Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get a Specter to use the secondary weapon over the primary.

(XBOX)Tatakai no Kami

Question

8 answers to this question

This is nothing more than an educated guess, after reading the Wiki I'm assuming the Volt specter you are talking about had a primary with a very low max ammo pool. According to the Wiki specters have their own Ammo Pool and can deplete their ammo and pick up ammo.

So perhaps a weapon like the Prisma Lenz with a max ammo of 8. This game has Mods and Riven's with  negative max ammo. So a 1 or 2 max ammo Primary Weapon would force the specter to change to the Grimoire.

Again, this is just my thoughts after reading the Wiki article on Specters.

Edited by werefox85
my reply to a reply was added into my reply
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_End_Kinda said:

Just unequip your primary when making the specter lol what is this question 

Is it really that easy? I've never tried and the OP claimed in their post that they cannot make a specter without a primary.

2 minutes ago, werefox85 said:

This is nothing more than an educated guess, after reading the Wiki I'm assuming the Volt specter you are talking about had a primary with a very low max ammo pool. According to the Wiki specters have their own Ammo Pool and can deplete their ammo and pick up ammo.

So perhaps a weapon like the Prisma Lenz with a max ammo of 8. This game has Mods and Rivens with  negative max ammo. So a 1 or 2 max ammo Primary Weapon would force the specter to change to the Grimoire.

Again, this is just my thoughts after reading the Wiki article on Specters.

Is it really that easy? I've never tried and the OP claimed in their post that they cannot make a specter without a primary.

Apparently you can’t do it anymore that was the old times

1 minute ago, werefox85 said:

My old warframe brain talking, it’s not that easy anymore lol my bad 

• Like 1

Only way I know to encourage it is to equip a low ammo primary.  When the specter runs out of primary ammo, they'll use the sidearm.  Or melee, though you can reduce that some by keeping distance. 

I still only say "encourage"  though because they will happily switch back to the primary as they find more ammo.

edit: I guess another thing to do if you're not fixed on using a particular specter is to choose one with longer CDs on their abilities and/or fewer available abilities.  Less ability usage should mean more weapon usage, but I haven't paid enough attention to verify that.

Edited by Tiltskillet