Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got an idea for a Radiation status minor buff, while not changing anything about it.

Prof-Dante

Let me get straight to the plan and then I'll explain why I am finally convinced Radiation's Confusion status effect is good.

Simply put The damage increase enemies get against their allies with the confusion status is dealt as radiation damage.

So 550% radiation damage increase.

that so those enemies can further spread the Radiation status among their ranks based on their own status chance.

I am finally convinced that the confusion status effect from radiation is actually really great. because it messes with the enemy's core mechanic, it's AI, so it scales infinitely. and it's CC doesn't care about overguard.

I tested this as Qorvex on a Zariman mobile defense which has those difficult thrax enemies that chop through the objective's health in seconds and are hard to deal with, most Warframes I've used struggled a bit to both deal damage and maintain the defense's health, or even shields....while Qorvex' radiation let enemies deal the fighting and damage for him.

What this minor buff but major effect change will do is allow the status effect to spread in a chain reaction, each enemy will get increased radiation damage that will be dealt to their allies and those allies will get radiated and spread it as well.

it fits the theme while not changing anything about the status effect itself, or adding unnecessary power creep or damage.

• Like 3

Let me give you the reason why no tinkering with the confusion would make me rely on Radiation as my weapon damage: The confusion requires just priming, it is not connected to the weapon damage. As such, you would ideally use it only on a primer - on the other hand, for example, the electricity ticks are dependent on the weapon damage, so it makes sense to put it on a weapon that has some damage. Radiation is not the case.

If I wanted radiation status on enemies, I would put it on a hound companion. That is it, now every enemy around has 10 stacks of radiation. Done. You would make it self-propagate? Does not change a thing. You would make the confusion strike harder? Still would not put it on my weapon as there is no need - the radiation does offer nothing past the priming.

As you already mentioned, the CC the radiation procs offer does a lot. That is why I would be strongly against buffing the damage multiplicator or making it self-propagate. That would completely detach the game from players' input. That means AFK farming - and that thing that has a bad reputation.

14 hours ago, kadlis12 said:

Let me give you the reason why no tinkering with the confusion would make me rely on Radiation as my weapon damage: The confusion requires just priming, it is not connected to the weapon damage. As such, you would ideally use it only on a primer - on the other hand, for example, the electricity ticks are dependent on the weapon damage, so it makes sense to put it on a weapon that has some damage. Radiation is not the case.

If I wanted radiation status on enemies, I would put it on a hound companion. That is it, now every enemy around has 10 stacks of radiation. Done. You would make it self-propagate? Does not change a thing. You would make the confusion strike harder? Still would not put it on my weapon as there is no need - the radiation does offer nothing past the priming.

As you already mentioned, the CC the radiation procs offer does a lot. That is why I would be strongly against buffing the damage multiplicator or making it self-propagate. That would completely detach the game from players' input. That means AFK farming - and that thing that has a bad reputation.

I guess you can't win everybody.

6 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

I guess you can't win everybody.

Well, do not get discouraged. One opinion does not mean anything.

But given how things go with Radiation Hazzard (a modification that causes enemies to do radiation damage) - or how Kuva/Tenet nemesis with a radiation progenitor can eliminate defensive targets in a snap, I would probably not enjoy Warframe with that as a general setting.

Right now it doesn't spread, and that forces you to engage with enemies because it procs directly from your own hits. There are AOE procs, but those stay in their own area centered on who got hit. If procs could keep spreading by the enemies' own actions, it would be way to easy to just let the game play itself out, and that's a bad direction to take it.

Edited by Pakaku

On 2024-08-23 at 2:05 AM, Prof-Dante said:

it's CC doesn't care about overguard.

It cares somewhat, in that it does work even better when dealing with enemies without Overguard.  Essentially enemies protected by Overguard won't have their aggro behavior changed until they're attacked by an irradiated enemy.   The wiki says they're immune to the status (though it shows up on their status bar) which might also mean to the "damage from allies" debuff component.  But  I haven't tested that part.