because it would still have to be crafted. If the Forma was built already in a Relic drop table, then I could absolutely agree with the counter-argument that this provide an easy avenue to bypass Forma purchases.

Forma also has many sinks outside of creating gear builds as well. I see where you are coming from with the hypothetical, but I don't believe it would have a detrimental impact on the value of farming/spending Platinum on Forma bundles. 

DE doesn't always love when we can "double dip" or be too efficient.  I wonder if one reason forma weren't originally included was because lich weapons function as a forma sink.  Depleting a player's forma reserves so they are more likely to purchase more isn't as effective when the process through which they acquire the forma sink also spits out forma blueprints.

To be clear, I support your suggestion and don't think it would cut into DE's bottom line.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

DE doesn't always love when we can "double dip" or be too efficient.  I wonder if one reason forma weren't originally included was because lich weapons function as a forma sink.  Depleting a player's forma reserves so they are more likely to purchase more isn't as effective when the process through which they acquire the forma sink also spits out forma blueprints.

Maybe, but we can't sit here assuming what DE's intentions were or if they even remembered to consider adding Forma blueprints there. Also, Melee Exilus slots weren't a thing back then. We now have over 600 unique weapons that can use those adapters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

We now have over 600 unique weapons that can use those adapters.

And installing all 600 is optional, unworthy and unhealthy, just like formaing every Kuva/Tenet weapon 5 times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

And installing all 600 is optional, unworthy and unhealthy, just like formaing every Kuva/Tenet weapon 5 times.

Build optimization is an extremely long-term goal within the game's context of power progression. Also, we keep seeing content that utilizes randomized loadouts, so these do play a part in progression. Racing to apply one to everything in the game isn't a requirement or expectation, but slowly applying them to your wider arsenal is how they're intended to function, just like Arcane Adapters.

Using the word "optional" so loosely is just a weak argument because you're relying on the semantics and technicalities of being correct instead of what would feel nice for a player as they progress the game. Giving more options to acquire Forma in a spot that also indirectly improves an existing option for an Exilus Weapon Adapter is healthy for all players.

You've brought up twice now that you refuse to progress your weapons within this system. That's totally up to you, but if you're really not invested in the adversary weapon system, then why would this proposed change be a problem for you?

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Also, we keep seeing content that utilizes randomized loadouts, so these do play a part in progression.

Yes, we keep seeing that content and its mechanics always gives at least one out and does not require setting every weapon up. I have been using 30/30 Mastery fodders in EDA just fine (if a weapon is good, even with 30 capacity and modding knowledge it can be valid in this content, if it is bad you can eventually prime with it or just equip it and never use it, but not amount of forma investement will make it as good as a weapon with much better bse stats).

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Racing to apply one to everything in the game isn't a requirement or expectation, but slowly applying them to your wider arsenal is how they're intended to function, just like Arcane Adapters.

Strongly disagree.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Using the word "optional" so loosely is just a weak argument because you're relying on the semantics and technicalities of being correct instead of what would feel nice for a player as they progress the game.

I use optional as synonym of "not mandatory to be able to experience full content/max the progression/succeed." And I consider this not an opinion or argument, but a fact, based on practical evidence that it is in fact not mandatory, myself included. 

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You've brought up twice now that you refuse to progress your weapons within this system.

Not entirely correct. Investing in weapons you like, gonna use and are powerful is a meaninful progression. Mindless investing in everything just to tick all boxes is a waste of time. Yes, I know it is a waste of time because I have invested in multiple weapons with weak base stats but interesting gimmick and they are still underperforming compared to staple items.

In other grinding games you also do not "socket" or "bless" or "enhance"  weak items, just the top ones and simply discarding the weak items after they served their time in order to focus on the more powerful ones is considered gear progression.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That's totally up to you, but if you're really not invested in the adversary weapon system, then why would this proposed change be a problem for you?

I never claimed it is somehow a problem to me. I just said that if we get a statement IF A then B and A is false, there is no reason to even consider B. If you find me a better A than "we must Forma each weapon 5 times for 1000 Mastery" I am willing to reconsider the statement.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

No, you have already tons of forma from normal relics. And Ayatans can be sold forma... not.

Ayatan Amber Stars are actually worthless. I'm sitting at 1,342 after maxing all my sculptures and that's all from normal gameplay over the years. I even have more Amber than Cyan because Amber is used in bounty drop tables and other locations.

Convert them to Endo, duh? Unless you are sitting on Trillions of endo/plat/cash then endo has some uses. However at this point whenever it's endo, sculptures or forma, everything have the same low price that you can afford.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Mastery Rank is core progression. If you wish to ignore that, that's fine for you, but the game encourages you to eventually max it out. You can't fall behind "it's optional" for everything just because video games are an entertainment medium. We're not talking about cosmetics, we're talking about loot progression in a looter shooter.

I don't find MR rank to be "core progression" at higher MR ranks. At rank ~16 you can get all weapons/frames (afair). At MR 30 you can Bless, can re-forma stuff without negatives (and maybe something else). However that doesn't mean that MR 16 cannot compete with MR 30. Later in game getting good mods, arcanes and frame/weapon combinations are more important than just acquiring every single Exp.

I'm MR 30 myself. I can probably go few ranks up but I haven't bothered with Tests. I keep most of my gear maxed but without forma/potato. And I'm doing fine.

I'm sympathizing with other players to add value to Requiem Relics. Requiem Relics have little to no value if you have a couple duplicates of each Requiem Mod.

I don't actually need Forma, Exilus Adapters or Requiem Relics myself:

Then maybe add something "different" yet helpful? You can acquire forma blueprint via random relic run. That's a fact. Can we add forma to Requiem relics? Maybe. Do we have to? no.

So, what about making drops better? Maybe:

- make Exilus adapter build already (it's rare)

- put more Kuva, at least for 1 roll (3500 afair)

- change useless 1 Silver for Riven ciphers and Riven trasmutater (blueprint probably)

- differentiate requiem relics - so R1 have Riven cipher and R2 can have Riven transmuter

- add different version based on factions (Kuva lich, Sister, Infested) that provides different rewards (2 uncommon mods stays)

- for example Tenet relic could give corrupted holokeys

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Ayatan Stars become worthless eventually. Formas are always a common daily necessity (if you're actually into the game).

If I don't consider it a problem for me, then it's a problem for nobody. That's it, that's what you sound like right there. Who's in need for help really I wonder... 🙄

Ayatan Stars become worthless eventually. Formas are always a common daily necessity (if you're actually into the game). The difference isn't some marginal stuff either, we're talking Endo vs something you require to make a proper build. Yes Endo is valuable early on, but once your mods are upgraded, they stay upgraded, permanently, and you can use them on everything. Meanwhile, every new update guns and frames drop in the arsenal for you to fully upgrade with potatoes and formas.

Oh, so you have 1 frame + 3 weapons. That's... 3x4=12 forma. 12 forma in how much? 3 months? 90 days. If you need even half of it (45) per every update then there is something wrong with your builds.

For many months I was sitting at ~50 forma. Some updates (dante, jade) and I have farmed some tenet weapons and now I'm at ~15. Even doing 3rd Dagath I still have enough forma even I haven't done "build forma a day" thing every day in like 1/2 year.

So no, seasoned player that use it on new stuff and maybe few other older then you don't need so much forma. Of course we are not talking here about "pokemon case" (aka Voltage case) or new player, as you said.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

I am.

Open crates and boxes then 😵

Open Lilith-axi relics, whenever it's intact or radiant that just have forma? Nice joke. :3

16 minutes ago, quxier said:
2 hours ago, Voltage said:
3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Expand  

I don't find MR rank to be "core progression" at higher MR ranks. At rank ~16 you can get all weapons/frames (afair). At MR 30 you can Bless, can re-forma stuff without negatives (and maybe something else). However that doesn't mean that MR 16 cannot compete with MR 30. Later in game getting good mods, arcanes and frame/weapon combinations are more important than just acquiring every single Exp.

I'm MR 30 myself. I can probably go few ranks up but I haven't bothered with Tests. I keep most of my gear maxed but without forma/potato. And I'm doing fine.

It is the OP who started the topic with "gotta milk that mastery from Kuva/Tenet weapons", not me or anyone else. Feel free to discuss it with him, not with me or anyone responding to me, responding to him.

2 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Not really, no. I consider this to be a non issue because statement is false as shown by evidence of me not doing it and getting max obtaibale MR level. That has nothing to do with problems, opinions or feelings. It is purely logical.

One gripe many players share with adversaries is the requirement to apply 5 Forma to receive the extra 1,000 Mastery Experience from each weapon. 

There is no such requirement and 1000 Mastery per 5 Forma investment is not worth it and not needed in order to reach max level. It is a feature that awards you with 2 more Capacity per Forma applied up to 40 base Capacity. It is not a requirement, it is an opportunity. It actually makes you require less Forma compared to other weapons. 200 Mastery per Forma could be non-existent. Ignoring that Opportunity completely and instead focusing on obtaining a meaningless bonus is a definition of making your own problems. 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There is no such requirement and 1000 Mastery per 5 Forma investment is not worth it and not needed in order to reach max level.

To receive the max MR from the kuva/tenet weapons, yes, it is required to use 5 forma.  Is it a requirement that anyone who launches Warframe and creates an account does this?  Of course not.  But it isn't inaccurate to state that to get max MR from a kuva/tenet weapon, you are required to sink 5 forma into it.  You're making the claim that players don't need to do this and can still reach MR34.  And that's true.  You are absolutely right.  But no one is contesting that.

Voltage didn't say that everyone who plays WF is mandated to put 5 forma into every kuva/tenet weapon they get.  I'll paste it below, emphasis added in bold.

"One gripe many players share with adversaries is the requirement to apply 5 Forma to receive the extra 1,000 Mastery Experience from each weapon."

• Like 2