Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hidden Message survival seems impossible.

GalvidKong

Question

So, I’m going through the quest “Hidden Messages” and I made it to Calypso. The problem is once I’m down to five minutes I get completely overran  by the infested. So if anybody that has made it pass there please tell me if I’m missing something. Honestly, I’ve never been the best when it came to soloing survival missions in the first place. 

11 answers to this question

il y a 16 minutes, GalvidKong a dit :

I get completely overran  by the infested

First, that's great to hear. The game can offer challenges to new players, and that's a good thing. It means you can both learn from your mistake, and also progress with better modding and gear.

Now, as said above : we can't help you without knowing what you are struggling with. It is the mission itself, as in Time vs Life Support ? Is it survivability ? Is it damage ? We can give you a lot of tips for everysingle of these questions.

1 hour ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

What weapons are you using? What Frane? What mods do you have on? Without knowing your mod and weapon loadout , it’ll be hard to offer pointers

I mainly use Rhino (while sometimes using Wukong). I’m not the best at sorting through mods and usually just use the auto apply feature. For weapons I usually use a Karak, Pyrana, and Scino all max rank. I really need to work on my modding. 

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

First, that's great to hear. The game can offer challenges to new players, and that's a good thing. It means you can both learn from your mistake, and also progress with better modding and gear.

Now, as said above : we can't help you without knowing what you are struggling with. It is the mission itself, as in Time vs Life Support ? Is it survivability ? Is it damage ? We can give you a lot of tips for everysingle of these questions.

My main problem isn’t really dying to much it’s  just hard for me to make it to Life Support in  succession.  

Edited by GalvidKong

à l’instant, GalvidKong a dit :

I mainly use Rhino (while sometimes using Wukong). I’m not the best at sorting through mods and usually just use the auto apply feature. For weapons I usually use a Karak, Pyrana, and Scino all max rank. I really need to work on my modding. 

So what's the issue ? As a Rhino/Wukong, I suppose you can survive, so then it's probably damage.
Damage doesn't really come from weapons, but from the mods you apply to said weapons.
The basic rule of modding is : Don't put a lot of mods rank0, but rather put a few mods high level.
For example, you'd like to have %damage + %elementary (your choice, here against infested, Heat is good). Just having those two mods together (whatever the weapon) will greatly multiply your damage output (as they multpliy each other). Then you can add some Firerate/Attack speed.

à l’instant, GalvidKong a dit :

My main problem isn’t rally during to much it’s  just hard for me to make it to Life Support in  succession.  

Every containers can drop little life support modules (giving +5%) and so does enemies when killed.

Also, Life support tower grant +30%. Use them wisely ! Don't waste them before you are under 70% Life support (written on the left)

On 2024-09-03 at 10:01 PM, GalvidKong said:

My main problem isn’t really dying to much it’s  just hard for me to make it to Life Support in  succession.  

if you are having trouble pushing through the hoards, keep in mind that sliding in the air performs a jump-kick that can clear a path, also bullet jumping i think knocks down enemies who are in contact with you at the time of the jump.
So if you alternate between bullet jumping and air-sliding the enemies are usually not a problem (obstacle-wise).
Otherwise rhino's charge performs the same function.

Another thing i could suggest is that you stay near the life support so that you can fire one off when you need it, instead of doing the mad-dash across the level to try get to one before time runs out

On 2024-09-03 at 12:59 PM, GalvidKong said:

Don't use the auto nodding, in the mod screen you can type in damage types, such as viral, corrosive, radiation, magnetic. If you go to any mission node it now has a symbol that tells you what damage type to use. Now, the mod slots actually have a 1-8 order. 1 being top left and going obviously left to right. So to create a damage type just type in eg corrosive and pop them in top row. If you have used gorma then try match them up or use the move option. You can then do 3 builds for 3 damage types in the A,B,C

With Rhino, just get high strength and duration and just keep using Rhino skin ability

You want to keep infested at distance. So a decent fast firing weapon like Soma is good

the auto configuration should be fine (not bad at least), so I guess that the problem is that your mods aren't upgraded enough (you know, upgrade ranks using endo, in the "actions" button)

rather than upgrading one after the other to the max it's better to upgrade them all mods in your build equally, since a) the higher the rank the less value you get for endo out of upgrading and b) they synergize with each other. that means all the multishot or crit in the world doesn't do much when there is no solid base damage, but only base damage doesn't do much without the other stats either.

a propos multishot, try to get Vigilante Armaments from Eidolon bounties, it's got better value (which is important for a newbie with limited resources) than Split Chamber (which you probably also don't have anyway?)

but as for Infested, melee is surely more effective (unless you get AoE/punch though weapons)

Edited by supernils

On 2024-09-03 at 2:01 PM, GalvidKong said:

probably because you don't kill enough enemies, since the enemies also drop life support. not sure if it's possible to sustain yourself from the life support stations alone

@GalvidKong : "I mainly use Rhino ...  and usually just use the auto apply feature. ... I really need to work on my modding."

If you wanna work on modding, I'd advise you to split your config into different theme,

because it help defining what you need and where you have to go,

For example, I mostly use these three ones since I start playing WF :

• Config All purpose : Equip 1/2 augments + Energy to favor the use on 1/2 abilities
  • Config Badass : Optimize Armor, Health and Melee. Favor only 1 to no abilities.
  • Config Crowd Controls : Go for abilities Range and Efficiency. Favor only AoE abilities

Also you may need some TACTICS to survive :

• Prepare Restore pods, 40 of each at min : you can bring 200 per missions max.
  • Prepare SpecterS, 20 of each at min : Suda's Drone for shield + A Tenno + Clem + Railjack crew call.
  • Prepare Archgun (Not now but you'll be able later after Fortuna backroom quests)

Also Quest are solo so prepare solo tactics :

• Prepare ALL your melee for speed >> 1.2 with Life Strike (heavy att to health).
  • Train for some DESPERATE MOVES : SPAM heavy Slam when blocked or if low on life (life strike).
  • Train for some DESPERATE Dodges : ROLL like Sonic when underfire or path blocked (-75% damage, pass through mos group).

• Like 1