The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

It's too easy to accidentally spend Platinum

I've accidentally purchased 2 weapon slots somehow. It probably didn't help that I wasn't aware there was a limit to the number of weapon and warframe slots in the first place when I started. I have no idea how I purchased them, but I don't recall anything popping up saying something would cost platinum, I just noticed it was gone. The worst part is I was intentionally being careful not to spend platinum until I better understood the game and what would be most efficient to spend it on. The exact same thing happened to my wife who started shortly after me. The game really needs to make it clear to new players that there are limits to the slots, which is really easy to do with UI design, and they need to make it really clear when you're about to spend platinum. The experience has made me really reluctant to purchase platinum going forward if there's a chance I could accidentally spend it on something I didn't want to spend it on.

Also, add a purchase history for what you spend platinum on. I had to spend far too long trying to find out what could possibly cost 12 platinum for it to have gone missing. It's a terrible user experience.

29 minutes ago, AmazingSully said:

I've accidentally purchased 2 weapon slots somehow.

You wanted to add a weapon, you ran out of slots, you get a prompt if you want to buy the slots, you click ok without even looking at it.  There was no accident there, just your own negligence.

The worst part is I was intentionally being careful not to spend platinum until I better understood the game and what would be most efficient to spend it on.

Slots for more weapons and warframes are absolutely the best things you can buy with plat when new.

Also, add a purchase history for what you spend platinum on.

DE has it, contact support if you want to know. Making this available for players may not be a good idea.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

To @AmazingSully,

I'd comment what @Zakkhar said "Slots for more weapons and warframes are absolutely the best things you can buy with plat when new."

"When new" does not seems to apply to me, since 2013 ^^

So ... do not worry, Weapons/Warframe/pets slots and Cosmetics are the MAJOR Plats investments,

You'll ALWAYS need them and ALWAYS run out of them.

GL n' GG ✌️

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You wanted to add a weapon, you ran out of slots, you get a prompt if you want to buy the slots, you click ok without even looking at it.  There was no accident there, just your own negligence.

It also happened to my wife, and after looking online it looks to be a common problem. It's clearly not obvious enough to new players if a number of players are having the same issue. It also wasn't clear that weapon slots were even a thing and I only found out about them because of this experience. And as I said, I was being particularly careful not to spend platinum and still missed any potential warnings. That's not negligence, it's bad UI/UX design.

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Making this available for players may not be a good idea.

How could giving players the ability to see what they spent their premium currency on be a bad thing rather than forcing them to contact support? That makes no sense.

And as I've said, this experience has made me extremely reluctant to purchase platinum in the future.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AmazingSully said:

still missed any potential warnings. That's not negligence, it's bad UI/UX design.

What do you want? To be needed to type a word every time you want to use plat? eg. Confirm or Override. That functions in certain other cases and people still manage to "accidentally" do things, while all others suffer.

How could giving players the ability to see what they spent their premium currency on be a bad thing rather than forcing them to contact support? That makes no sense.

Ask support about it while you are at it. Nobody is forcing anything. You want A, A is behind gate B, you have to open gate B and get it. Or dont.

And as I've said, this experience has made me extremely reluctant to purchase platinum in the future.

And? What me or any other player reading this has anything to do with it? You do not like a service, you do not use it. This is not google review.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AmazingSully said:

The game really needs to make it clear to new players that there are limits to the slots, which is really easy to do with UI design

It did and it does. Check your inventory. People just skip and click ok/enter on everything without reading.

• Like 1

My god what is your problem @Zakkhar? Firstly, this is a new user experience feedback forum, I'm telling you about the experience of a new user, which you clearly are not. Right now, the experience for new users is poor. It is not clear when you're spending platinum on weapon slots, or that weapon slots are even a thing in this game as a new user. What I want is better UI design to make it obvious that weapon slots are a thing, that they cost platinum, and that you are spending platinum to open them. As I said, not myself, nor my wife, or literally dozens of other examples I found online with a simple google search who all had this problem, saw any sort of prompt, confirmation, or warning that the action they were taking was about to cost them 12 platinum. What I want is for them to make that clearer, why would that ever be a bad thing?

And why would you want users to have to contact support to find out what they spent their premium currency on? It's a simple feature to add which adds a lot of value, takes the burden off of support who shouldn't have to look through my history to find what I purchased, and leaves a poor user experience. That's also bad design.

And finally, your comment of "And? What me or any other player reading this has anything to do with it? You do not like a service, you do not use it. This is not google review." is so god damned pointless. The reason it matters is that I'm a new player, potential revenue for the devs. This forum exists for user feedback FOR THE DEVS. I am saying that I am less likely to give the devs money because of this experience, therefore, it's important feedback to give them.

Your comments are pointless, miss the entire purpose of this forum, and are needlessly hostile to new users. Be better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmazingSully said:

My god what is your problem @Zakkhar?

Why do you assume I got problem? Because I happen to have different opinions or point of view? Is that unusual situation for you?

Firstly, this is a new user experience feedback forum, I'm telling you about the experience of a new user, which you clearly are not.

But I was once. I can still imagine how it is. Every plat mechanic would apply to me as well, not just new players. Am I not allowed to voice my concerns? 

Right now, the experience for new users is poor

Compared to what?

What I want is for them to make that clearer, why would that ever be a bad thing?

Because It is already pretty clear and any additional hoops and UI indicators will clutter the view. And will not solve the issue of people midlessly clicking Enter on every pop up.

And why would you want users to have to contact support to find out what they spent their premium currency on?

Why do you assume I would want something? What do I care? You should ask support, not me. They have it, they havent made it accesible, hence there is a reason. I just point at this fact.

The reason it matters is that I'm a new player, potential revenue for the devs.

Potential. And for the company that hires devs, not devs themselves. This is a free to play game. You are not a paying customer. Different thing. Even if you buy the currency you are still not a paying customer (well, you are, but for the purchase of the currency only). It kinda sounded like google review, with you repeating the buzz words over and over. 

This forum exists for user feedback FOR THE DEVS.

Yes and I am giving feedback too. You can always make feedback in a private manner, so that other players have no access and cannot add their own feedback to your feedback.

Your comments are pointless, miss the entire purpose of this forum, and are needlessly hostile to new users. Be better.

My comments are my feedback. You seem to be very hostile yourself. You are literally denying me free speech, because I happen to say things you do not agree with. Implying that I must have a problem and that I am hostile and therefore you are the good one. 

I am not your enemy: consent ruins, discord builds.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Why do you assume I got problem?

Because you're unnecessarily hostile, and not just to me, but it looks like to everyone on this forum. I took 5 seconds to look at your other posts and it was depressing seeing how awful you are to everyone. You seem to be a generally unpleasant person who doesn't play nice with others. It's sad and you should work on that. You know there's a saying, "If you run into an A****** int he morning, you ran into an A******. If you run into A******s all day, you're the A******". You should maybe try to reflect on that, and your experiences on this forum.

• Like 1

To @AmazingSully,

Cool down a bit, the thread is "New Player Experience" but giving advice is also part of warframe policy,

Warframe's older system was more secure about platinum but it was so annoying that it get simplified because A LOT PLAYERS gave FEEDBACK for it,

This is why today it is simple to spend it and why zakkhar is telling this,

Look a bit :

Older system in Arsenal menu : :

• No enough slot give windows alert; (3s)
  • You need to found where to buy slots... (1 post in forum/wikia, 2-3 min)
  • You need to go from Arsenal to Orbiter Right Desk (market, 3min10')
  • You need to buy the numbers of slots need after searching the correct menu  (4-5 min)
  • You need to found where to check the slots numbers (2 post in forum / wikia, 5-7min)
  • You need to inventory and found the numbers of free slots (7-9min)
  • You need to go back in arsenal (10 min... at least)

Actual system in Arsenal menu :

• No enough slots : alert + propose to buy slots (10sec max)

So Yes, I agree as a NEW PLAYER, a few MORE STEPS or ALERTS when buying should really improve it,

By Experience, like with Creator Mode, a NEW PLAYER mode with more alerts and explanation or why not a timer before buy could be implement,

The fact that you get annoyed is a good thing for the thread, that clearly state that something IS missing,

So Stay Frosty, do not bother too much about it and continue your feedback ✌️,

Edited by RLanzinger
Add-on : forgot a thing :p

3 hours ago, AmazingSully said:

My god what is your problem @Zakkhar? Firstly, this is a new user experience feedback forum, I'm telling you about the experience of a new user, which you clearly are not. Right now, the experience for new users is poor. It is not clear when you're spending platinum on weapon slots, or that weapon slots are even a thing in this game as a new user. What I want is better UI design to make it obvious that weapon slots are a thing, that they cost platinum, and that you are spending platinum to open them. As I said, not myself, nor my wife, or literally dozens of other examples I found online with a simple google search who all had this problem, saw any sort of prompt, confirmation, or warning that the action they were taking was about to cost them 12 platinum. What I want is for them to make that clearer, why would that ever be a bad thing?

IN the Foundry you have message like "you have not enough slots, do you want to buy slot(s) for X plat?"

In the inventory when you click "buy slots" you first go to new window > select how many > then buy.

Have you see any? Maybe you haven't seen and that's a bug not lack of feature. If you have seen and proceed then it's on you.

I'd have to agree with Zakkhar, I might add a smiley or two tho, so you don't take things personnally cause you seems to have a bad day 🙂.

So no, most of us don't want more UI clicks and safety measure for people not reading. The UI is already saturated alot and is a pain to navigate quiclky with ease 😜

Plat spending already have enough warnings, you will get use to it and get back those 12plats in one trade later.

• Like 1

To @Geometries62 (Joined May 12, 2021 , MR30, 1874 HOURS of play) : "We do not need another tab for that"

Dear Geo, can you tell me who "WE" is ? because as a MR30 with 1874 hours of play, you are hardly a NEW PLAYER...

1874 hours of play is ten times the duration most players have in any game...

And the New Player Experience Feedback is for New Player ... like @AmazingSully with 24 hours experiences which is 80 TIMES lesser than yours

Do not forget the thread theme ^^

4 минуты назад, RLanzinger сказал:

Dear Geo, can you tell me who "WE" is ? because as a MR30 with 1874 hours of play, you are hardly a NEW PLAYER...

1874 hours of play is ten times the duration most players have in any game...

I was a new player once, as everyone here. Did not find anything difficult or misleading about platinum spending. Game is very clear about that. Well the only problem is when people press OK button without reading warning notifications first. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AmazingSully said:

As I said, not myself, nor my wife, or literally dozens of other examples I found online with a simple google search who all had this problem, saw any sort of prompt, confirmation, or warning that the action they were taking was about to cost them 12 platinum.

If you didn't see a prompt, then that seems like a bug more than feedback - the below is supposed to appear whenever you attempt to claim something from your foundry and do not have enough slots:

new-player-here-this-is-fucking-stupid-v

That message makes it fairly clear that:

1. You're purchasing something for 12 plat

2. Weapon slots are what you're purchasing, due to not having enough space in inventory for whatever it is you're trying to claim; these amounts change per item and inventory capacity (i.e. Warframes, companions, etc), but the message is always in this format

I do agree having a purchase history in game would be nice, other live service games have a way to access this and it's helpful to see / review purchases.

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, Nekomian сказал:

2. Weapon slots are what you're purchasing, due to not having enough space in inventory for whatever it is you're trying to claim; these amounts change per item and inventory capacity (i.e. Warframes, companions, etc), but the message is always in this format

I do agree having a purchase history in game would be nice, other live service games have a way to access this and it's helpful to see / review purchases.

I think it would also help with "black" platinum. Also DE should make an ingame FAQ about all currency types in Warframe (credits, plat, ducats etc).

2 hours ago, Geometries62 said:

I think it would also help with "black" platinum. Also DE should make an in-game FAQ about all currency types in Warframe (credits, plat, ducats etc).

highlighting over a currency with your mouse pointer tell you what it is.

the thing that a lot of people like me liked about Warframe when we started, we didnt have to do an hour of click this exact item and this exact spot to use it like a mobile game that we are going to forget because we didn't do it for ourselfs

if they add mobile game hand holding, even if im way past it in the game, i will still uninstall

Edited by spider_enigma

17 hours ago, quxier said:

IN the Foundry you have message like "you have not enough slots, do you want to buy slot(s) for X plat?"

In the inventory when you click "buy slots" you first go to new window > select how many > then buy.

Have you see any? Maybe you haven't seen and that's a bug not lack of feature. If you have seen and proceed then it's on you.

I did not see any prompts, nor did my wife, nor have a number of other players who I have read online about this same issue. I just noticed my platinum was missing. Even something that just popped up and said "You don't have any weapon slots, purchase one for 12 platinum?" with the little icon for plat would have been enough, but we didn't have anything like that.

16 hours ago, Nekomian said:

If you didn't see a prompt, then that seems like a bug more than feedback - the below is supposed to appear whenever you attempt to claim something from your foundry and do not have enough slots:

new-player-here-this-is-fucking-stupid-v

We absolutely did not receive these prompts. This would have been clear. Definitely sounds like a bug then.

2 hours ago, AmazingSully said:
20 hours ago, quxier said:

I did not see any prompts, nor did my wife, nor have a number of other players who I have read online about this same issue. I just noticed my platinum was missing. Even something that just popped up and said "You don't have any weapon slots, purchase one for 12 platinum?" with the little icon for plat would have been enough, but we didn't have anything like that.

Ok, that explains everything. It's a bug not lack of feature.

• Like 1