The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea and her 4th ability(once the timer is up)

Conlisis

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well, we haven't heard from a single player in this thread who is using Temporal Anchor. So I guess it's just trash then.

And you in particular have just been wrong about everything, like your "helpful tips" of preventing the knockdown with PSF (which doesn't work) or to switch the tap/hold setting of Temporal Anchor (doesn't work), or you judging TA to be very powerful because it's Protea's "cheat death" ability (it isn't).

hi

il y a 2 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

Why hello there. I assume you mean to say that you do use Temporal Anchor? Great. Then you will probably agree that it isn't very good currently.

Hi

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Why hello there. I assume you mean to say that you do use Temporal Anchor? Great. Then you will probably agree that it isn't very good currently.

its fine, you know the usual comeback. My only problem is sustaining energy since I leave the dispensary behind and run blind rage.

Edited by Sephylon086918

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Hi

thats just redoing the already stupid dmg from their weapons, its an overly edited meme video cause well, its a meme video, ability still sucks

tho i guess if used like that with radiant finish its a better version of marked for death which is a low bar, and then again you are relying on helminth and i'd rather just helminth over it and have a smoother time while waiting for anchor to be made better

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 4

il y a 3 minutes, TKDancer a dit :

ability still sucks

Provide proof. Refuse proof.

Ability does infinite damage + Utility rewinding combo counter/ammo/shield/health + Death cheat.

Still sucks !!!!!

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Refuse proof.

not really a matter of refusal, more disagreement, and a meme video with nonstop screaming type of editing is not really a good way to prove a point regardless

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Ability does infinite damage

the dmg is actually from the weapons + radiant finish augment's insane multiplier tho, its a funny proof of concept but for that kind of gameplay id rather just play zephyr or kullervo

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well, we haven't heard from a single player in this thread who is using Temporal Anchor. So I guess it's just trash then.

And you in particular have just been wrong about everything, like your "helpful tips" of preventing the knockdown with PSF (which doesn't work) or to switch the tap/hold setting of Temporal Anchor (doesn't work), or you judging TA to be very powerful because it's Protea's "cheat death" ability (it isn't).

I use it. I just don't really talk about it because it doesn't bother me. I guess the rewind and eating orbs during the rewind is annoying but that's about it. It'd be nice if the hold-cancel refunded energy too I suppose and if the temporal explosion actually paid off but I haven't used her since at least before Jade, maybe the armor changes have been helpful here.

You could probably argue that the ability's primary asset of allowing Protea to have largely limitless resources isn't really amazing because there's a lot of ways to keep explosion ammo/energy topped off in Warframe but I don't really regard it as terrible, I'll grant that I've never tried to make Protea use Helminth stuff because I try to make the Warframe's base kit work first and foremost and well, in doing so I just did not have many complaints besides the ones listed above.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

6 hours ago, TKDancer said:

i guess if used like that with radiant finish its a better version of marked for death

It is not, unfortunately, since the explosion has bugged line of sight. As in, the line of sight of the explosion appears to originate from the soles of your feet, and only targets enemies whose soles of their feet are within "view" of your soles. Meaning any little bump in the ground or any elevation difference makes enemies not get hit by the explosion.

43 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

It'd be nice if the hold-cancel refunded energy too I suppose and if the temporal explosion actually paid off but I haven't used her since at least before Jade, maybe the armor changes have been helpful here.

In theory, yes, but as I said the explosion has broken LoS so it matters not. The armor changes *would* make it good for AoE if the AoE actually worked though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

the explosion has bugged line of sight

On 2024-06-25 at 2:06 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Feel free to have a look at this video I posted a while back, you simply cannot rely on Temporal Anchors LoS to work.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

It is not, unfortunately, since the explosion has bugged line of sight. As in, the line of sight of the explosion appears to originate from the soles of your feet

incredible how many abilities still suffer from this

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Feel free to have a look at this video I posted a while back, you simply cannot rely on Temporal Anchors LoS to work.

That is pretty wild, and IIRC the LOS changes happened right after Dante's release so I wouldn't have spotted that. I'll play with her a bit tonight, see if/how my viewpoint changes.