The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff mote amp

Mystic_Ervo

A friend of mine who I introduced to Warframe is already on The Sacrifice, she's in the fight against Umbra and she's using a mote amp
Watching her try to drain Umbra's shields with the mote is an absolute pain and it's very frustrating for her, I understand that the mote is just mastery fodder and shouldn't be as powerful as modular amps but a damage boost wouldn't hurt and would make it a much more enjoyable experience for new players.
It's not normal that doing The Sacrifice with the mote is a walk through hell but with a modular amp it's an absolute joke

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

I understand that the mote is just mastery fodder and shouldn't be as powerful as modular amps but a damage boost

Mote amps damage is fine for this quest. It has sustained damage of 764.95 per second.

Weapon Comparison/Amp | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Big part of AMP damage are the Arcanes and the Focus school. Also not having Dragon key -75% damage equipped, helps.

Or just craft at least 111 AMP like normal players. Next should be 223. Rest of the amps should be XX3 or XX7 once she gets rep with Fortuna.

Edited by Zakkhar

13 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:
23 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Mote amps damage is fine for this quest. It has sustained damage of 764.95 per second.

Is reload time included in that DPS calculation???

I took the number of the chart i pasted link to. It includes reload speed. There are 3 damage columns: per shot, burst and sustained. Which includes what, you would have to ask the author. I can only assume it does because with 12 attacks per second 240 damage each and crit stats of 20%/x1.5 that would be quite low. The burst stat doesnt count reload.

It is a held damage type, so if she is trying to tap the button instead of holding it, the damage will tank.

For comparison 1XX (Raplak) offers 3912.40 sustained damage per second. with 111 it would be a bit more because 1 brace increases the max energy by 40,

Edited by Zakkhar

2 hours ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

She's new lmao, she finished The War Within like two or three days ago

Rushing through content with meh gear rather than properly preparing for it,
and then hitting upon hurdles in your way ... TBH, that seems perfectly fair to me.

Like, this is what games should do, provide challenges that you *can* overcome with enough tenacity,
but that also kinda push you to maybe try something else first, and come back stronger.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

She's new lmao, she finished The War Within like two or three days ago

maybe try to explain to her that the game isn't a race and rushing trough content isn't the best idea ever. Explore what you have access to and try to even slightly improve upon the things you already have before storming head first into the fire of the new stuff.

hace 6 horas, -MElHiOR- dijo:

Buff Mote Amp because someone doesn`t want to change Amp? Why? Its stupid logic.

Not "want", "can"

She want to change her amp but she can't grind all the Quills reputation, she's new lol, not everyone have been in this game for more than 2 years

hace 6 horas, Zakkhar dijo:

I took the number of the chart i pasted link to. It includes reload speed. There are 3 damage columns: per shot, burst and sustained. Which includes what, you would have to ask the author. I can only assume it does because with 12 attacks per second 240 damage each and crit stats of 20%/x1.5 that would be quite low. The burst stat doesnt count reload.

It is a held damage type, so if she is trying to tap the button instead of holding it, the damage will tank.

For comparison 1XX (Raplak) offers 3912.40 sustained damage per second. with 111 it would be a bit more because 1 brace increases the max energy by 40,

Idk how much shields Umbra have in The Sacrifice but taking in account that the first ability now gives him invincibility it was an absolute pain in the ass to my friend, to a point that the fight against Umbra lasted for about 10-15 minutes

hace 4 horas, NinjaZeku dijo:

Rushing through content with meh gear rather than properly preparing for it,
and then hitting upon hurdles in your way ... TBH, that seems perfectly fair to me.

Like, this is what games should do, provide challenges that you *can* overcome with enough tenacity,
but that also kinda push you to maybe try something else first, and come back stronger.

But DE literally want you to rush the story, look at all the changes they're doing to avoid grinding for new players. But for some reason you have to grind half a syndicate to be able to complete a quest, that has no sense

6 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

But DE literally want you to rush the story, look at all the changes they're doing to avoid grinding for new players.

Pretty sure they care about the game and want you to enjoy the ride rather than just zoom past most content.

Having some things streamlined / made easier that used to be timesinks etc back when that content was new, is a different matter.

8 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

But for some reason you have to grind half a syndicate to be able to complete a quest, that has no sense

Given how crafting an Amp (again, just with 111 parts is plenty better than Mote)
is available at Quills Rank 1, yes, what you just said there indeed makes no sense.

hace 2 horas, EDM774 dijo:

maybe try to explain to her that the game isn't a race and rushing trough content isn't the best idea ever. Explore what you have access to and try to even slightly improve upon the things you already have before storming head first into the fire of the new stuff.

The Sacrifice is not "new stuff", the "new stuff" is The New War, by then she probably has a 213, but for now a mote is all she can get. At least the game could warn you to get better equipment, as it does in other missions.

3 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

At least the game could warn you to get better equipment, as it does in other missions.

When does Warframe tell you to do that?

Like, openly, I mean.

Because the game DOES tell you, indirectly, to get a better Amp, by having you struggle with the default Mote.

Same way the game indirectly pushes you to try out new gear, and upgrade your Mods and stuff, as you progress.

Edited by NinjaZeku

44 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

The Sacrifice is not "new stuff", the "new stuff" is The New War, by then she probably has a 213, but for now a mote is all she can get. At least the game could warn you to get better equipment, as it does in other missions.

to a new player everything they do is "New stuff". You gotta put yourself in their shoes and not just think as a 10+ year old vet that's on the cusp waiting for the New "New" content. You're forgetting that we all had "insert time between updates" to prepare for that and you expect a new player to just storm past all of that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

by then she probably has a 213,

213 would be a waste. 1 alt fire is meh, it is much worse version of the 2 prism. 223 (2 alt fire) gives way more versatility (also better for Eidolons).

5 часов назад, Mystic_Ervo сказал:

Not "want", "can"

She want to change her amp but she can't grind all the Quills reputation, she's new lol, not everyone have been in this game for more than 2 years

Still no excuse for Mote Amp buff... It is only and exclusively the player`s mistake that he/she is in a hurry for no reason.

Edited by -MElHiOR-

5 часов назад, Mystic_Ervo сказал:

But DE literally want you to rush the story, look at all the changes they're doing to avoid grinding for new players. But for some reason you have to grind half a syndicate to be able to complete a quest, that has no sense

But you forgot the fact of WHEN the syndicate appeared and WHEN the quest appeared...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember doing sacrifice last year, and yeah it is pain, and yeah I play solo, not knowing anything about the game back then, and yeah, I cheesed it by just standing on top one of chandeliers and just shoot umbra over and over with mote amp

I think a buff to mote amp (like base damage increase) would not hurt the experience on a quest, cause after that mote amp would still be lackluster due to lower stats across for usage on other contents

Edited by T69xRiPx
  • Like 1

En 20/8/2024 a las 22:55, NinjaZeku dijo:

When does Warframe tell you to do that?

Like, openly, I mean.

Chains of Harrow

En 20/8/2024 a las 22:55, NinjaZeku dijo:

Because the game DOES tell you, indirectly, to get a better Amp, by having you struggle with the default Mote.

I still find it a bit problematic that they make you abort a story mission because you can't deal enough damage to the target, it's very anticlimactic

And I still don't see the problem with increasing the damage a little bit to a weapon that literally nobody uses, as if it would destroy the meta or something lmao

En 21/8/2024 a las 1:33, Zakkhar dijo:

213 would be a waste. 1 alt fire is meh, it is much worse version of the 2 prism. 223 (2 alt fire) gives way more versatility (also better for Eidolons).

She's new, it's the best combination we can get from the gifts for increasing reputation rank